Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 07:20 AM

3,863 posts, read 6,301,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Guns in hand and confederate flags flying. Yes, let's show the world just how classy we have become.

"We don't have a gun problem here," declared one protester. Well, you know, except for that little incident last week...

But oh, well, nothing we can do about it. Like Ben Carson said, we'll see y'all at the next one! And don't forget your rebel flags, everyone!

Yeah, all that.
My OP wasn't really about the residents of Roseburg. Do you not see the hypocrisy of locking down a gun controlled city for a visit, and then not doing the same thing when landing in a place where Obama is not wanted, with the residents showing up armed? Another mixed message. If you're going to tout gun control, then by golly be consistent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2015, 07:35 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,953,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
Yeah, all that.
My OP wasn't really about the residents of Roseburg. Do you not see the hypocrisy of locking down a gun controlled city for a visit, and then not doing the same thing when landing in a place where Obama is not wanted, with the residents showing up armed? Another mixed message. If you're going to tout gun control, then by golly be consistent.
President Obama hasn't shown this in 7 yrs, you are asking him to start now......

As for the people, it would have been better to wear shirts supporting gun rights, with this President. Then try to get President Obama to see it OUR way.

Honey goes farther than vinegar........

Old 10-12-2015, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
President Obama hasn't shown this in 7 yrs, you are asking him to start now......

As for the people, it would have been better to wear shirts supporting gun rights, with this President. Then try to get President Obama to see it OUR way.

Honey goes farther than vinegar........
No, not really. Just like to stir the pot once in a while and point out facts that the left can't possibly defend.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:54 AM

773 posts, read 787,896 times
Quote:
So...when Obama visits cities with strict gun control such as Philly or NYC, streets are blocked off for a half a mile and airspace restricted. But when he visits gun-friendly Roseburg, OR, the secret service lets the protesters hang out at the airport with weapons? How schizophrenic can you get?
Before the Internet and social media, the fringe types could never organize like this. But now that they are all together, just take a lasso and round 'em up and put them in a padded room. Maybe then those who have lost loved ones to senseless gun violence could mourn without their losses being so disrespected.

Old 10-12-2015, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tujuleez1 View Post
Before the Internet and social media, the fringe types could never organize like this. But now that they are all together, just take a lasso and round 'em up and put them in a padded room. Maybe then those who have lost loved ones to senseless gun violence could mourn without their losses being so disrespected.
Tell me where else have you seen the statement that I've made in my OP?

Old 10-12-2015, 08:12 AM

Quote:
No, not really. Just like to stir the pot once in a while and point out facts that the left can't possibly defend.
I knew you knew the answer.......

I thought the left owned guns also, yet they never seem to see a reason to fight to keep them......

I wonder what would happen if they enforced the laws on the books already. Why is it the left can only make up NEW laws to take place of the old laws in place?

Old 10-12-2015, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tujuleez1 View Post
I believe some of those "fringe types" lost loved ones also...... the left is so one sided, you actually think it was non-gun owners that were only killed????

Old 10-12-2015, 08:15 AM

27,685 posts, read 16,171,854 times
Sensational headline as usual ... heres a video clip by msnbc & fox ,where are all the gun toting rebel flag people? Didnt think so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ubeDzC26Ic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFhcc0Wykvc

Old 10-12-2015, 08:16 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,690,714 times
Quote:
So...when Obama visits cities with strict gun control such as Philly or NYC, streets are blocked off for a half a mile and airspace restricted. But when he visits gun-friendly Roseburg, OR, the secret service lets the protesters hang out at the airport with weapons? How schizophrenic can you get?

Roseburg Oregon Protesters Greet Obama With Guns In Hand And Confederate Flags Flying

It would be a good sight to see, if this happened in NYC.
Would they be confronted by physical violence? Would the legal thug gang(police), be all over them, just for exercising their god given rights to protect themselves from those very tyrants?

Old 10-12-2015, 08:19 AM

Quote:
I knew you knew the answer.......

I thought the left owned guns also, yet they never seem to see a reason to fight to keep them......

I wonder what would happen if they enforced the laws on the books already. Why is it the left can only make up NEW laws to take place of the old laws in place?
Quote:
I believe some of those "fringe types" lost loved ones also...... the left is so one sided, you actually think it was non-gun owners that were only killed????
Too much sense all in one day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies