Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2015, 01:10 PM

59,489 posts, read 27,618,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
No, people are still allowed to state an opinion. Even the president.

If he attempts to block an investigation, that's another thing.
I believe during the Fast and Furious scandal O was asked a question about the investigation and he said, "I CANNOT comment on an ongoing investigation".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2015, 01:12 PM

13,722 posts, read 9,059,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Legal question: Is Obama not an "Accessory After the Fact" for his public comments regarding the FBI investigation into Hillary's emails? Clearly, he was attempting to derail and cast doubt on this ongoing investigation in support of, and in defense of Hillary.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/acce...after_the_fact

Did you not read the very definition you linked to? I would guess 'not'.

Old 10-18-2015, 01:14 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,082,079 times
Quote:
No. Stating an opinion is not being an accessory.
Oh, I thought legally one has to preferece any statement like with with "In my humble opinion (IMHO)"!

Old 10-18-2015, 01:17 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,082,079 times
Quote:
Maybe the Democrats should try respecting the law, and thereby not be subject to criminal investigation? Maybe the Democrats should respect the Constitution of the United States.

Recent polls show Hillary losing in head to head match ups with Trump, Carson, and I believe even Cruz.

She is a liar, and everybody knows it. She cannot be trusted, and everybody knows it.

Hillary is toast, and if the Democrats nominate her, they are incredibly stupid.

She is utterly unqualified because of her dishonesty, and her incompetence.
And...you forgot to include...Hillary is an admitted follower of Alinsky's road to communism, as is Obama!

Old 10-18-2015, 01:21 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,075,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I don't know about Obama being an "accessory after the fact" but I do know he should not be stating his opinion on this. He did the same thing for Treyvon Martin and Michael Brown which caused the mob to get even bigger and troublesome. After all when you have the president of the united states on your side how could you possibly be wrong?
^This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I believe during the Fast and Furious scandal O was asked a question about the investigation and he said, "I CANNOT comment on an ongoing investigation".
He's very selective in what he chooses to comment on, isn't he?

Old 10-18-2015, 01:25 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,699,107 times
Quote:
Legal question: Is Obama not an "Accessory After the Fact" for his public comments regarding the FBI investigation into Hillary's emails? Clearly, he was attempting to derail and cast doubt on this ongoing investigation in support of, and in defense of Hillary.

Surely, you must have something better to do than to think about all the email nonsense. Hillary is not electable, regardless of whether crimes were committed with the email set-up.

Old 10-18-2015, 01:32 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,590,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post

He's very selective in what he chooses to comment on, isn't he?
I have no idea why, with the entire Republican Party and every News Media just waiting for a word they can twist into ropes to hang him with.

Old 10-18-2015, 01:37 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,370,074 times
Quote:
No, people are still allowed to state an opinion. Even the president.

If he attempts to block an investigation, that's another thing.
Accessory After the Fact:
Definition

Someone who assists another 1) who has committed a felony, 2) after the person has committed the felony, 3) with knowledge that the person committed the felony, and 4) with the intent to help the person avoid arrest or punishment. An accessory after the fact may be held liable for, inter alia, obstruction of justice.

Old 10-18-2015, 01:41 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,370,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Did you not read the very definition you linked to? I would guess 'not'.
You would be guessing wrong. I did read it, and that is why I posed the question. I believe, based on the definition I linked to, that he very much is an "accessory after the fact."

Old 10-18-2015, 01:45 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,075,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
I have no idea why, with the entire Republican Party and every News Media just waiting for a word they can twist into ropes to hang him with.
Only in the O-cult world is O inserting himself where he shouldn't, considered the media or GOP's fault. O-messiah is never wrong, ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies