Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 07:30 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,839,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
No need to prove what already exists.

Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence

Then order one. I think the first couple of posters would be happy to reimburse you for it as soon as it arrives on your doorstep. Hell, I'll pay you back for it.

Or, should I and others, tell you what that nifty article isn't telling you?

Gunbroker might be like the eBay for guns, but they don't ship to your door. Period. Read through the ads. Read through GB's terms of service. Notice that all of them require you to complete the transaction through an FFL. I hate to burst your bubble, but UPS and FedEx aren't FFLs.

Thanks for playing. Or, better yet, buy one and prove us all wrong. This is an open challenge. Just remember, it has to be a legal transaction.

Added: Why don't you go and look up what it takes to even SHIP a gun through UPS and FedEx.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2015, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I can't speak for all states but in mine you can not have a gun delivered to your home address unless you are an FFL.
You also can not ship to an address of anyone but an FFL.
If it is a handgun, even if it is shipped to an FFL you must pass a background check before the gun is handed over to you.
Even a long gun shipped to an FFL requires the 4473. Handguns can require additional criteria to be satisfied.

I guess we've got strike one.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:33 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,887,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
Then order one. I think the first couple of posters would be happy to reimburse you for it as soon as it arrives on your doorstep.

Or, should I and others, tell you what that nifty article isn't telling you?

Gunbroker might be like the eBay for guns, but they don't ship to your door. Period. Read through the ads. Read through GB's terms of service. Notice that all of them require you to complete the transaction through an FFL. I hate to burst your bubble, but UPS and FedEx aren't FFLs.

Thanks for playing. Or, better yet, buy one and prove us all wrong. This is an open challenge. Just remember, it has to be a legal transaction.

Added: Why don't you go and look up what it takes to even SHIP a gun through UPS and FedEx.
Facts can be painful.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Facts can be painful.
So much for that talking point, right?

I figure 5 days for the first guns showing up should be sufficient. Agree?

Old 11-17-2015, 07:37 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,887,910 times
Quote:
So much for that talking point, right?

I figure 5 days for the first guns showing up should be sufficient. Agree?
5 days is generous. LOL

Old 11-17-2015, 07:41 PM

FOR THOSE WHO DON'T BOTHER TO READ

GunBroker.com Help Center
Related Links

Search our Knowledge Base

• Enter a help topic or phrase:
    Does not search items.

FFL License Verification

(last updated on 10/1/2015)
Only ship firearms to the mailing address shown for the FFL license as displayed on the EZ-Check verification web page.
Do not ship firearms to any other address provided by the person who provided you with the FFL number. Federal ATF law requires that you only ship to the address listed on the FFL license and no other address. We recommend that you use the EZ-Check verification, even if the buyer provides you with a certified copy of their FFL license. The information on the EZ-Check verification is always accurate and you should contact the ATF if the certified FFL copy does not match the EZ-Check web site verification.
You must still have at least a faxed copy of the certified FFL license, the EZ-Check web page is for viewing and double-checking that the FFL license information is correct.
The ATF now accepts a faxed copy of a Federal Firearms license as proof of authenticity for verification. This should help to make online firearm transactions easier and less confusing than before. A copy of the ATF newsletter detailing this policy change can be viewed by clicking this link: https://www.atf.gov/file/56426/download
Please note that the ATF (and GunBroker.com) recommend that you use the online FFL EZ Check system to verify the validity of the faxed license prior to shipping an item. The shipping address must match the address shown by the online ATF FFL EZ Check system as the mailing address for the FFL license.
The online FFL EZ Check can be used by clicking the following link: https://www.atfonline.go

Old 11-17-2015, 07:45 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,437,330 times
Quote:
I'd like to challenge anyone out there, aside from those with FFLs or C&R, etc., to purchase a firearm online, black powder and air excluded, a bonafide firearm, to get one legally delivered to their home via online sale.

I hope this challenge will put this online gun purchasing thing to rest.

However, should you manage to pull it off, let us know. Sales receipts and shipping labels along with pictures would be sufficient proof to satisfy me that it can be done legally.

Let's see what comes about.

I really thought you could order a gun online in the States. This isn't true?

You can in Canada.

edit: nevermind. That makes sense now since I have to provide a PAL number. Same thing as an FFL.

I see what you're doing now. Carry on. lol

Old 11-17-2015, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
I really thought you could order a gun online in the States. This isn't true?

You can in Canada.

edit: nevermind. That makes sense now since I have to provide a PAL number. Same thing as an FFL.

You can order a gun online in the US. Unlike your local pizza joint, it doesn't come to your door. You have to go to a FFL (Federal Firearms License) dealer to pick it up, where you fill out the 4473 form and go through the NICS check. You may leave in a few minutes, or it could take up to 3 days to take your new firearm home. We are not in the days of Sears & Roebuck drop-shipping .22s.

This is just some misguided garbage by anti-gunners who don't have the foggiest idea what they are talking about. However, it seems to come up in thread after thread, so I am here challenging someone to buy a firearm online and have it delivered to their house, legally. Again, black powder and air guns excluded.

And, you get it.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:52 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,920,547 times
Quote:
I'd like to challenge anyone out there, aside from those with FFLs or C&R, etc., to purchase a firearm online, black powder and air excluded, a bonafide firearm, to get one legally delivered to their home via online sale.

I hope this challenge will put this online gun purchasing thing to rest.

However, should you manage to pull it off, let us know. Sales receipts and shipping labels along with pictures would be sufficient proof to satisfy me that it can be done legally.

Let's see what comes about.
LOL do you work for the NRA or gun manufacturers? Nice attempt to pump even more guns into America

Old 11-17-2015, 08:00 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,062,846 times
Great thread!

Facts are like kryptonite to gun grabbing lefties!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies