Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2015, 06:46 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,235,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Waters is a person and just like any person she has her mistakes. That said, she has spoken the truth about the Tea Party, fought for the working class, and she has done a pretty decent job in the House representing her district, the state of California, and the American people. You can't name one congressperson on the other side of the aisle that is a better congressperson.
She consistently votes to benefit the far Left of California, not moderates and definitely no one on the Right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2015, 08:21 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,452,483 times
Quote:
The bad part about having term limits in congress is that it will force out good politician like Maxine Waters & Elijah Cummings along with the bad politicians that need to go..
I laughed when I read this and then I saw who wrote it ... and I laughed even louder.

El Nox

Old 10-15-2015, 08:28 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,727,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
I laughed when I read this and then I saw who wrote it ... and I laughed even louder.

El Nox

every forum needs a blatant racist to laugh at.

Old 10-15-2015, 08:30 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,452,483 times
Quote:
Waters is a person and just like any person she has her mistakes. That said, she has spoken the truth about the Tea Party, fought for the working class, and she has done a pretty decent job in the House representing her district, the state of California, and the American people. You can't name one congressperson on the other side of the aisle that is a better congressperson.
Are you talking about the same Maxine Waters that literally screamed that it (Bubba's Impeachment) was "just about sex" on a daily basis, yet when it was her turn in the roll call for the vote (they call the vote in alphabetical order of surname), she abstained. What a heroine she is.

El Nox

Old 10-15-2015, 10:50 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,877,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Maxine Waters? That woman is an embarrassment to California.
I'll have you know that Maxine Waters scored a 330 on the SAT when she was in high school.

While she might not be as bright as Elijiah Cummings -- who scored a 340 on the SAT -- there's no denying she's an extremely bright human.

As they say, they don't call her Maxine "Shallow" Waters for nothing.

Old 10-15-2015, 11:43 PM

31,978 posts, read 27,118,311 times
Depends on what you mean by term limits "work" and for who or whom?

We have term limits here in NYC and so far the most visible result is that the City Council and other elected officials play a game of musical chairs. Mayor, comptroller, borough presidents, public advocate, etc.. all are former council members who were booted out because of term limits.

The other outcome of term limits is the city council and or mayor can pass all sorts of jack assed stupid legislation regardless of voter feedback. Since they cannot run for re-election after a second term (assuming they win re-election) there is little accountability but much effort to get "something" done with their name on it.

Right now NYC is in a banning mode. Styrofoam, automobiles, salt, sugar... you name it and our city wants to get rid of or control it.

Old 10-16-2015, 12:04 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,145,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Integrity: Not what you do when everyone is watching. It is what you do when no one is watching. That is integrity, something Mr. Cummings lacks greatly.
Honestly, I don't care about conservative nonprofit groups getting audited by the IRS. And Issa is a disgrace to both congress and California. I stand by Congressman Cummings 100%.

Old 10-16-2015, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
I'll have you know that Maxine Waters scored a 330 on the SAT when she was in high school.

While she might not be as bright as Elijiah Cummings -- who scored a 340 on the SAT -- there's no denying she's an extremely bright human.

As they say, they don't call her Maxine "Shallow" Waters for nothing.
Dude, you do not want to get into comparing SAT scores... And I doubt what you posted is accurate.

Old 10-16-2015, 12:09 AM

Quote:
every forum needs a blatant racist to laugh at.
Says the guy that can count on one hand the amount of nonwhite conservatives he's ever associated with. Give me a break...

Old 10-16-2015, 12:31 AM

29,223 posts, read 22,434,350 times
Quote:
Too funny!
Two complete idiots, someone actually finds as "good"
Define good.

Is there a special reason why a politician who is continually elected by a wide margin and continually serves his constituency well and to their satisfaction be forced to leave by an arbitrary standard?

I don't think so. If a politician fails his people, we vote him out and find a replacement. That requires enough of his former supports to have lost faith in him. No one is ever elected unanimously, so those who have opposed the same politician always rejoice, those who are the diehard faithful always mourn, and everyone else says "It was time for him to go. We needed some fresh blood."

There is as much argument to be made against Presidential term limits as there is for it. But our ancestors decided that 2 terms- 8 years- was enough. In other democracies, 10 years of service is more typical, but other democracies are not like ours. Term limits throw the good and the bad out without regard, and while they may be valid for lesser offices in state and local government, they are not for our Federal government.

If it was otherwise, the United States would not be the nation it is.

Last edited by banjomike; 10-16-2015 at 12:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies