Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 10:01 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Thank you for making my point. There are solutions to your dilemma, but you knowingly choose to not solve your own problems. Instead you want everyone else to hand you the keys to the city. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. Mommy and Daddy will eventually tire of you and will put you out. What then?
The OP will move to Europe where everyone vacations all the time, and there are no mortgages or other loans to deal with. They also have unicorns that poop rainbow cupcakes, and little elves that sneak in and clean up your house while you sleep.

Old 10-17-2015, 10:02 AM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonerandsad View Post
You need vacation once in a while sorry life is short. I'm staying at cheap hotels and will eat at cheap places. Europeans go on vacation all the time because they can afford and don't have any loans!
How frugal of you. Bravo.

Old 10-17-2015, 10:03 AM

39,232 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
No thanks... Don't want the risk of getting killed or killing someone as well as leaving my family. Tons of homeless and jobless veterans out there...
well, didn't you just post this?

Quote:
Our government helps military people ?
In my most humble opinion, people who have seen combat do not get enough assistance from the community or the government.

These soldiers suffered traumatic brain injuries and post-traumatic stress disorder. As their tours abroad ended, they returned to bases in the U.S., where their injuries affected their ability to maintain discipline. They committed small infractions. Over time, these demerits added up. They were discharged for misconduct.

As a result, they lost their medical benefits for life.

Unable to afford treatment for the combat injuries they sustained, many wound up taking on debt in emergency rooms or living on the street without any treatment at all.

If you don't want to join the military, maybe you shouldn't be complaining about the benefits they have earned for taking the risks.

Maybe you should volunteer one day or two at VA hospital. Freedom is not free, respect is earned. we are lucky that we are alive and we are safe because somebody are serving in the military. Be a little bit appreciative.

by the way, before signing the contract, read the term and conditions will help too. Student loan has terms and conditions, there is no free lunch in this world. Just like all those Subprime Borrowers, they are Not all that Innocent. lol

Old 10-17-2015, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
The only people who will help the lazy are their parents, and even that has limits.
lol yup.

Old 10-17-2015, 10:16 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
College has inflated at an incredible rate thanks to guaranteed unlimited Federal Loans available to all pulses.
Government "I'm here to help" --> Balloon --> Crash

Get it?

Old 10-17-2015, 10:19 AM

3,617 posts, read 3,885,492 times
Quote:
What if the government helped out millenials by not charging any interest rate on federal student loans, increasing grants for college tuition, and give $50,000 - $100,000 towards a downpayment/mortgage purchasing home or investment purposes only? Our government helps out foreign countries, military people and many others still, so why not our millenials who are struggling?
As a fellow millennial, I find the concept that we somehow deserve special handouts on account of our age incomprehensible. The government should give me seed capital for an investment property because I'm under 30? What a joke.

Old 10-17-2015, 10:20 AM

No wonder so many millenials (my generation) are feeling the Bern.

Free college - hell yeah

Free medicare - hell yeah

tax the rich - hell yeah

free paid vacation - hell yeah

In order to live like the Europe, you need to tax like the Europe. and Europe is not all that.

Old 10-17-2015, 10:26 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,963,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Government "I'm here to help" --> Balloon --> Crash

Get it?
Yes you just restated my point.

Old 10-17-2015, 10:30 AM

3,124 posts, read 2,071,815 times
Quote:
What if the government helped out millenials by not charging any interest rate on federal student loans, increasing grants for college tuition, and give $50,000 - $100,000 towards a downpayment/mortgage purchasing home or investment purposes only? Our government helps out foreign countries, military people and many others still, so why not our millenials who are struggling?
Quote:
You need vacation once in a while sorry life is short. I'm staying at cheap hotels and will eat at cheap places. Europeans go on vacation all the time because they can afford and don't have any loans!
Poor choices. Rational people aren't keen on helping those who can't be bothered to help themselves. And I don't mean help themselves to other people's money.

I have 2 millennial kids, ages 25 and 27. They have student loans which they are paying and each has bought a first home all on their own. They aren't looking for bailouts and handouts. What makes you deserving of a bailout while making poor choices? Why should I and my millennial kids be forced to pay for your poor personal choices?

Old 10-17-2015, 10:32 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Join the Army. See the world. Spend some time in Afghanistan getting to know the people and what real struggle is all about.

Should you survive intact and most do, the GI Bill will pay for your education and enable you to get a no down payment mortgage assuming you qualify for repayment. Should you become injured, you will be approved for VA healthcare benefits within 15 minutes. There is a wait for low income veterans who want VA healthcare unrelated to injuries sustained while in service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies