Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 12:16 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,560,374 times

Advertisements

'Hamilton' Casting Call for 'Nonwhite' Actors Sparks Controversy | NBC New York

I'm all for diversity, but this goes too far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2016, 12:32 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,611,700 times
I just saw this. Imagine if someone posted "no blacks"! This country needs to hit the reset button.

Old 03-31-2016, 12:33 PM

3,451 posts, read 3,916,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
I just saw this. Imagine if someone posted "no blacks"! This country needs to hit the reset button.
Too a certain extent they do without saying lol.

Old 03-31-2016, 12:35 PM

643 posts, read 472,831 times
Sue sue sue. I am sure the left idiots do not want to believe it but white is a protected class same as black is.

Old 03-31-2016, 12:42 PM

52,692 posts, read 34,624,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staysean23 View Post
Too a certain extent they do without saying lol.
they do it without saying lol? why would they need to say lol in any case?

Old 03-31-2016, 12:55 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,965,273 times
And so it begins.

BTW, anyone go to a DMV lately? Try getting a service job in CA if you don't speak spanish. It's all immigrants or their offspring. (By that I mean non white european, yeah I know we are all immigrants, yada yada.) Although actually MY family is not immigrant, we are conquorers. We took this land at gunpoint and I'll be damed if anyone is going to take it from us.

Old 03-31-2016, 01:10 PM

29,221 posts, read 22,414,183 times
The cast is multi-racial, and was intended to be that way from the beginning.

So there are jobs for different races, but getting one is going to be just as hard for any race in the cast, not just white folks.

It's the hottest musical on Broadway, so cast replacements are going to be scarce and the competition extremely fierce for whatever few openings come up. A show like this can make a career for anyone in the cast, so those who have the job now won't be giving it up easily or for any trifling reason. I would expect only something like a severe physical injury or something as large would be the only way a new casting call would be issued for a long time to come.

Old 03-31-2016, 01:19 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,611,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post

So there are jobs for different races, but getting one is going to be just as hard for any race in the cast, not just white folks.

It's the hottest musical on Broadway, so cast replacements are going to be scarce and the competition extremely fierce for whatever few openings come up. A show like this can make a career for anyone in the cast, so those who have the job now won't be giving it up easily or for any trifling reason. I would expect only something like a severe physical injury or something as large would be the only way a new casting call would be issued for a long time to come.
So if the limitation is "not just for white folks" then why is the advertisement excluding only white folks?

Old 03-31-2016, 01:41 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,645,764 times
Quote:

It was multi-cultural but they've apparently decided they wanted to cast an all black or all minority cast in future runs of the play. Now that they've been busted, they've said all races are welcome to audition, but that's like "open door, closed mind" policy. If any white people are cast they'll be few and probably in minor roles.

Old 03-31-2016, 04:46 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,731,619 times
Quote:

They are casting the traveling shows and of course they want those casts to resemble the original as much as possible.

There are hundreds of other productions that cast a majority of white actors/singers.
Not seeing the issue here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies