Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 05:30 PM

30,387 posts, read 18,909,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
I wonder how much she'll share her wealth with "the people's. She's not just in the 1%, but prob in the top 1% of the 1%. The woman is freakin delusional.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hillary Clinton on Saturday officially launched her 2016 presidential campaign, calling for a return to shared prosperity and asking American workers, students and others to trust her to fight for them.

Clinton made the announcement at an outdoor rally on New York City's Roosevelt Island, two months after announcing her campaign with an online video.

“You have to wonder: when do I get ahead? I say now,” Clinton told the crowd in a roughly 46-minute speech. “You brought the country back. Now it’s your time to enjoy the prosperity. That is why I’m running for president of the United States.”

Clinton formally launches 2016 campaign with focus on economic equality | Fox News
Great!

Tell her and Bill to give back all of the "pay for play" money they extorted from foreign governments and the cash obtained from the Chinese for giving them all of our military secrets.

Hillary and Bill are the scum of the earth and only seek personal gain from looting America. Sadly, beyond a Carson or a Walker, the republicans have little better to offer than other crooks who are hell bent on selling our manufacturing and natural resources to the highest bidder. If Jeb Bush is the republican nominee, I am just not voting for POTUS in 2016- what would be the point?

I was actually pleased to see that MOST of the house democrats and HALF of the house republicans shot down the Pacific Rim Trade deal. WTF? Are our politicians (on both sides of the aisle) so brazen as to suggest that this trade agreement will not gut the middle class and US manufacturing as did NAFTA? I find it peculiar that I am applauding the position of the House democrats, who had the guts to oppose Obama and seek the best interest of the nation. Our republican (Steve King from Iowa) reversed his position and voted against the "fast track" deal, probably due to many phone calls from constituents.

Who the hell is looking out for the middle class anymore? Anyone? Why do we elect these self serving criminals to public office, only to have them sell out American to the highest corporate or foreign bidder?

Last edited by hawkeye2009; 06-13-2015 at 05:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2015, 05:31 PM

76,959 posts, read 47,966,515 times
The posters here sound like they are scared to death of her. Personally I do not think she will even get the "D" nomination.

Old 06-13-2015, 05:47 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,588,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The posters here sound like they are scared to death of her. Personally I do not think she will even get the "D" nomination.
I think you are confusing fear with mild revulsion based on a profound disrespect of her sleazy and untrustworthy conduct.

As far as her winning the D nomination, I am inclined to agree with you. She is going through the motions and completely taking her supporters for granted.

I mean, "economic equality?" Really? You cannot make this stuff up.

Surely even the Democrats have to have more self respect than to just lap up this putridly unbelievable crap without some serious push-back. They do, don't they?

Old 06-13-2015, 05:50 PM

79,911 posts, read 44,505,863 times
How is this going to work? Is the government going to grant everyone the power to sell access to foriegn companies?

Old 06-13-2015, 05:55 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,967,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
I think you are confusing fear with mild revulsion based on a profound disrespect of her sleazy and untrustworthy conduct.

As far as her winning the D nomination, I am inclined to agree with you. She is going through the motions and completely taking her supporters for granted.

I mean, "economic equality?" Really? You cannot make this stuff up.

Surely even the Democrats have to have more self respect than to just lap up this putridly unbelievable crap without some serious push-back. They do, don't they?
Recent history would say no they don't.

Old 06-13-2015, 06:12 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,448,855 times
This just does not seem like an effective kick-off for Hillary. It's a hanging curve ball for Bernie Sanders and for the Republicans.

The Hillary 2016 campaign at this point is floundering. There is lots of time to recover, but at this point, if I were a Hillary supporter I would be concerned.

Old 06-13-2015, 06:19 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,536,285 times
Cankles in a Pantsuit.

Old 06-13-2015, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
This just does not seem like an effective kick-off for Hillary. It's a hanging curve ball for Bernie Sanders and for the Republicans.

The Hillary 2016 campaign at this point is floundering. There is lots of time to recover, but at this point, if I were a Hillary supporter I would be concerned.
She is trying to sell the same idea as the GOP candidates are trying to sell, and since none of them are poor either, I don't see what the outrage is all about. Of course they will all sell themselves as the solution to income equality. What they have in the bank has nothing to do with their abillity (or inability) to solve the issue.

Old 06-13-2015, 06:52 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 4,003,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
She is trying to sell the same idea as the GOP candidates are trying to sell,....
Mm. Are the GOP candidates selling gun control, and Planned Parenthood abortions, and open borders, and income equality, and health care insurance mandates?

Old 06-13-2015, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Mm. Are the GOP candidates selling gun control, and Planned Parenthood abortions, and open borders, and income equality, and health care insurance mandates?
The topic here is her selling (trying to) solutions income equality. Pay attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies