Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 04:14 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,249,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Well, Everest College was accredited, too, so as long as we're talking about hypocrites, yoo-hoo Marco Rubio....

As for Trump "University," it never conferred degrees--or claimed to.

A civilian cannot put on a cop's uniform, walk around the neighborhood pretending to be a cop, and then say, "Hey, I never claim to be a cop."

Which is pretty much what Trump did. He called his thing a "University" when it was not licensed and clearly against the law. It's going to be nearly impossible for you to spin this one - when the name "Trump University" already gives it away that it's a scam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2016, 04:21 PM

37,960 posts, read 17,902,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livejack View Post
What a hypocrite to go after Trump over releasing tax returns and his involvement with Trump University, when Romney both drug his feet on releasing his taxes and has his own ties to a for profit college.

While on the campaign trail, Romney has cited Full Sail University at least twice as an example of a for-profit school using innovative ways to keep costs down. Unfortunately, when praising Full Sail, Romney fails to mention that the school has the third highest tuition in the country at an average of $42,809 a year after financial aid is applied. He also fails to mention that his super PAC has received about $240,000 just from the CEO of that school, who conveniently also doubles as co-chairman of Romney’s Florida fundraising team.

Mitt Romney

Not a Trump fan, but this is ridiculous.
No No. You have it wrong, Romneys evolving.

Old 03-05-2016, 04:29 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,643,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
61 million people voted for Romney in 2012, 47% of the popular vote.

Romney raised about $1 billion to fund his campaign. One donor, Adelson, donated $100 million.

When he lost the popular vote many held out hope that he would win the Electorial vote. Instead, Romney recieved 38%.

Obviously, Romney had a lot of supporters in 2012 and likely continues to have influence with many of them.
No one cared about Romney. They just wanted Obama out.

Old 03-05-2016, 07:58 PM

50,926 posts, read 24,432,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Still, it is ironic that a guy who was derided by so many in 2012 appears as the sane, rational and mature guy next to the current candidates being offered up. The ridiculous display by the Three Stooges on Thursday night only made Romney appear even more dignified.
Agreed.

I began respecting Romney after his well-crafted speech this week.

Old 03-05-2016, 08:06 PM

32,122 posts, read 15,112,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Romney is head and shoulders above any of the Republican candidates with the possible exception of Kasich. If he ran today, I would probably vote for him. 2012 was just not his time

And neither was 2008. He really needs to give it up and I can't imagine anyone would care what he has to say

Old 03-06-2016, 12:05 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,464,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

And neither was 2008. He really needs to give it up and I can't imagine anyone would care what he has to say

People who can't be bought by the R establishment, don't care what that loser has to say straight up!

Us voters can't be bought by those fools. Loser sure changed his tune from when he graciously accepted money from Trump in 2012. Someone they won't be able to boss around, oh the irony.

The loser really does need to give it up, he is a big loser lost to Obama, enough said.

Old 03-06-2016, 12:21 AM

19,827 posts, read 22,734,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

Romney, one elitist billionaire and 2012 Republican nominee criticizing another elitist billionaire, and the 2016 nominee. Welcome to today's Republican Party, in touch with the working man.
Ironic, isn't it?

I was surprised Romney didn't just come out and call Trump for who he really is- the modern day equivalent of P.T. Barnum.

Old 03-06-2016, 12:35 AM

952 posts, read 519,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Ironic, isn't it?

I was surprised Romney didn't just come out and call Trump for who he really is- the modern day equivalent of P.T. Barnum.
P.T. Barnum LOL!!

Old 03-06-2016, 12:39 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,639,703 times
Wonder why Romney thought he had to go public about Trump?

Old 03-06-2016, 01:33 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,451,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Wonder why Romney thought he had to go public about Trump?
Very good question and one I myself have. I'm not sure if he's hoping for a 'draft' at a brokered convention, or if it's a case that the Bush establishment failed to shoot down The Donald and now the RNC is just going down another notch in the caliber of gun they are using. They failed with nikki and sessons (I think that's how to spell that senator's name). They failed with the Fox news folks in the first debate. Need I say ANYTHING about their success in using marco?

As much as I loathe the liar dim-woman, she would chew Romney up and spit him out in any and every debate. I think his uncontested 'press conference' was the zenith of his public speaking career. Straight down from here ... as in cliff vice hill.

On man's opinion.

El Nox
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies