Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 01:36 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,237,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
How would it save one life?
No deflections...

Yes or No? If Kate's Law saved just one life would you support it? Yes or No?

It's a simple question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 02:02 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
How many are they going to jail, 11 Million.
IMHO 11 million illegal aliens WON'T see the inside of any US jail since word WILL get out we ain't playing. Most illegals WILL make a run OUT of here on the double.

Old 11-11-2015, 04:32 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
No deflections...

Yes or No? If Kate's Law saved just one life would you support it? Yes or No?

It's a simple question.
If, yes, but my question still stands, how would it do that? Feel free to inform me how Kate's Law would save one life?

Old 11-11-2015, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
IMHO 11 million illegal aliens WON'T see the inside of any US jail since word WILL get out we ain't playing. Most illegals WILL make a run OUT of here on the double.
I doubt it, we imprison Americans every day, and yet more Americans keep committing crimes.....so when is that word gonna get out to legal Americans that you commit a crime you will go to prison?

Old 11-11-2015, 04:57 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,559,463 times
Quote:
If, yes, but my question still stands, how would it do that? Feel free to inform me how Kate's Law would save one life?
By keeping that specific illegal from being on the street. You really can't see that?

Old 11-11-2015, 05:00 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,559,463 times
Quote:
Well feel free to research who commits murders in this country and where they are from, I bet you will find out your thought is wrong.

No, I am not saying murder is okay, I am saying we don't need duplicate laws against murder. The laws we have already address that.

If someone is being deported, then the laws are working because they are being caught and deported. The murder laws are working because those that commit murder are being arrested and tried for murder.

Why we need duplicate laws to make sensitive right wingers feel good about themselves makes no sense.
You are the one who needs to do the research to support your claims.

Also, the laws that we have are ignored in the case of illegals and not enforced. And no, we don't need duplicate laws, we need the laws we have to be enforced so that more laws are not created to be ignored.

Old 11-11-2015, 05:24 PM

62,993 posts, read 29,170,163 times
This isn't about duplicate laws. It's about not releasing illegal aliens back into our society when found whether or not they are potential murderers or not. In this case the illegal had been deported several times already. It's similar to an American having a warrant out for their arrest for something else. You don't just release them back into our society you detain them. The ridiculous arguments in here to the contrary are simply unbelievable. Pro-illegals will go to any length to make excuses for not enforcing our immigration laws. It sickens me if they are citizens of our country.

Old 11-11-2015, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
By keeping that specific illegal from being on the street. You really can't see that?
How exactly will this law do that? Is there a way for us to know who is going to commit a murder before they have committed a murder? How long will this specific illegal be kept off the streets, and what would they be charged on?

Old 11-11-2015, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
You are the one who needs to do the research to support your claims.

Also, the laws that we have are ignored in the case of illegals and not enforced. And no, we don't need duplicate laws, we need the laws we have to be enforced so that more laws are not created to be ignored.
I am not the one supporting this law, I think it is a duplicate law and a useless feel good law. If you want me to believe that it is an important law that will do more than what we currently have laws doing, then it is in your court to prove that.

You then go on to agree with me, we do not need duplicate laws like this, we simply need to enforce the laws we currently have. So you see why this Kate's Law is pointless?

Old 11-11-2015, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
This isn't about duplicate laws. It's about not releasing illegal aliens back into our society when found whether or not they are potential murderers or not. In this case the illegal had been deported several times already. It's similar to an American having a warrant out for their arrest for something else. You don't just release them back into our society you detain them. The ridiculous arguments in here to the contrary are simply unbelievable. Pro-illegals will go to any length to make excuses for not enforcing our immigration laws. It sickens me if they are citizens of our country.
Are you saying we need to lock up illegals for life for being illegals in the US? Or are you saying that we need to lock up people who might be potential murderers, which in that case, that is a serious slippery slope you are venturing out onto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies