Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 07:48 AM

45,473 posts, read 26,737,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
You don't even understand the issues, so either you haven't been paying attention, or you've been lied to.
What issues don't I understand? We are both (in theory) against current and past warmongering, difference being I have been consistent in my actions and you have been paying lip service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2015, 07:51 AM

20,504 posts, read 12,469,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Why?

WHAT's to be won other than more debt?
well there you go... we have gone round and round about this. no point in going back into it.

bottom line, the world could have been more safe and that's the issue.

now it is certainly not. Barak Obama has made the world a far more dangerous place.

68,418 posts, read 54,775,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Ron Paul. Wrote him in, twice.

If only he'd had a real shot, I doubt we'd have seen any less war had either McCain or Romney been elected.

79,911 posts, read 44,505,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Oh please.
The same was asked of by all of us that were against the wars and expansions. You voted for it anyway.

Old 10-19-2015, 07:52 AM

45,473 posts, read 26,737,096 times
Quote:
If only he'd had a real shot, I doubt we'd have seen any less war had either McCain or Romney been elected.
I agree.

Old 10-19-2015, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Doubtful but at least voting for someone outside of the war mongers allows you to be consistent to your principles and not a hypocrite.

Old 10-19-2015, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
well there you go... we have gone round and round about this. no point in going back into it.

bottom line, the world could have been more safe and that's the issue.
The world would have been more safe had we not made such a mess in Iraq.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
now it is certainly not. Barak Obama has made the world a far more dangerous place.
And GWB kept us safe as his brother alleges, eh? We started destabilizing things by supporting the Iranian coup in 1953, there's lots of blame to go around on both sides of foreign policy blundering aisle.

Old 10-19-2015, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Doubtful but at least voting for someone outside of the war mongers allows you to be consistent to your principles and not a hypocrite.
Consistent?

Or quixotic?

I haven't felt I actually voted for someone since George McGovern, everyone else has pretty much been what I thought to be the 'less bad'.

Old 10-19-2015, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Consistent?

Or quixotic?

I haven't felt I actually voted for someone since George McGovern, everyone else has pretty much been what I thought to be the 'less bad'.
I have little bad to say about Vermin Supreme other than I would like to once again vote for someone that actually has a chance at winning.

Old 10-19-2015, 08:12 AM

20,504 posts, read 12,469,689 times
Quote:
The world would have been more safe had we not made such a mess in Iraq.

And GWB kept us safe as his brother alleges, eh? We started destabilizing things by supporting the Iranian coup in 1953, there's lots of blame to go around on both sides of foreign policy blundering aisle.

we aren't going to agree on much of anything. the Iranian issue is complicated. You and others like to look at what we did then in isolated terms. I cannot do that. That was part of the greater Cold War era and we made decisions and did things based on the spreading power of the USSR.

Some things we did were mistakes. Some things we did were not. Other things we did were right, but we failed to follow thru and our good was "evil spoken of" as the saying goes.

in the context of the cold war, the actions in Iran are far more cloudy than you make them out to be.

The world would be a safer place post Iraq war had Americans made the commitment to stay there and demand stabilization the way we did in both Japan and Germany post WW2.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies