Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 04:41 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,101,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Treason is a crime!
Yes, it is. But disagreeing with the president's policies does not rise to the level of treason, no matter how much you wish it did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2015, 04:44 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,861,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yes, it is. But disagreeing with the president's policies does not rise to the level of treason, no matter how much you wish it did.

It has nothing to do with my not agreeing with him, it has to do with him putting Islamists interests before America's safety!

Old 11-20-2015, 04:44 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,526,785 times
Waldo, you can't argue with the crazy people here. Best to put them on ignore so they don't exist.

The left hates religion except when it comes to their muslim masters.

Old 11-20-2015, 04:46 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,206,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd Ball View Post
But Harry Reid said it won't get past the 60 vote margin in the Senate when it is brought up in December. It's dead.
Not necessarily. They can always compromise. Republicans can agree to support Warren's SAVE Bill in exchange for cancelling funding for Syrian "refugees."

Old 11-20-2015, 04:47 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,101,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
It has nothing to do with my not agreeing with him, it has to do with him putting Islamists interests before America's safety!
Sorry, you can't invent charges, either, no matter how much you wish you could.

But hey, you go ahead and propose that he be impeached for treason. I'm sure you'll have many conservatives backing you up. Democrats would love nothing more than to see this Congress take that route. Please, do! Go for it!

Old 11-20-2015, 04:54 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,381,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd Ball View Post
But Harry Reid said it won't get past the 60 vote margin in the Senate when it is brought up in December. It's dead.

Well...so much for Thread Title Claims of "Veto-Proof" Majority LOL It hasn't even gone before the Senate yet..not until NEXT WEEK!

BTW~~ Senate would need more than those 60 votes to make it veto proof too! I'll look that number up tho to be sure of that number~~ so it's 2/3rds which would be 66/67 votes

then of course House would require~~ 289 or so

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veto
Quote:
If the Congress overrides the veto by a two-thirds majority in each house, it becomes law without the President's signature. Otherwise, the bill fails to become law unless it is presented to the President again and he or she chooses to sign it. Historically, the Congress overrides the Presidential veto less than 10% of the time.[12]
But I wouldn't bet this bill getting out of the Senate at all!! They would need over a dozen Dem's to get that "VetoProof" status!

Old 11-20-2015, 04:55 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,666,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
No it won't. Harry Reid's greatest talent is keeping the democrats in line. It's what makes him such a brutally effective party leader. He is able to use parliamentary rules flawlessly because he can always count on his party to vote as they are told to.
Wow, he sounds like Putin!

Don't you cons just admire him?

Old 11-20-2015, 05:07 PM

7,006 posts, read 7,003,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You know what's funny? There's another thread on C-D that asks the question, are the men fleeing ISIS cowards? And all the Conservatives on that thread are saying yes, they are.

But all those same Conservatives are terrified of a few refugees. There's your cowards.
10,000 unvetted refugees is not exactly 'a few'. And I'll bet none of these refugees will be settled anywhere near where rich white liberals live, the same ones who demand that we blindly accept all comers. (classic NIMBY-ism).

Conservatives are not terrified of real refugees (you know, the elderly, women, children), they're concerned about the number of terrorists (usually males under the age of 30) coming into this country (unvetted) under the guise of refugee status. It's the perfect Trojan Horse.

75 percent of Syrian refugees are men

This stat alone ought to make people stop and think before we allow these 'refugees' in to our countries.

And I ask again, why aren't the rich Arab gulf nations taking in any of these poor displaced Muslim refugees?

Old 11-20-2015, 05:58 PM

24,449 posts, read 23,127,133 times
Who says Congress can NEVER do anything right. This may not mean much and is self serving grandstanding, but at least the sentiment is sound. Obama can say " No, No,No ." all he wants. He's a simpleton, who cares what he thinks.

Old 11-20-2015, 08:42 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,354,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
10,000 unvetted refugees is not exactly 'a few'. And I'll bet none of these refugees will be settled anywhere near where rich white liberals live, the same ones who demand that we blindly accept all comers. (classic NIMBY-ism).

Conservatives are not terrified of real refugees (you know, the elderly, women, children), they're concerned about the number of terrorists (usually males under the age of 30) coming into this country (unvetted) under the guise of refugee status. It's the perfect Trojan Horse.

75 percent of Syrian refugees are men

This stat alone ought to make people stop and think before we allow these 'refugees' in to our countries.

And I ask again, why aren't the rich Arab gulf nations taking in any of these poor displaced Muslim refugees?
1. Those going to Europe are just going, and not going through any screening process.
Big F'ing Difference to 18 months in a camp, with a extensive screening process.

Q&A: How Does the Syrian Refugee Screening Process Work? - Washington Wire - WSJ

2. The 75% had nothing to do with those in refugee camps, which those to the US would come from - that figure was sea arrivals to Europe.

A typical Syrian Refugee Camp Population;
MALE-----AGE-------- FEMALE
10.1%---0 - 4------- 9.5%
11.6%---5 - 11------ 10.9%
7.4%----12 - 17----- 7%
19.8%---18 - 59 ----21.1%
1.1% 60 + 1.6%

Syria Regional Refugee Response - Jordan - Mafraq Governorate - Zaatari Refugee Camp

Last edited by plannine; 11-20-2015 at 08:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies