Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 07:08 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,338,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
I am sorry if you took a discussion on a political board personally. People have different points of view. I don't need to apologize for that.
I didn't take it personally. That's my whole point. I'm telling you that I don't use fetus instead of baby to make myself feel better because I don't feel bad. There is nothing I need to "emotionally distance" myself from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2015, 07:12 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,234,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
I didn't take it personally. That's my whole point. I'm telling you that I don't use fetus instead of baby to make myself feel better because I don't feel bad. There is nothing I need to "emotionally distance" myself from.
Okay.

Old 10-14-2015, 07:24 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,379,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikett View Post
I think it would be great if all the pro-life people put their energy into taking care of the folks who are already born. In fact, I think it could make a huge difference in child hunger, abuse and poverty it that energy was just redirected. And most pro-life facts are either/or, not both. You don't hear these groups complaining about the hungry, homeless children in the US. It's sad. Because these living, sentient kids are suffering every day.
I think You have nailed the whole Live thing constantly proclaimed by zealots who somehow equate LIFE at conception..then litigate constantly to defund and throw those innocents "OUT like trash" and plurally label them as such or THUG's or some other derrogatory term to somehow justify their LOW taxes and further lobbyists directives!!

This latest Planned Parenthood investigation and somehow calling into question their finances which has been upheld by many STATES..Yet continually paint them as the only venue to obtain such services?? Yes,..Poor and underfunded Middle-class may have to go to PP...YET their dismay/disgust ALL surrounds their VIEW of ABORTION at it's core!! YET...THEY don't bother mentioning Insurance Company's that fund it ( why rich/entitled ones) nor the Hospitals who perform them..NOR those Doctors who perform "Murder" under their fundies who promote this whole attack....MEN and Women controlled by men have to get off their high horse..AS it's become almost embarrassing !!

Bottomline~~ BECAUSE it's legal ..and private funds can pay for it..SO Republican Government's SAY NOPE..You Poor folks can't be availed of what's Legal..nor can you expect us to pay for it ( No Government $ goes to abortion BTW)..nor can you lowly poor women even get access to "Good Medical Care"..and have to go hundreds of miles++ or give it up ....I find the whole PP aggressiveness and Despicable treatment of PP representatives a huge Floodlight on the agenda which has been going on for far too long...

This has gone from some looney guy walking into a church and murder a Doctor who happened to have performed abortion (Convicted) to a Congress actually spending taxpayers dollars to condone what that murder did..Pitiful!!

Old 10-14-2015, 07:25 PM

42,864 posts, read 26,350,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
In all the situation you reference, it comes down to this: it hasn't been proven exactly when that developing child acquires a soul. Perhaps that soul is imparted on fertilization. Should we try to skirt the moral issues surrounding how clinics dispose of embryos, how and when women decide to abort their child, contraception, etc., or should pro-choicers simply say there is no moral issue, while pro-lifers insist that there is. Pro-choicers have to live with their decision to end a developing life, never really knowing whether they made a morally correct choice. Pro-lifers don't have that worry because they haven't 'killed' anything.

Maybe it comes down to this: Pro-abortion people don't worry about moral issues and that makes it easier for them to deal with their choice. Or, perhaps they have no morality about it and it really is just 'tissue' to them. Maybe it's Godlessness, or selfishness, or fear that allows that kind of dispassionate and/or desperate approach to it. There are some women who suffer great remorse and guilt following abortion, when the reality of what they have done settles on them.

I don't know of any situation where a true Christian would have no qualms about having an abortion and would unequivocally be pro-choice (a/k/a pro-abortion) as a matter of course.
Good post, but I am going to disagree on a few issues.
You're right, a pro-lifer does not know when a child acquires a soul and never will because it is based on belief and I don't think there is any Biblical reference to guide them. But each of them must have made this decision about when the soul is acquired or how else could they condone birth control and embryo destruction at IVF clinics, while calling abortion murder? So there is nothing rational in the way that they arbitrarily determine what is murder of a baby,fetus,embryo,ovum and what is not. Now if I had this deeply held belief in not killing anything with a soul, whether or not it has a brain I would surely err on the side of safety and protect every sperm, follicle, egg, embryo, fetus, baby do you disagree?

Old 10-14-2015, 07:28 PM

42,864 posts, read 26,350,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
I think You have nailed the whole Live thing constantly proclaimed by zealots who somehow equate LIFE at conception..then litigate constantly to defund and throw those innocents "OUT like trash" and plurally label them as such or THUG's or some other derrogatory term to somehow justify their LOW taxes and further lobbyists directives!!

This latest Planned Parenthood investigation and somehow calling into question their finances which has been upheld by many STATES..Yet continually paint them as the only venue to obtain such services?? Yes,..Poor and underfunded Middle-class may have to go to PP...YET their dismay/disgust ALL surrounds their VIEW of ABORTION at it's core!! YET...THEY don't bother mentioning Insurance Company's that fund it ( why rich/entitled ones) nor the Hospitals who perform them..NOR those Doctors who perform "Murder" under their fundies who promote this whole attack....MEN and Women controlled by men have to get off their high horse..AS it's become almost embarrassing !!

Bottomline~~ BECAUSE it's legal ..and private funds can pay for it..SO Republican Government's SAY NOPE..You Poor folks can't be availed of what's Legal..nor can you expect us to pay for it ( No Government $ goes to abortion BTW)..nor can you lowly poor women even get access to "Good Medical Care"..and have to go hundreds of miles++ or give it up ....I find the whole PP aggressiveness and Despicable treatment of PP representatives a huge Floodlight on the agenda which has been going on for far too long...

This has gone from some looney guy walking into a church and murder a Doctor who happened to have performed abortion (Convicted) to a Congress actually spending taxpayers dollars to condone what that murder did..Pitiful!!
Excellent post, you pretty much said it all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies