Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 01:34 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,950,029 times

Advertisements

Renee McCain is gorgeous! Jack's a lucky guy.

...Anyways, I was a proud 'Bulworth' Republican over 20 years before the movie came out:

Bulworth:
"All we need is a voluntary, free-spirited, open-ended program of procreative racial deconstruction...
Everybody just gotta keep f***in' everybody 'til they're all the same color."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2016, 01:50 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,635,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Because the ads now show 90% of couples are bi-racial. Last time I checked, they account for about 1/2 of 1% of the population.
This is just the latest push for more multiculturalism, and Americans are not blind to it.
Now you understand.
Trump's daughter married a Jewish guy. Jeb Bush married a Hispanic woman, no? That is pushing multiculturalism too? This woman served in the military, so did Jack McCain, why two Americans got married is such an offensive thing ?

Nobody is saying everybody should date outside their race, but if somebody want to, let them be. what is the big deal? Most people marry their own kind anyway. lol

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 05-04-2016 at 02:00 PM..

Old 05-04-2016, 02:29 PM

73,050 posts, read 62,670,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Exactly. If this was an Asian woman and a white male with an Asian or white kid, this wouldn't be a topic.
It wouldn't be an issue if a White female and an Asian male were involved. Modern Family, a show involving a Hispanic/White couple doesn't get much hate. All-American Girl featured a Korean-American female seeking out White males. Not much hate. Let it be a Black male and any non-Black female, alot more hate. In fact, this discussion took place on a thread complaining about non-Black females having children with Black males.

Old 05-04-2016, 03:29 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,126,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
blacks make up only 15% of our population. but they appear in all sorts of ads and TV shows. are you PO'd about it? unfreaking believable find a new hobby. knitting perhaps.
It doesn't affect me, but I'm glad you see my point. Oh and don't pretend to be offended!

Old 05-04-2016, 03:30 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,126,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Trump's daughter married a Jewish guy. Jeb Bush married a Hispanic woman, no? That is pushing multiculturalism too? This woman served in the military, so did Jack McCain, why two Americans got married is such an offensive thing ?

Nobody is saying everybody should date outside their race, but if somebody want to, let them be. what is the big deal? Most people marry their own kind anyway. lol
Exactly.

Old 05-04-2016, 03:38 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,768,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yanno what, you can't fight city hall....and they are exactly as you called it, a bunch of losers.

when I see an interracial couple, I can't help but be happy, b/c they are the parents of our next generation, and they will of course, train their kids to not be bigots about this....and the beat goes on, until one day, there will no longer be bigotry....so, cheer up, that day will come, just not in our life time....

My goodness, can you just imagine that time? It'll be awesome....
Alas. Humans are humans, and we'll undoubtedly find other ways to play "We're us and you're not."

Epidermal melanin is just about the stupidest reason for hating some other person that I can think of, though (eye color might be stupider), so, like you, I can't wait for the day when that particular reason is laughed off the stage once and for all.

Old 05-04-2016, 03:40 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,768,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
It's pretty interesting because at this point all the Presidents since after Carter have what would have once been considered mixed families- the Reagans have an African granddaughter, the first Bush have a Hispanic daughter in law, the Clintons have a Jewish son in law, and Obama is mixed. Also McCain has an Asian daughter and Romney a black grandchild. It really shows how far we have come from the days when being White & protestant were all but a prerequisite to acceptance in higher echelons.
You know, you're right! That really is encouraging!

Old 05-04-2016, 03:56 PM

46,975 posts, read 26,026,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Because the ads now show 90% of couples are bi-racial. Last time I checked, they account for about 1/2 of 1% of the population.
This is just the latest push for more multiculturalism, and Americans are not blind to it.
Now you understand.
You have cause and effect confused, there. (Well, among other things.)

Old Navy isn't selling "multiculturalism", Old Navy is is selling clothes. And their high-paid advertising professionals have found that a photogenic mixed-race couple by now carries positive connotations in Old Navy's target audience.

In other words, you're not seeing evidence of some ongoing battle for acceptance of mixed-race relationships - Old Navy commercials are a pretty solid indicator of where the mainstream is. What you're actually seeing is instead the result of a shift in the perception of mixed-race couples, and your viewpoint is the one becoming increasingly marginalized.

(Also, I think your numbers are, to put it nicely, questionable.)

Old 05-04-2016, 05:00 PM

6,232 posts, read 3,614,002 times
Jack McCain is a good-looking guy.

Old 05-04-2016, 05:05 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,635,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Jack McCain is a good-looking guy.
agreed. His wife is lovely too. But Jack Mccain looks short.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies