Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 12:29 AM

23,655 posts, read 17,601,013 times

Advertisements

Bernie Sanders supporters melt down over FBI's Hillary Clinton decision - CNNPolitics.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 12:29 AM

29,264 posts, read 22,578,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Obviously it is rigged. One law for us, one for the elites. Time to tear their meat house down and put some honest people in office. Maybe for the first time ever. Then limit their term so they don't have time to become corrupted.
So- you don't trust the oldest and most experienced federal law agency, the FBI? Or the integrity of our federal legal system?

Who then DO you trust more?

Are you claiming our office holders are all dishonest? If so, then how are they dishonest? In what? Do you think Congress hires our federal law enforcement officers?

Do you think the politician you plan to vote for is a crook? Or is it always someone else's political choice?

And why would you want to arbitrarily kick the honest guys out of office on the belief they are always corrupted? When is it that they corrupt? The first year, the second, or when?

I'm not being snarky here. I tend to think you haven't thought all this through very much. But if I'm wrong, then please offer some details. I don't think our system is rigged, even though it is out of balance. We have plenty of ways of self-correction that can restore the balance, but all of them require an amount of trust in our government.

If you can't trust our elected officials, then who can you trust? Harley Jim, the guy who lives in Fat Bob's basement?

Old 07-06-2016, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
It's not rigged, it just proves that way too many voters have ZERO integrity. They will allow politicians get away with anything as long as that D or R follows a name.
I don't know about that. Look at Nixon. They investigated him and never did they say he was guilty but charges should not be filed against him.

Old 07-06-2016, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
So- you don't trust the oldest and most experienced federal law agency, the FBI? Or the integrity of our federal legal system?

Who then DO you trust more?

Are you claiming our office holders are all dishonest? If so, then how are they dishonest? In what? Do you think Congress hires our federal law enforcement officers?

Do you think the politician you plan to vote for is a crook? Or is it always someone else's political choice?

And why would you want to arbitrarily kick the honest guys out of office on the belief they are always corrupted? When is it that they corrupt? The first year, the second, or when?

I'm not being snarky here. I tend to think you haven't thought all this through very much. But if I'm wrong, then please offer some details. I don't think our system is rigged, even though it is out of balance. We have plenty of ways of self-correction that can restore the balance, but all of them require an amount of trust in our government.

If you can't trust our elected officials, then who can you trust? Harley Jim, the guy who lives in Fat Bob's basement?

Might as well with the do nothing Congress. You do know the public has little to no trust in our elected officials don't you in many polls? Why do you think the outsider is getting more votes, the ones that get elected turn into puppets of some sort or another.

Old 07-06-2016, 12:39 AM

34,618 posts, read 21,759,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I don't know about that. Look at Nixon. They investigated him and never did they say he was guilty but charges should not be filed against him.
Nixon was going to be impeached, and he would have never been reelected. Additionally, had Ford not pardoned him, he would have most likely been criminally indicted.

It's most likely that Nixon had nothing to do with the Watergate break in. What he did was abuse his office to try and cover it up. Had he and his minions pled the 5th and destroyed the tapes, he would have most likely gotten away with it.

I'm not sure what Hilary did isn't much different in terms of outrage.

Old 07-06-2016, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Nixon was going to be impeached, and he would have never been reelected. Additionally, had Ford not pardoned him, he would have most likely been criminally indicted.

It's most likely that Nixon had nothing to do with the Watergate break in. What he did was abuse his office to try and cover it up. Had he and his minions pled the 5th and destroyed the tapes, he would have most likely gotten away with it.

I'm not sure what Hilary did isn't much different in terms of outrage.

Precisely and Hillary was on the team that went after Nixon, I see she learned how to be corrupt and get away with it.

Old 07-06-2016, 01:17 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,470,666 times
Quote:
So- you don't trust the oldest and most experienced federal law agency, the FBI?
Not any more.

Clinton was being investigated for violating 18 USC Section 793.

That statute says that it is a crime (punishable by up to ten years in prison) to intentionally -- OR through gross negligence -- put U.S. classified documents at risk.

Comey said that Clinton was "extremely reckless" in her handling of classified material.

That by itself constitutes a violation of the statute under the "gross negligence" provision.

So his failure to recommend that she be prosecuted makes no sense whatsoever -- except as an example of the system being rigged.

Then just add into the mix Bill Clinton meeting with Loretta Lynch, the FBI going hat in hand to Clinton's house to "interview" her, Clinton insiders saying that Lynch will be reappointed as attorney general if Hillary wins the election, and Obama knowing in advance that Clinton would not be charged (even though Comey denies telling anyone about his intentions), and no one but the most partisan Democrat or Clinton supporter would believe that the system isn't rigged for the Clintons in Obama's banana republic.

You have to hand it to Obama, the Clintons, Lynch and Comey.

They don't even pretend to have any integrity.

They gleefully rub their dishonesty in our faces, knowing that masses of idiot Americans will react like sheep.

Baa-aaa-aaa!

Quote:
You can probably trust him more.

At least for the time being, he isn't selling himself and his constituents to the highest bidder.

Last edited by dechatelet; 07-06-2016 at 01:29 AM..

Old 07-06-2016, 03:44 AM

89,750 posts, read 45,383,397 times
Quote:
Is that a joke? SCOTUS strikes down both states' and individuals' Constitutional rights instead of defending the Constitution as the Justices swore an oath to do. The FBI is compromised and therefore is a joke. What's to trust any more?

Old 07-06-2016, 03:48 AM

89,750 posts, read 45,383,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Not any more.

Clinton was being investigated for violating 18 USC Section 793.

That statute says that it is a crime (punishable by up to ten years in prison) to intentionally -- OR through gross negligence -- put U.S. classified documents at risk.

Comey said that Clinton was "extremely reckless" in her handling of classified material.

That by itself constitutes a violation of the statute under the "gross negligence" provision.

So his failure to recommend that she be prosecuted makes no sense whatsoever -- except as an example of the system being rigged.
I don't get it, either. If I wasn't convinced before, this does it... the U.S. has devolved into a grotesquely corrupt banana republic.

Old 07-06-2016, 04:14 AM

38,736 posts, read 26,540,295 times

Love the "But that is not what we are deciding now." line, i.e., Yeah, we know. Go suck an egg!

The arrogance is breathtaking!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies