Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 08:36 PM

132 posts, read 244,903 times

Advertisements

http://little-brown-jug.com/forum/templates/subSilver/images/icon_delete.gif (broken link) US planes bomb al-Qaeda safe haven | NEWS.com.au (http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23089426-23109,00.html - broken link)
US planes bomb "al-Qaeda" safe haven
January 22, 2008 04:51am Reuters
US warplanes dropped 13,600 kilograms of bombs on a suspected al-Qaeda safe haven south of Baghdad, the US Air Force said, the latest in a series of air strikes aimed at disrupting the Sunni Islamist group's operations.
The US Air Force said the operation, which began yesterday and continued overnight, involved B-1 bombers and F/A-18 jets.
It targeted Salman Pak, an area 35km south of Baghdad............

" a suspected al-Qaeda safe haven " !!!!!!!

How many totally innocent civilians, non-combatants, women, children, old folk, BABIES - were slaughtered in this cowardly bombardment ?
And who cares ?

To the Yanks it's just more "collateral damage".
To the civilized world it is yet another massacre - an atrocity !
How on EARTH do these idiots ever think they are going to win over the hearts and minds of the Iraqi people ?
Fact is they can't. And they don't care.
It's the old "Might is right" fallacy which in the long term never works.
The USA will leave Iraq with its tail between its legs within a year.
But what carnage will they have wrought in the meantime ?
Far far more than Saddam ever did !

"The soul of our country needs to be awakened . . .When leaders act contrary to conscience, we must act contrary to leaders " VETERANS Fast for Life
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2008, 09:11 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,872,138 times
Well, how do you think we are keeping U.S. soldier casualties down? By not exposing U.S. troops to enemy fire, so that the news won't tell us of more deaths of U.S. troops (it also happens to be a presidential race, most of the mainstream candidates, Democrats included, are pro-war). Its easier to bomb then send troops in. The U.S. risks nothing by bombing a target instead may risk bad publicity if they send in troops who may die and be reported in the news. The news isn't likely to report Iraqi citizen deaths either... so it makes it like we are "winning" in a losing war.

Old 01-21-2008, 09:11 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,722,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie Freda View Post
http://little-brown-jug.com/forum/templates/subSilver/images/icon_delete.gif (broken link)
The USA will leave Iraq with its tail between its legs within a year.
But what carnage will they have wrought in the meantime ?
Far far more than Saddam ever did !

In my opinion we are too much like a careful surgeon removing an elusive disease, too much time and too much work, we could of had this over years ago if we were more forceful and gone in there and hacked it up, but thats politics for ya .

Old 01-21-2008, 09:59 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,719,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
In my opinion we are too much like a careful surgeon removing an elusive disease, too much time and too much work, we could of had this over years ago if we were more forceful and gone in there and hacked it up, but thats politics for ya .
Yeah, I mean who cares about killing innocent people? Who cares about blowback from the children that have no parents and will grow up hating America and led by militants within their religion to become terrorists?

Old 01-21-2008, 10:28 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,665,998 times
Should have done this long ago and we wouldnt be there today.

What do you have to say for those kids who were left without parents when they hit the USS Cole and the 3,000 who died on 9/11.

Not to count the 4000 US troops they have killed.

This group is responsible for those attacks and they do not care about kids or innocent people.

You cannot fight a war being nice, its not nice and never will be.

Time to stop playing around and get the job done and come home.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:33 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,712,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twojciac View Post
Yeah, I mean who cares about killing innocent people? Who cares about blowback from the children that have no parents and will grow up hating America and led by militants within their religion to become terrorists?
Then we'll kill them, too.

It sucks, yeah, but war sucks, what can I say?

Well, I will say that we are definitely more concerned about civilian casualites than they are.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:41 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,471,556 times
re: how many innocent -----
everybody that attacks us is innocent?
are there no guilty?
why are those that harm us called victims?
is retribution immoral?
why is it "turn the other cheek" but its
alway our cheek?
a clue when you blow up NYC
expect unpleasant experiences.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:45 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,665,998 times
I said at the start the middle east needs to be a new dust bowl. It would end what we all know is our enemies. Sorry, war is war and I was told not to toss the first punch but boy if you get hit, go for it. Time to get out the whooping stick. Should have done this a long time ago.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
everybody that attacks us is innocent?
are there no guilty?
why are those that harm us called victims?
is retribution immoral?
why is it "turn the other cheek" but its
alway our cheek?
a clue when you blow up NYC
expect unpleasant experiences.
If you think it started with the Cole or on 9/11, you're quite naive. The people who attacked us aren't innocent, but guess what... Iraq didn't invade us. But we're doing a great job of giving them a reason to indoctrinate their youth who are seeing us blow up their families and countrymen.

If you think you're pissed about thousands of people, wait till you let the deaths of hundreds of thousands fester and are taken advantage of by militants within the Islamic religion who shape the minds of the youth.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
I said at the start the middle east needs to be a new dust bowl. It would end what we all know is our enemies. Sorry, war is war and I was told not to toss the first punch but boy if you get hit, go for it. Time to get out the whooping stick. Should have done this a long time ago.
And when we overthrow governments, support military dictators, and provide weapons and training to commit genocide, we're the good ones, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies