Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 11:49 AM

12,309 posts, read 9,826,508 times

Advertisements

I turned off that sad interview after 5 minutes max, as I couldn't stand to listen to another second of it. I couldn't believe that Trump agreed to appear given what Fox had done and all going on with his opting out of the debate. I didn't know there was a prior agreement that O'Reilly would not try to get him to attend after all. I guess maybe between that and their long time friendship is the explanation. But at this point Trump must realize that it was a big mistake nonetheless, as I felt it was all along.

All I heard was O'Reilly's obnoxious bloviating and strong arming and Trump saying very little in response or in his own defense. It was pathetic and Trump did not look good - at all. Not the portion I saw, anyway.

I'd love to see the part where O'Reilly got "owned", if that really happened. But it sure didn't in the few minutes I saw nor is it in the clip above.

Edit....I hadn't noticed the link in the OP until just now. I'll watch it and perhaps I'll see that I missed the best of the interview. I hope so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2016, 11:52 AM

684 posts, read 522,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Ah, I see. Not being a man of one's word is a scathing indictment for some, but certainly not all.

No Ray Charles you don't see... we're NOT talking about other peoples scathing indictments in this thread, we're just talking about Bill O'Rielly

If you want to talk about Trump cheating on his first wife or Bill Clinton with a plethora of women just like JFK did and other such discretion's then start a thread regarding such a topic. This is how Bill O'Rielly who is always proclaiming he is a man of his word and a stand up guy failed by not keeping his word.

Trump is Trump and I am not defending him or his past indiscretions

Old 01-28-2016, 11:55 AM

8,069 posts, read 7,037,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
What's funny is that you thought O'Reilly actually had any credibility in the first place.
I know how ridiculous.

These are the same people who claim they haven't watch Fox for years. I think O'Reilly and "Baby Trump" didn't show us anything we didn't already know.

O'Reilly is a hypocrite. He is smart enough to know when he is wrong but he still pretends he is right. He has no problem stating false facts when it fits his agenda. He is not as bad as Hannity though, from time to time he can make good points, but you should always double check his "sources"

Baby Trump is pure garbage. He is not smart, he is stupid enough to think he is always right like most dumb people do because there is nothing going on in their brains. Trump thinks he is the center of the universe.

Old 01-28-2016, 11:55 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,277,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I turned off that sad interview after 5 minutes max, as I couldn't stand to listen to another second of it. I couldn't believe that Trump agreed to appear given what Fox had done and all going on with his opting out of the debate. I didn't know there was a prior agreement that O'Reilly would not try to get him to attend after all. I guess maybe between that and their long time friendship is the explanation. But at this point Trump must realize that it was a big mistake nonetheless, as I felt it was all along.

All I heard was O'Reilly's obnoxious bloviating and strong arming and Trump saying very little in response or in his own defense. It was pathetic and Trump did not look good - at all. Not the portion I saw, anyway.

I'd love to see the part where O'Reilly got "owned", if that really happened. But it sure didn't in the few minutes I saw nor is it in the clip above.

Edit....I hadn't noticed the link in the OP until just now. I'll watch it and perhaps I'll see that I missed the best of the interview. I hope so.

Trump kept his cool.

Old 01-28-2016, 12:00 PM

34,297 posts, read 15,808,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Great analysis of Trump's fail at the "Art of the Deal"
You"re still playing checkers when the rest of the voters have moved on to chest.
Fox is filling the channel with nothing but Trump. He is getting more press and air time by not attending then he would get by being at the debate.
Who is asking or begging Rubio, Kruz, Jeb, and all the rest to explain their attendance or lack of it. How much air time did Paul get when he boycotted the last debate ? Did anyone offer Paul millions to debate them ? No, no they didn't.
Trump is running a brilliant campaign where people don't know what he's doing or how to respond to it.
Trump is the real deal and art is an acquired taste.

Old 01-28-2016, 12:09 PM

6,274 posts, read 5,118,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
You"re still playing checkers when the rest of the voters have moved on to chest.
Fox is filling the channel with nothing but Trump. He is getting more press and air time by not attending then he would get by being at the debate.
Who is asking or begging Rubio, Kruz, Jeb, and all the rest to explain their attendance or lack of it. How much air time did Paul get when he boycotted the last debate ?
Trump is running a brilliant campaign where people don't know what he's doing or how to respond to it.
Trump is the real deal and art is an acquired taste.
Have to agree with you on the bolded. He has successfully sucked all of the oxygen out of the room. Other candidates who may have had a better chance if Trump was not in, are falling by the wayside. Any other election cycle and some of them may have be able to make a real go at it. The media has no idea how to respond to Trump. Politicians have no idea how to respond to Trump. Pundits and anti-Trump people have no idea how to respond to Trump. They keep using what has worked successfully in the past and taking their best shots, to no avail.

I keep gradually (with ever stupid tweet and every photo-shopped picture) leaning further and further away from Trump, but I have to give him credit on how he is playing this election cycle. It IS brilliant. And I have to respect that.

Old 01-28-2016, 12:11 PM

8,922 posts, read 5,691,201 times
Fox is used to calling the shots. Fox loves the additional money these debates bring in for commercials. I am glad Trump is standing up to them.....

Old 01-28-2016, 12:12 PM

15,671 posts, read 10,692,341 times
"No Bill you gave Trump your word as a man that you would not ask him to participate in the debate or bring it up and you went back on your word. Trump can be boisterous all day long and people either love him or hate him but you stooped to the level of trickery, dishonesty, and pettiness just to pacify your puppet masters at Fox News."

It's looking more and more like FOX had quite a little ambush planned for Mr. Trump. The fact that O'Reilly was trying to do his part doesn't surprise me.

Old 01-28-2016, 12:15 PM

35,920 posts, read 21,371,900 times
they all made out the same cloth but don't like the finger pointing on themselves-- to each, taste of own medicine -- I watched a good movie- not watching children play on Fox- these are becoming teen brawls by grown people all of it disgusting and embarrassing around the globe.

Old 01-28-2016, 12:17 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,738,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Lurker View Post
Bill O'Reilly could have let Trump leave the show and then after a commercial break then disclosed the fact that he had Trump on and they had an agreement that Bill would not ask the question or bring up the debate. Then Bill could have gone on to explain that he is a man of his word on not asking but totally felt Trump was out of line for not allowing such a question and then brow beat Trump for it. Then Bill could have publicly invited Trump back for another show where there were no up front agreements and Bill would have walked away looking much more professional and honorable, but he totally blew it IMHO
If O'Reilly had done what you suggest above, y'all would have been all over him for unfairly discussing trump without trump being there to defend himself. Clearly, the guy can't win with you, because he is -gasp!- a member of the media, and you all are convinced the the media is out to destroy trump.

According to your view of things, trump can do no wrong, no matter what, because he says what you are thinking, right? And, all the media, all the time, are out to get him for it. Gawd, I just wish the media who hates him sooooo much would just quit covering him. Totally. Not another minute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies