Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 01:26 PM

79 posts, read 54,438 times

Advertisements

The child is going to probably need a lifetime of other psychologists to deal with what all these OTHER psychologists allowed the parents and doctors to do.

The bathroom debate and adult trans issues are distinct from this - we recognize that maturity is required for consent in almost every other area, driving, voting, drinking, going to war, having sex, working a job. There are reasons why we stopped children working in dangerous factories even though I'm sure many families appreciated the extra income and probably defended their children working before child labor laws intervened. There are limits to acceptable risk with children and there should be limits to what parents, psychologists and doctors should be able to do to a physically healthy child who is struggling with gender identity.

There are lines that shouldn't be crossed, and surgically mutilating a healthy child under the age of ten to alleviate mental discomfort is just sick and wrong. Bleh. I'm done with this horrid topic - what a travesty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2016, 05:55 PM

15,699 posts, read 10,500,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
Yep, used to be called being a TomBoy.
I was 100% tomboy. I envied what boys had. I wanted to be able to tackle other boys on the football field, swing a baseball bat and hit it out of the park, swing on the jungle jim and not be in trouble with teachers for showing my panties (I was sent home more than once at 5 or 6 for being in a dress and showing my panties on the jungle jim).

I wanted to be a boy, but never equated males with a penis. I wanted the boys' freedom. At 6, 7, 8, 9,10 or 11 sexual identity was not in my frame of reference. Boys had it better than girls so I wanted to be a boy until puberty hit and I knew I was a heterosexual girl. I was still the best quarterback on our neighborhood pick up football team until 14 or 15, however. The high school football coach lamented that I was unable to play football when he saw me throw downfield to a few high school receivers I played with for years when sharing the field with the football team during cheerleader practices.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 08-11-2016 at 06:26 PM..

Old 08-11-2016, 06:10 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,052,704 times
Back in my days boys stayed boys and girls stay girls, even if the boys were girly and even when the girls were tom boyish.

FYI I am not even 30. We are finally making progress. When a boy can have his reproductive parts removed, then get pumped full of estrogen to over power the body that is naturally trying to produce a man. Freedom is awesome!

Old 08-11-2016, 06:21 PM

19,916 posts, read 12,439,337 times
When I was a kid I thought boys were dirty, smelly and had cooties. I sure didn't want to be one of them.

Old 08-11-2016, 06:25 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,126,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
https://verizon.yahoo.com/gma/mother...opstories.html

Mom's really pushing this one. I know of a family who's son was a transgender from an early age. At 1st we thought he wanted to play dolls and wear fairy dresses because his sister wanted to - but it soon became apparent it was more than that. The family eventually got him the operation when he was 9 - but they never put up a ruckus as to what bathroom he should use in school. Since their is a neutral bathroom available and until this child gets the operation - that should do.

It's crazy what kids have to learn at such a young age. While kids are pretty much accepting when it comes to color, religion, disabilities ect - adults are far less accepting and that rubs off on the children.
Yeah...this is bull****. Let's wait until after somebody has begun puberty to determine if their transgender. I get the feeling the mom wanted a daughter, but got a son, and is pushing their craziness on this poor kid.

Old 08-11-2016, 06:35 PM

20,523 posts, read 15,970,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
This is a different issue than the restroom issue.

I can agree that it is wrong to change the gender of a 9-year old, and that has nothing to do with religion or any kind of bigotry at all. It's the fact that gender and sexual identity doesn't fully develop until your early teens. I think 18 should be the age, personally.
Agreed.

Old 08-11-2016, 06:45 PM

27,306 posts, read 16,305,868 times
BS. A 5 year old doesn't even plan 48 hours ahead, they live in the now. Twisting his mind to be gender confused is sick.

Old 08-11-2016, 07:04 PM

6,842 posts, read 2,872,620 times
I am trans. It has taken decades for me to figure this out. This is just too soon. I so hope the parents are right. Because the consequences of them being wrong will be devastating. Before I accepted this, I was completely miserable. I don't want to imagine the consequences of these parents being wrong. Transition is largely a one-way street. Many of the effects of hormones are irreversible.I hate to be all gloom and doom, but this is gravely serious. This isn't something to do on a whim. And never for a child, no matter how badly they want it. I'm so saddened by this.

Old 08-11-2016, 07:09 PM

7,279 posts, read 11,013,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Boys get to do all the fun stuff. There is no real equivalent to the word tomboy to describe boys who want to play with dolls.

Actually there is but sissy boy has negative connotations.
Yes there is a name, boys.

Never heard of GI Joe?

Why does everything need a name?

Old 08-11-2016, 07:35 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,967,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Yes there is a name, boys.

Never heard of GI Joe?

Why does everything need a name?
Playing with toy army solders don't count
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies