Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 12:33 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,539,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Thank you for that, I wasn't aware and didn't get a hit about that high a level of participation in Vietnam nor do I know what regional politics may have encouraged them.

But Desert Storm? 5 C-130s and 1 Medical Unit? Hardly a show of force now is it? And if that level was maintained during Enduring Freedom I'd say it's hardly noteworthy from such a supposedly strong ally.
One is inevitably reminded of Gollum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2015, 12:36 PM

68,429 posts, read 54,881,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post
One is inevitably reminded of Gollum.
Nah, I just get reminded of how many foreign policy blunders the US has made in the past and how many confirm Einstein's definition of insanity by wanting to continue down that very same path while expecting different results.

Old 08-21-2015, 12:42 PM

57,380 posts, read 26,561,915 times
Forget about North Korea and their nuclear capability, Iran is our biggest threat because they might have nuclear capability in 15 years

Old 08-21-2015, 12:47 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,951,923 times
Everyone is saber rattling because the USA doesn't have a president. This will continue for 16 more months....

Old 08-21-2015, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Hope it doesn't go off, but by treaty with South Korea and other nations by treaty we could be obligated to protect.
I've never read a complete treaty and would no doubt need an interpreter to understand one but I've often wondered when people say we're obligated to protect one country or another about just how detailed treaties are about what 'protection' actually means?

And with S Korea's apparent baiting of N Korea, what then?

Old 08-21-2015, 12:56 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,539,368 times
Quote:
I've never read a complete treaty and would no doubt need an interpreter to understand one but I've often wondered when people say we're obligated to protect one country or another about just how detailed treaties are about what 'protection' actually means?

And with S Korea's apparent baiting of N Korea, what then?
Baiting!! The North Koreans cross the border, blow up two South Koreans and the South Koreans respond with loud speakers and that's baiting? By what kind of twisted, liberal logic do you come up with that?

I guess they should have sent an abject letter of apology to the Great Leader because their inept personnel tripped over his mines and blew themselves up.

Old 08-21-2015, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Everyone is saber rattling because the USA doesn't have a president. This will continue for 16 more months....
It existed a long time before 01/20/2009 and will continue to exist as long as there are countries that believe they can sucker another into fighting their battles for them.

Old 08-21-2015, 12:58 PM

46,048 posts, read 61,573,068 times
Quote:
Thank you for that, I wasn't aware and didn't get a hit about that high a level of participation in Vietnam nor do I know what regional politics may have encouraged them.

But Desert Storm? 5 C-130s and 1 Medical Unit? Hardly a show of force now is it? And if that level was maintained during Enduring Freedom I'd say it's hardly noteworthy from such a supposedly strong ally.

If you look, most of the allies for Desert Storm participated similar to the South Korean level. The reality is that the US, and a few other countries like the UK, are the only ones which can mount and deliver an overseas expeditionary force.

Old 08-21-2015, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post
Baiting!! The North Koreans cross the border, blow up two South Koreans and the South Koreans respond with loud speakers and that's baiting? By what kind of twisted, liberal logic do you come up with that?
So, when are you planning on shipping out? How many of your loved ones and how much of your paycheck are you willing to commit to this foolishness?

Old 08-21-2015, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
If you look, most of the allies for Desert Storm participated similar to the South Korean level. The reality is that the US, and a few other countries like the UK, are the only ones which can mount and deliver an overseas expeditionary force.
I know we can do it, the question is should we when it seems time after time we gain so little for such large investment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies