Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Things to do before the end
Call a friend and watch Seinfeld episodes 1 14.29%
Collect all the food you can and move to a cave with your friends 2 28.57%
Get high for the first time and decide to create some art 1 14.29%
Search out your birth mother cause you never knew her 0 0%
Stay on Facebook till the very end and talk about how fast the water is coming up 0 0%
Go outside and speak to the sparrows, and maybe say a prayer,''God make me a bird.'' 0 0%
I don't know, maybe you want to play xbox till the end comes, good move 1 14.29%
Tell your friends and family you love them, and then go and build a tent in a park and put up a sign 1 14.29%
Hmm, Maybe you shouldf put an ad in the paper for an end of the world partner. 0 0%
Tell that person you love them finally and after they have rejected you, do something big like build a Costner sailboat and be king of waterworld. 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 11:07 AM

23,164 posts, read 10,455,314 times

Advertisements

God forbid that somebody should make a movie about 2050 and not show risen oceans and complete destruction from man made global warming. It's not like a movie is real or anything, but the gullibility of the common voter will actually believe there is a face on mars and it's an abandoned alien spacecraft. Everything we have to watch nowadays has global warming in it somewhere like slowly and effectively brain washing people to vote for phychos like Hilary Clinton or Al Gore or some freak making millions of dollars in predicting doom, and they get paid from all sides with Hollywood making movies for them as if man made global warming and the destruction of the earth is common knowledge and now I hear word about putting people in jail or something if they try and deny man made global warming.

It's like the whole world is in a view to a kill, Maybe Hilary is sitting around thinking the end will come before she is shamed. Liberals sitting around talking about the new movies coming out,'' WaterWorld 2050.''

I think if Greenland had a big volcano that melted all it's ice and the oceans rose, people would be throwing parties, so happy.

They would all be saying,'' SEE, Told ya so.''

Then you got some congressman or somebody blaming tornadoes on republicans, the world is ending and it's republicans fault, you can't make this stuff up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2015, 11:27 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
The Conservative equivalent of this is Starbucks removing the words "Merry Christmas" from their coffee cups.

Old 11-10-2015, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
The Conservative equivalent of this is Starbucks removing the words "Merry Christmas" from their coffee cups.
I keep seeing that in the news but it hasn't interested me enough to actually read the story, it looks like a none story, stupid.

Christmas is about Tammuz, let's keep Tammuz in Christmas.

Old 11-10-2015, 12:23 PM

899 posts, read 1,015,719 times
I do believe that climate change is at least partially man made, but I also believe that the government will completely ignore car enthusiasts when it comes to cars and the envrionment.

Old 11-10-2015, 12:37 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Didn't you see WaterWorld man?
Yes i did. Why, do conservatives sit around fantasizing about drinking Kevin Costner's urine?

Old 11-10-2015, 12:48 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Didn't you see WaterWorld man?

Haven't you seen all these movies showing the earth covered in water man? LOL, where you been man? C'mon dude, you know Al Gore ran around taking jet to jet all over the world saying we would be dead by 2015. Predictions of complete collapse, apocalypse this and that, hell, the zombies aint even came yet dude.

Act like you don't know what I am talking about, today an earthquake will shake your house.
I saw Star Wars too, but still don't believe in Darth Vader.

So the entire premise of your rediculous rant is that "somebody made a movie about it, so liberals (and only liberals) all catagorically believe it to be true? If you look at the post you quoted in your response above, this is what most reasonable people are thinking. Most are not predicting the end of the world on a specific day, year, or even century. Just that things are headed in a direction, and while we might (probably) can't stop it, we can be responsible and try our best not to contribute to it more than needed.

As a fiscal conservative, I find that most of the things being proposed to curb AGW are long-run good ideas that will save money over a longer span of time.

...and one prediction (among many) that is coming true is that solar is now viable and affordable.

(I am also in favor of pipelines, fracking in some cases, and am understanding that our standard of living is tied to carbon-based fuel for the foreseeable future. I want to change that over time.)

Old 11-10-2015, 12:58 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
God forbid that somebody should make a movie about 2050 and not show risen oceans and complete destruction from man made global warming.
MOST of the movies I've seen about the future fail to show "risen oceans and complete distruction from MMGW".

Your post should say: God forbid a fiction movie should show anything, and some RWNJ miss the chance to grab it by the coat-tails and ride it into their agenda.

Old 11-10-2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I saw Star Wars too, but still don't believe in Darth Vader.

So the entire premise of your rediculous rant is that "somebody made a movie about it, so liberals (and only liberals) all catagorically believe it to be true? If you look at the post you quoted in your response above, this is what most reasonable people are thinking. Most are not predicting the end of the world on a specific day, year, or even century. Just that things are headed in a direction, and while we might (probably) can't stop it, we can be responsible and try our best not to contribute to it more than needed.

As a fiscal conservative, I find that most of the things being proposed to curb AGW are long-run good ideas that will save money over a longer span of time.

...and one prediction (among many) that is coming true is that solar is now viable and affordable.

(I am also in favor of pipelines, fracking in some cases, and am understanding that our standard of living is tied to carbon-based fuel for the foreseeable future. I want to change that over time.)
You are the devil!

FRACKING?

Why don't we just start a chain of earthquakes going that never ends? O yeah, we already did that. Earthquakes everyday in Oklahoma reaching down into Texas even, over fracking and you think this is a good idea when it ruins a water supply?

I think people in the fracking business should go to prison for crimes against the earth that is going to effect all of us.

LOL, But you assume me to be ridicurous?

I am really trying, meh, just bored trying to get a laugh but yeah, doesn't everyone know that Hollywood is chuck full of people with agendas when they make those movies. A freaking actor should be the lowest rung on Earth, the lowest form of having a job and then they get all that money and decide it's up to them to change the world and they believe all the crap the biased media and Hollywood tell them. It's looking at how ridiculous Matt Damon and his buddy are when they are always up their thinking they are supergods talking to congress about them saving the world and all of them are crazy as heck, all of them taking jets to tell people about man made global warming and it is sickening to watch. I can't even go to the movies anymore after all these bozos decide that it's their job to open their mouth about their little pet project as if we should praise them and their trillion dollar houses and cars and beaches.

What the heck is wrong with these stupid actors? Their job is to pretend to be somebody else and then they go and open their stupid mouth and you can't watch their movies cause you can't forget what stupid thing they said in public about how they are the messiah to change the world.

Hollywood does change the earth, it does form perspectives and ideas within a person until that person is as useless as a college professor nowadays, is there a single college professor who isn't anti-American, or who isn't retarded?

Pay no attention, just irritates me, freaking Hollywood and their stupid movies trying to make a change in the world.

To see the bias in so many movies, yeah, it's irritating.

Old 11-11-2015, 05:43 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Life on earth has been wiped out several times over, just not for the current crop of man. What would be the worst "End of the World" for them? No more social services?

What is a Doseki?

for 95%+ of Americans, the federal government falling on their faces.

Old 11-11-2015, 06:23 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Do Liberals Sit Around And Say,'' Wow, This Is The Worst End Of The World Ever?''

I've never sat around saying that but I have sat around saying this may be one of the silliest polls ever.

Last edited by burdell; 11-11-2015 at 06:48 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies