Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2014, 12:52 AM

654 posts, read 1,252,762 times

Advertisements

I watch the late night shows and I noticed that the shows did some re-runs during those days/weeks.
I noticed now that they are back on the air, no mention of the riots, no mention of any of what happened.

Usually, these late night shows will make fun of anything that dominates the news....not this time...but why...they always make fun of things somehow.

Not David Letterman, not the new guy that took over for Jay Leno, not the ABC guy (Jimmy Kimmel) nor Seth Myers.

Anybody watch anything different?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 12:54 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,214,932 times
It's probably hard to make jokes on a topic that gets people all riled up. There's no way to win a collective audience by discussing this topic.

Old 12-11-2014, 12:56 AM

2,687 posts, read 2,190,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestgump99 View Post
I watch the late night shows and I noticed that the shows did some re-runs during those days/weeks.
I noticed now that they are back on the air, no mention of the riots, no mention of any of what happened.

Usually, these late night shows will make fun of anything that dominates the news....not this time...but why...they always make fun of things somehow.

Not David Letterman, not the new guy that took over for Jay Leno, not the ABC guy (Jimmy Kimmel) nor Seth Myers.

lol

Are those things funny?

Why would they mention them?

They're comedy shows and these protests aren't exactly fodder for the kind of humor the hosts employ. Even the guests on these shows, sometimes politically active people themselves, don't all that often talk about politics on the late night talk shows. Sometimes they do, undoubtedly, but most of them are there to plug something and show they have a sense of humor.

Old 12-11-2014, 01:17 AM

6,412 posts, read 6,310,737 times
I don't usually hear them make light of death much unless it is a famous murderer such as OJ.

And the riots and looting were tiny compared to others in history. Nothing really funny about them either. Or maybe it's too soon.

Old 12-11-2014, 01:21 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,500,203 times
Quote:

Good, it's not a laughing matter, but has been discussed.

Bill O’Reilly returned to The Tonight Show on Tuesday for some friendly banter with Jimmy Fallon and some serious discussion about the unrest this week in Ferguson. .

Old 12-11-2014, 01:30 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,814,374 times
Quote:

Jon Stewart and Colbert have. Much more satirical than funny.

Old 12-11-2014, 07:08 AM

5,373 posts, read 5,180,265 times
Quote:

Thank god. I'm so sick of hearing about issues like Ferguson, which is just a bunch of everyone's mudslinging tied up into one partisan package.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies