Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 10:13 AM

29,635 posts, read 16,622,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
As a Republican, I am utterly disgusted with the Republican controlled Congress. They were elected to a majority in both houses and could have held Obamas feet to the fire by sending him bill after bill which he would have vetoed, and which the republican Presidential candidates could have said "If you elect me, I will sign those bills."

Instead they just rolled over and played dead. It's time for Boehner and McConnel to go!
How is that Holding Obama's feet to the fire ? If he has already said he will veto it, then all congress would be doing is wasting time.

Further more, your presidential quote is flawed as well, Why would a republican candidate sign a bill against a treaty he supported(assuming the same situation) ????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2015, 10:19 AM

37,809 posts, read 41,101,157 times
Because they think they can get away with it because every time they come up for re-election voters develop amnesia and/or deluded in believing everyone else's Senator and Rep is bad, not mine.

Old 09-12-2015, 10:41 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,517,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Their paychecks won't stop either way so why would they care about doing what we asked them to do through our votes?
When the Trumpenfuhrer takes power in early '17, there should be lots of lamp posts (about 538 right off the bat, pus Hilary, Obammy, et al, as you wish) in DC suddently occupied by nooses and hanging bodies.

If these goons want to import the Turd World to the USA, how about giving them a taste of their medicine?

Old 09-12-2015, 10:44 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,356,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Maybe I just don't understand how these things work but it makes no sense to me that the house or senate will not vote on something just because Obama will veto it. Do the vote and let him veto and let the public see where people stand. Do your job.

Sorry. I got a couple of words too many in there and don't know how to correct it.
I agree. We still have too damn many RINO's

Old 09-12-2015, 10:45 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,356,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Send your senators and congressman an angry note.

Keep us updated.
You know, I fax them and I use Twitter. Doesn't do a damn bit of good.

Old 09-12-2015, 10:51 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,069,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Because Republicans dont want to do anything, are not interested in governing and can't govern.

What else do you think would happen when you elect people who hate the US government, and inculcate in their followers that American government is bad and its good policy not to do anything while raking in money from the government?
You seem to have missed the whole point. Which is that they are working with, helping "your side."
Yes, you do have a side, as all of your posts are extremely partisan.

Old 09-12-2015, 10:59 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,563,733 times
Both sides want to destroy the middle class.

Old 09-12-2015, 04:32 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,609,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You know, I fax them and I use Twitter. Doesn't do a damn bit of good.
In the past, I've contacted my guys, too.

All I'd get is some prepackaged bs in response while they continue to do whatever their corporate owners dictate.

Old 09-12-2015, 04:36 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,425,076 times
Because everything Republicans do, fails. They are always wrong. This is common knowledge.

Ridiculous thread.

Old 09-12-2015, 04:53 PM

57,410 posts, read 26,366,976 times
Imagine if they sent the bill on Iran to Obama and he vetoed. I would have loved to see the next vote when the stakes were really high, I mean really high, no more posturing, no more playing to your constituency, no more pandering to Israel.

The vote would have put the US on an island all alone and they would be responsible for their actions. The reality is that the GOP doesn't have solutions, they just want to complain about any action that Obama takes. Please name one major bill or idea that they have proposed that would have benefited the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies