Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 08:02 AM

2,851 posts, read 3,491,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
Sounds like the commentary from a bonifide Republican... who forgot to include, our current mess is still the results of 8 yrs of Bush, destablizing the middle east and destroying the function of the American Economy, and costing us debt that is still being tabulated on a daily basis from things done during the Administration of Bush. I guess that simply slipped the mind to include in the list of things posted.
So your entire ranting should just be settled as blame Bush syndrome". Gotcha.

You should be able to accept criticism for both sides when your point was originally about politicians who aren't able to properly represent their constituency. Instead you fling it back to the right side of the isle.

Old 11-09-2015, 08:13 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,257,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Why haven't YOU run for office so YOU can represent YOUR constituents they way YOU think they should be represented.

Whining and crying does NOT solve any problem.

If YOU are NOT part of the solution then YOU are PART of the problem.

One thing I'd do is, RE-PRIORITIZE WHAT IS NATIONAL SECURITY ITEMS AND CONCERNS:

That alone will force politicians to line up and be identified as to who is for the growth and stability of American and its people, and who are the ones for Greed and Avarice to continue to erode and destroy our nation and desicimate our populations into destitute realities.

No more companies can destroy other by over leveraging themselves, with excessive debt, that at the same time, destroys 1,000's and 10's of thousands of jobs. STERN Regulatory Management will be enforced upon what is a Merger and what is an Acquisition. If it does not fit the model of improving stability and protecting the American people, then it simply won't get past the regulatory system to be completed.
Any American Company that has more than 40% of its products made on foreign soil, will pay a duty on anything and everything over that 40% which they try to bring into the country. They will not be allowed to send it to Mexico for such things as 'sewing on a button', to try and skirt the issue and pretend its a product of Mexico. We simply tighten up the control, and tighten up the % of imports, and above those % we impose duty. Then the so called "Free market will work within its perimiters"... anything outside of the perimiters will not be part of the free market trade and will be subject to duty and penalty, as it relates to volumes.

When it comes to American Labor, It would be a massive support for Collective Bargaining, to ensure people earn a living wage, in a society which claims to have 'living standards" as its claim to being an advanced nation.

Every American of legal age and legal standing will vote, or they will not have their drivers license renewed without a voting sticker they receive when they vote. if they don't have a drivers license, then their income tax return will be held until the sticker is affixed to it.

There are ways to make people become "responsible", because responsibility is the first order of what creates and supports what is Freedoms. One will never have more freedoms than their responsibility provides.. and that is: a principal truth within life.

There would be a Civic Corp, because no young person will be left in idleness, either choose university, tech, vocational or some program, including the options of military, or attend the Civic Corp.

Again, Building a Responsible Society requires making Responsible Choices. This delusion of Freedom meaning do anything you please any way you please is a myth and a fallacy.

The only things that survives is a responsible society, that is the basic recipe for longevity of a Nation.

Old 11-09-2015, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletZ06 View Post
So your entire ranting should just be settled as blame Bush syndrome". Gotcha.

You should be able to accept criticism for both sides when your point was originally about politicians who aren't able to properly represent their constituency. Instead you fling it back to the right side of the isle.
I pointed commentary in direct reflection of the comment which the commentary was in response to, please read with perspective.

Old 11-09-2015, 08:25 AM

When it comes to Democrats, I'm all in support of Democrat and liberal policies concerned with HELPING PEOPLE as citizens of this nation.

BUT, I also object to Democrats or Republican, just giving away stuff without a plan and a program of accountablity, and a means to drive people to perform toward self sustainibility.

(That can't happen when the Industry has been descimated, by the acts and non acts of both Republican and Democrats)

But, to address the Democratic aims to have and support programs, I am all for their positive concern for the people of this nation, I am also for the fact, it must be done with a program design to get people to levels of stability. Not one of life long dependency. Except for the infirmed, disabled, the senior citizens. I don't care if its Republican or Democrats, I will not support either one that is trying to make life long support for healthy people, but I will support either, who has a program which is designed respectfully to help and lead and drive people to self sustainability.

I'm certainly not in any ways in support of the flavor and tonality of Antebellum Confederate Mentality or its Ideology, of which exist in a great part of the Republican Ranks, and within the Tea Party Ranks. As we will never as a nation go back to Antebellum Ideology, nor will we return to any of the "Georgian Style, George Wallace and Bull Conner" mentality. So that era is gone, it will not be returning upon American Soil.

I don't support any aim or claim within society of it being dictated and directed by a single white ethnic group, I don't support nor endorse any concept of white superiority, or any of such crap. Nor do I support a society where whites expect or think they can dictate how others live as if everyone is expected to model themselves based on some white standards of ethic operandi. That era is long gone.

Life is simple, we have a basic of ethic's, we have laws, regulatory process, and governance which manages the laws and regulatory systems, among the other function the government engages.
I have absolutely no regard for the "Anti Government types". If they don't like the American Government, then they are free to pack their bags and go to any ungoverned location on the planet. But if they live in American, either respect the governance, or suffer the consequences of being a traitor or one/group who is trying to usurp the governance of this nation. Charges can ranges from Treason to any and every form of subversion. All of which can and should have their rights to citizenship revoked, then they are at the mercy of the world as to which nation will allow them to enter their lands. That's how serious the realism is. Guaranteed if they take that madness to any other nations, they will find themselves imprisoned or facing a firing squad in a very short span of time.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 11-09-2015 at 08:45 AM..

Old 11-10-2015, 06:18 AM

59,543 posts, read 27,874,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I'm sorry you think govt is part of any solution
Why don't you list off a few of its successes?
I am sorry you did NOT read the opening post BEFORE making a fool out of yourself.

Hint, it IS about politics AND THE GOVERNMENT.

"I'm sorry you think govt is part of any solution.
Why don't you list off a few of its successes?"

I NEVER implied such a thin.

I'm sorry for you for jumping to ridiculous conclusions based on a simple posting.

Being you are so smart and you hate government so much, what are YOUR solutions?

Old 11-10-2015, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
NO! We don't need anymore like the OP running for office!
On THAT, I can agree with you.

Old 11-10-2015, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
If you have aversion to looking at aspects that impact our society, you are welcome to do so. I choose not to dis-acknowledge what is overtly evident and I choose to discuss it.
You are free to discuss anything you wish and I NEVER said you couldn't or shouldn't.

It is OK to complain about your own politicians but, if YOU don't do something about them through the ballot box or by running yourself, you are just whining.

If that is what you want to do, go for it but, don't expect any sympathy.

All the whining in the world is NOT going to change a thing

Old 11-11-2015, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
You are free to discuss anything you wish and I NEVER said you couldn't or shouldn't.

It is OK to complain about your own politicians but, if YOU don't do something about them through the ballot box or by running yourself, you are just whining.

If that is what you want to do, go for it but, don't expect any sympathy.

All the whining in the world is NOT going to change a thing
I VOTE, have been doing so since I turned 18, I also write to Politicians to address concerns, I engage discussion with people I know, about politics and voting responsibly. I'm discussing it here also, So the concept doing nothing does not apply here.

Have you even opened discussion in (any) fourm, including this one or any other place, or just complain about others who do?

Old 11-11-2015, 05:49 AM

773 posts, read 795,556 times
To answer the question you posed in the title, politicians are not ignorant, at least in regards to how they play the electorate. They know exactly what they are doing. Yell, "FIRE!" in a crowded room and pick the pockets of the panicked.

Old 11-11-2015, 06:03 AM

38,797 posts, read 26,623,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
the electorate is the rate limiting step, their choices simply reflect their competence. Their representatives are only diagnostic of the larger problem. Who in their right mind would re-elect a pol who tells them they didn't read or understand complex legislation but passed it anyway with the advice to the voters that 'we have to pass it to find out what is in it'?

Who would elect a harry reid who lied about Mitt to sway and election?

Whowould re-elect hamk Johnson!!!!!!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cesS...layer_embedded

Who would elect a guy who promised you can keep your doctor.period!?

Who would elect someone who claimed they were under sniper fire, said a video caused the attack on the embassy and said she was broke when she left the whitehouse, calimed assad was a reformer that should be supported?

Who you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies