Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 06:14 AM

30,238 posts, read 18,805,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post

Facts are so "racist".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2015, 06:22 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,214,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
I'm not.

Of course the question is why are there so many guns in places where there are no gun manufacturers? Who or what is flooding the African American community with guns?

The same ones who are flooding my community with them where I would have too estimate about 90% of households will have at least one gun. You can walk down the street with a weapon here, you can obtain a new one in about 40 minutes including the 15 minute drive each way. You can also shoot them on your property, gun shots are not common but aren't out of the ordinary either.

Despite this all this gun activity there is no gun crime, there is very little crime at all....

Old 12-23-2015, 06:26 AM

26,667 posts, read 15,225,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You shouldnt use the word lie so freely when no one has ever proven a F&F gun was used to kill any American.

You also shouldnt use an ipso facto argument, which is what Politifact did. If you shut down a restaurant for a year, and then reopen it under another name in the exact same location do you claim it is a new restaurant. The answer is obviously no, and yet that is what both you and politifact are arguing.
No.

Obama point blank lied.

"I think it’s important for us to understand that the Fast and Furious program was a field-initiated program begun under the previous administration," -Obama

This is a lie. Fast and Furious did not begin under Bush, it began under Obama. Wide Receiver, a different program began under Bush and was ended under Bush.

"When (Attorney General) Eric Holder found out about it, he discontinued it." -Obama

This is a lie. Eric Holder knew about Fast and Furious from its inception, so he did not discontinue it when he found out about it.

Bush had a similar, yet different program that was discontinued in 2007 for being a threat to the public safety. Obama had a larger and different, but similar program started in October of 2009.

Be a man, use your brain and break the chains that enslave your mind to a party. When you excuse lies and failures from politicians simply because they are on your "team" we all fail. You fail too. Our government is failing us, because people like you enslave your minds to them. Don't be a sheep anymore, don't accept lies and failures.

Barack Obama said 'Fast and Furious' began under the Bush administration | PolitiFact Florida

Why does Obama ever have to tell the truth or be accountable? He knows you'll be there to lie for him.

Old 12-23-2015, 07:59 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,712,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Many people only want talk about Black men committing murders. Because of that, I often ask "what is your point in bringing this up"? I look at it like this. If it is hurting anyone who isn't Black, then people will get up in arms about it. However, if Blacks, especially males, are suffering the worst, then that factor gets ignored.
White people aren't telling the black community "snitches get stitches". White people aren't saying "don't issue harsh sentences on people who use guns during criminal acts". White people aren't saying "F the police". White people aren't saying "have kids out of wedlock". White people aren't saying "drop out of school". White people aren't saying "sell crack in your neighborhood".

Most issues that plague the black community are issues that will need to be dealt with by the black community.

Old 12-23-2015, 08:01 AM

73,123 posts, read 62,944,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
White people aren't telling the black community "snitches get stitches". White people aren't saying "don't issue harsh sentences on people who use guns during criminal acts". White people aren't saying "F the police". White people aren't saying "have kids out of wedlock". White people aren't saying "drop out of school". White people aren't saying "sell crack in your neighborhood".

Most issues that plague the black community are issues that will need to be dealt with by the black community.
I never said White people were doing this. Did I once blame White people for Black men being murdered by other Black men? Name one time. I was talking about the fact that the only reason this kind of stuff is brought up is with the intent to complain about Black people.

Old 12-23-2015, 10:33 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,712,188 times
Quote:
I never said White people were doing this. Did I once blame White people for Black men being murdered by other Black men? Name one time. I was talking about the fact that the only reason this kind of stuff is brought up is with the intent to complain about Black people.
What I'm saying is that it's not a big issue for white people, because white people aren't to blame and essentially have no power to do anything about a cultural issue in black neighborhoods.

Old 12-23-2015, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
What I'm saying is that it's not a big issue for white people, because white people aren't to blame and essentially have no power to do anything about a cultural issue in black neighborhoods.
Well, this had nothing to do with that I was saying. You were going off topic. I was talking about people only bringing this up because they want to complain about Black people. I bring up the fact that with alot of Black perpetrators, the victims are mostly Black. I never once mentioned White people, so I don't think bringing that up was a good idea.

Old 12-23-2015, 10:45 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,978,752 times
This data, along with the annual FBI Uniform Crime Report, suggests that we don't need more gun control. What we evidently need is more or better black male control.

One of the things that I find most interesting is how long the American public will continue to believe that "we are all the same, only with different skin color" despite virtually all of the empirical evidence suggesting otherwise.

Quote:
I was talking about people only bringing this up because they want to complain about Black people.
Considering that gun control legislation effectively punishes white people for illegal activities largely committed by black people, I think it is fair of white people to complain.

White people don't complain about black people simply for being black. White people complain about black peoples' actions.

Old 12-23-2015, 10:56 AM

12,391 posts, read 7,127,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
This data, along with the annual FBI Uniform Crime Report, suggests that we don't need more gun control. What we evidently need is more or better black male control.

One of the things that I find most interesting is how long the American public will continue to believe that "we are all the same, only with different skin color" despite virtually all of the empirical evidence suggesting otherwise.

Considering that gun control legislation effectively punishes white people for illegal activities largely committed by black people, I think it is fair of white people to complain.

White people don't complain about black people simply for being black. White people complain about black peoples' actions.
The evidence makes a lot of people uncomfortable, as it contradicts their beliefs.

It's true that all humans are born equal, however, we almost immediately begin to separate and distinguish ourselves. People cannot be equals when we all live such different lives. As I've said, that truth makes many people uncomfortable.

Old 12-23-2015, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post

We've had "Black male control". We call it slavery, Jim Crow. It didn't stop Black men from becoming murder victims. All it did was emasculate Black men. Did you know that during slavery, it was illegal for a Black man to legally own a gun? This whole "we need to control the Black male" is as old as this nation itself. I don't buy it for a moment.

I personally don't care why anyone complains. Last I checked, Blacks who obey the law are subjected to those very same gun laws. Guess who gets murdered more than anyone else? Black males? If anyone needs to be able to defend themselves, based on the data, it is Black males, as they are the most likely to BE murder victims. But I don't see that mentioned.

And something else. If you break down the perps who commit murder, I notice this. None of them come from stable, two-parent homes. Most are often illegitimate children born to single mothers. Many don't know who their fathers are. Sounds like years of emasculation have basically done Black men no favor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies