Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2016, 06:04 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,760,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
Black lies matter terrorist group. Instead of focusing attention on the BLM terror group they will focus on the gun. But we can hope that Trump gets elected and no more glad handing these BLM and Islam terror groups.
Not letting this turn to a trump/anti Islam thread. Specifically it is an introduction, or RE-USE of a term that is not commonly utilized, as a possible reclassification of what should be regulated.

I can be very persuasive with stating why many rights 'must' be regulated. But rights are restrictions on government, not something they give us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2016, 06:21 PM

18,488 posts, read 7,165,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Do you prefer 'assault weapon', then?
No, "assault weapon" is a made up term used by the left to describe any scary looking black gun to make it seem somehow more deadly.

The ban-happy Left loves to make up words that have little or no basis in reality.

"Homophobic"

"Islamophobic"

"Transphobic"

"Undocumented Immigrants"

"Assault Weapon"

Old 07-17-2016, 06:23 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,760,527 times
Quote:
Who's the idiot???

I live in New Jersey where it's practically against the law to say the word 'gun' and even I understand the term long gun!

You seem to be the only one here who doesn't.
I understand the linking of long and gun together very well.

Guess you missed that it's a re-introduced for the debate to restrict-regulate.

Old 07-17-2016, 06:27 PM

30,331 posts, read 18,890,489 times
Quote:
LOL, what a bunch of BS!
BS?

Well....... that is what the media says. Just take a look at the reports.

Perhaps liberals, if they actually investigate what the media is saying and what their politicians are doing, would not be liberals anymore.

Take a look at the killings in Baton Rouge, Dallas, San bernadino, Fort Hood, and the snipers in DC. All the reports described "long guns".

Wake up- liberalism is simply fascism of a different name.

Old 07-17-2016, 06:28 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,327,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
Not letting this turn to a trump/anti Islam thread. Specifically it is an introduction, or RE-USE of a term that is not commonly utilized, as a possible reclassification of what should be regulated.
You are very ignorant of gun terminology.

Old 07-17-2016, 06:29 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,493,328 times
Quote:
WTF. Is this the new term to 'scare' us out of our rights?
It's the new term to 'scare' us into buying more guns and more ammo.

Old 07-17-2016, 06:30 PM

78,860 posts, read 46,885,589 times
Quote:
I won't lie; I didn't turn on the news till after the British Open, gym, and a run. So I'm flipping between the 3 biggies (which I usually no longer watch).

All 3 are referring to the shooter in all black with his 'long gun'.

WTF. Is this the new term to 'scare' us out of our rights?
They want the rifles.
Those are the most dangerous to government, when they become tyrannical.

Old 07-17-2016, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They want the rifles.
Those are the most dangerous to government, when they become tyrannical.
No-

When Muslims or blacks kill people with an AR-15, it is termed a "long gun", as liberals do not want their constituents associated with the AR-15.

When whites kill other people, they use the AR-15, but it suddenly becomes an "assault rifle", as "assault rifles" need to be banned. "Long guns" on the other hand, are just hunting weapons used by normal, law abiding citizens who can do no wrong (i.e. black criminals and Muslims). At Sandy Hook, a lunatic killed children with an "assault rifle", while in Baton Rouge, Dallas, San Bernadino, Fort Hood, and DC, a "long gun" was used.

The term "assault rifle" sounds like a military weapon while "long gun" is simply a hunting rifle.

Liberals are completely, out of their minds, insane.

Old 07-17-2016, 06:40 PM

7,587 posts, read 6,683,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
No-

When Muslims or blacks kill people with an AR-15, it is termed a "long gun", as liberals do not want their constituents associated with the AR-15.

When whites kill other people, they use the AR-15, but it suddenly becomes an "assault rifle", as "assault rifles" need to be banned. "Long guns" on the other hand, are just hunting weapons used by normal, law abiding citizens who can do no wrong (i.e. black criminals and Muslims). At Sandy Hook, a lunatic killed children with an "assault rifle", while in Baton Rouge, Dallas, San Bernadino, Fort Hood, and DC, a "long gun" was used.

The term "assault rifle" sounds like a military weapon while "long gun" is simply a hunting rifle.

Liberals are completely, out of their minds, insane.
I'm a liberal with an AR-15, several handguns, and numerous other rifles and shotguns. Where do I fit into your stereotype?

Old 07-17-2016, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
I'm a liberal with an AR-15, several handguns, and numerous other rifles and shotguns. Where do I fit into your stereotype?
How many people have you killed?

Since you are white and probably not Muslim, if you killed someone, the media would say that you did so with an assault rifle. If you converted to Islam, the same crime would be committed with "a long gun". I would offer that you probably cannot change your race, so that option is off the table.

If you do actually own weapons, do you support the 2nd amendment, or not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies