Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2015, 07:41 PM

26,831 posts, read 15,376,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
The following is a letter sent by Ahmed Mohamed's parents attorney to Texas city officials. The 14 year old boys rights were violated on multiple occasions, multiple laws were broken by police and city officials, and the boy and his family were put through great stress (and put into actual psychical danger.)

https://www.scribd.com/fullscreen/29...ew_mode=scroll

But it appears republicans only care about constitutional rights and law when it suits their political agenda. And when constitutional rights and law don't suit the republican agenda, republicans then ignore constitutional rights and law (just like republicans are doing in this thread.)

Foolhardy.

Yes, lawyers, who stand to rake in up to 30% of that $15,000,000.00 wrote a letter with new previously unreleased he said versus he said evidence that is anything but concrete and they start off with what appears to be factually incorrect information...

Evidence suggests Ahmed Muhammad did not create the clock as stated.

Why do you think Ahmed Muhammad, his family, and his lawyers are refusing to allow the school to release the records?

They are hoping that enough buffoons (like Obama) continue to pile on to the sheep wagon that the school and city will be compelled to shell out $15,000,000.00.

I've had police act out of bounds on me when I was 17 - I never thought that I should make it an issue that it wasn't and sue for $15,000,000.00.

Old 11-23-2015, 07:56 PM

401 posts, read 289,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
No they won't because they violated nothing. The most they will be getting is a little walking away money, and that will be that. School Districts and Police Departments do not just roll over to scammers.
He was questioned in a criminal case without his parents present, and probably without being asked if he would like a lawyer. Thats a violation of Texas law.
Quote:
The law is clear: Juveniles in Texas may have a parent, guardian, or attorney present during interrogation. Mohamed was repeatedly denied this request.
The police knew that there was no bomb(no bomb suad called) and they had no evidence of a bomb hoax, yet they cuffed and stuffed him.

Give him $1million plus his attorneys fees and call it done.

Old 11-23-2015, 08:03 PM

25,231 posts, read 17,032,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Out of court, no muss, no fuss, $2M.
He will get nothing near that amount, we will never know the amount if any is paid.

Old 11-23-2015, 08:06 PM

26,831 posts, read 15,376,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanHunt View Post
The police knew that there was no bomb(no bomb suad called) and they had no evidence of a bomb hoax, yet they cuffed and stuffed him.

If they had reason to believe that he did pull a hoax that would also be a crime.

Why are his parents refusing to allow the school to release the file?

Old 11-23-2015, 08:37 PM

17,468 posts, read 13,018,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
The best part is, it will be a problem for blue Texas voters who help create these BS victims.
Possibly time to offer them to Arizona or California. I certainly hope this is not true!

Old 11-23-2015, 09:18 PM

5,716 posts, read 3,171,963 times
From the article
Quote:
"The numbers are huge, and we admit that," said attorney Kelly Hollingsworth from his offices near Lubbock. "But the damages caused against this young man and his family are incalculable.
Damages? Like the free stuff from Microsoft? The open job offers from multiple tech companies? The auto admission from MIT? The invitation to the white house? Those kinds of damages?

If only we were all so lucky to suffer such "damages".

Old 11-23-2015, 09:47 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,677,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanHunt View Post
He was questioned in a criminal case without his parents present, and probably without being asked if he would like a lawyer. Thats a violation of Texas law.

The police, school officials, and Mayor also did the following,

The boy asked if he could contact his parents (which is the boys right under Texas law) and his request was refused.

Throughout the on-campus detention and interrogation the boy was constantly pressured to sign a written statement admitting that he intended to bring a “hoax bomb” to school.

School employees also threatened the boy saying if he did not sign the confession, he would be expelled from school.

After the long interrogation the boy was arm barred while being arrested.

The boy was not mirandized when he was cuffed.

At the police station the boy was illegally questioned again without his parents present.

Police officials left Ahmed alone in the detention center (in violation of Texas law.)

City of Irving Texas officials did a public TV/news campaign to trash the 14 year old boys credibility (The schools principal, several teachers, police officers, and Mayor Beth Van Duyne all took part in this public character assassination.)

Mayor Beth Van Duyne went on Glenn Beck’s television show in their campaign. There she allowed false information to be said about the boy, lied about the boys personality type, and she fed a totally false impression about the boy and his family, ex.ex.

On national TV the mayor released the boys private educational information.

The Mayors appearance with Glenn Beck came well after Irving Police had ruled out any wrongdoing by the boy. And on the Beck show the mayor defamed the boy in multiple areas.

The police chief also went before the media and lied about the boy, lied about the clock, and showed manipulating photographs.

The boy was denied rights from the Civil Rights Act.

ex.ex.ex.ex.ex.ex.

Old 11-23-2015, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post

I've had police act out of bounds on me when I was 17 - I never thought that I should make it an issue that it wasn't and sue for $15,000,000.00.
Did the police and city mayor go on national TV and lie about you, and then tell millions of Americans that you and your family are terrorists coming to kill Americans?

Perhaps if that happened to you at 17 your family would have sued?

Old 11-23-2015, 10:08 PM

11,582 posts, read 14,011,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Quote:
For personal security reasons, Ahmed and family are in Doha, Qatar. However, when they feel safe again, all of them want more than anything to come home, to Irving, Texas.
Bwahahahaha, Lawyers.

Old 11-23-2015, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Bwahahahaha, Lawyers.
Who should I trust?

A.) Glenn Beck, the police chief, and mayor (who are all involved in a national media character assassination of a INNOCENT 14 year old boy.)

B.) The boy's family attorney.

Personally I'm going with B.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.