Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2016, 04:57 AM

491 posts, read 322,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
If Hillary is elected and moves to the center, I think she will bring almost all of the Democrats with her.

Democrats are sheep.

They're extreme left now because Obama is extreme left.

They'll be centrist if Hillary is centrist.

Democrats look for reasons to support something only AFTER they support it, not before.

The ones who support Hillary support her because "it's time for a woman" (with a D after her name), just as they supported Obama because it was "time for a black" (with a D after his name).

After that comes the "filling in the reasons" part -- just like a coloring book!
I don't think that moving to the center will be as easy as you (and especially the Clintons) are thinking. If Hillary wins, the far-left will be extremely emboldened, having won three elections in a row (and the popular vote in six out of the last seven elections). The far-left will be even more emboldened if the Democrats win in a landslide. (Of course, the reason for such a landslide will be because Trump is the GOP nominee. However, the far-left will believe what they want to believe, and claim that such a landslide was because the American people wanted to affirm the Obama agenda.) The Democratic base will also remember how much Hillary had to pander to the extreme left in order to fend off Sanders.

While Bill Clinton was able to move the center (in the 1990s) without facing much backlash from his party, things were very different back then. For one thing, this move to the center didn't occur until after the Democrats were crushed in the 1994 elections. (In fact, it is easy for some to forget the fact that Bill Clinton governed as a very liberal Democrat during his first two years in office.) The 1994 experience gave Bill Clinton the political cover to move to the center, as did the fact that many Democrats still had very vivid memories of their horrid performance in the presidential elections of the 1980s. By contrast, today's Democrats (especially the younger liberals who have little or no memory of the 1980s) are very conceited about their prospects in presidential elections, and have fallen into the delusion that demographics and the "blue wall" will guarantee Democratic victory in every presidential election from now until the end of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 05:56 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,235,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Bill can get away with doing what Trump does: telling it like it is.

That's what I love about them both.....
In a perfect world Trump would
have Bill as VP

Old 04-08-2016, 06:07 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,504,003 times
Good for Bill, maybe there's hope for the Democrats yet.

Old 04-08-2016, 06:08 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,504,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dole-McCain Republican View Post
I don't think that moving to the center will be as easy as you (and especially the Clintons) are thinking. If Hillary wins, the far-left will be extremely emboldened, having won three elections in a row (and the popular vote in six out of the last seven elections). The far-left will be even more emboldened if the Democrats win in a landslide. (Of course, the reason for such a landslide will be because Trump is the GOP nominee. However, the far-left will believe what they want to believe, and claim that such a landslide was because the American people wanted to affirm the Obama agenda.) The Democratic base will also remember how much Hillary had to pander to the extreme left in order to fend off Sanders.

While Bill Clinton was able to move the center (in the 1990s) without facing much backlash from his party, things were very different back then. For one thing, this move to the center didn't occur until after the Democrats were crushed in the 1994 elections. (In fact, it is easy for some to forget the fact that Bill Clinton governed as a very liberal Democrat during his first two years in office.) The 1994 experience gave Bill Clinton the political cover to move to the center, as did the fact that many Democrats still had very vivid memories of their horrid performance in the presidential elections of the 1980s. By contrast, today's Democrats (especially the younger liberals who have little or no memory of the 1980s) are very conceited about their prospects in presidential elections, and have fallen into the delusion that demographics and the "blue wall" will guarantee Democratic victory in every presidential election from now until the end of time.
This is why I tell right leaning folks that hate Trump to vote him anyway if he's the nominee. Another Dem win would unleash the full might of the weirdo left. The country will be a disaster.

Old 04-08-2016, 06:12 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,611,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dole-McCain Republican View Post

Agree mostly but if Hillary wins it won't be just because of Trump. Do you honestly believe Ted Cruz or Kasich could win the general election ? The problem is the party itself and the type of people that get past the filtering process.

What's a Fiscally Conservative, Socially Liberal person to do ?

Old 04-08-2016, 07:21 AM

862 posts, read 522,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
So you wouldn't do it to their faces?
See, this is what I mean when I said "as per usual".

As per usual in threads on here you refuse to address legitimate facts stated by posters and instead harp on some meaningless side detail.

I already explained that I was joking when I called them whackos. However I would have no problem face to face telling any Bernie/BLM type that there views are seriously flawed and are incompatible with how the world works in 2016.

Now for the third time, please offer a counter argument as to how I was making stuff up when I provided three examples of how the Bernie/BLM/SJW crowd attempts to shut down opinions with which they do not agree with.

Until you address that I am done with this convo.

Old 04-08-2016, 07:55 AM

79,911 posts, read 44,490,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyTwo View Post
See, this is what I mean when I said "as per usual".

As per usual in threads on here you refuse to address legitimate facts stated by posters and instead harp on some meaningless side detail.
That has been a point I've brought up many times.......if you have a point to make, make it. If your point is name calling all it does is take from your argument.

Quote:
I already explained that I was joking when I called them whackos. However I would have no problem face to face telling any Bernie/BLM type that there views are seriously flawed and are incompatible with how the world works in 2016.

Now for the third time, please offer a counter argument as to how I was making stuff up when I provided three examples of how the Bernie/BLM/SJW crowd attempts to shut down opinions with which they do not agree with.

Until you address that I am done with this convo.
You lump them all in together and forget that it was BLM that shut Bernie down earlier........hence my earlier point about how when you try and lump everything you see as bad into one group it just makes for another dismiss able point.

Old 04-08-2016, 08:33 AM

3,451 posts, read 3,932,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Police patrol black communities more heavily for one simple reason, that's where the crime is. It's not racist, it's just a fact. Look at the stats. We can argue about why that is if you want, but it doesn't change the fact.
Whatever you say lol ... I can tell you are so far and out of touch from the situation. Intra-communal violence isn't relegated to just communities of color. So please be careful when you use the term Black-on Black violence or They need to patrol black neighborhoods because thats where all the crime is .. because you are subliminally stating that people of Africana descent are inherently imbued with violent tendencies that their white counterparts "don't have". When we know that's not true

I need you to come up with something better than that rebuttal you gave.

Last edited by Staysean23; 04-08-2016 at 09:06 AM..

Old 04-08-2016, 11:45 AM

53,622 posts, read 35,358,837 times
Bill Clinton’s argument with Black Lives Matter protesters is 2016’s Sister Souljah Moment| Washington Post

Quote:
Most mainstream media outlets are covering the comments as another off-message embarrassment for his wife’s campaign, but let’s dispense once and for all with the fiction that Bill Clinton does not know what he’s doing. He knows exactly what he’s doing.
^ i agree.

Old 04-08-2016, 12:15 PM

3,941 posts, read 1,865,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
sorry bill. BLM doesn't like to hear the truth.

I agree with Bill on this issue, yet the BLM activists never talk about it and ignore the truth.

Thank you for sharing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies