Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 09:26 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,044,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blan View Post
does anyone agree with this video blog about the "evils" of thanks giving? -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_Tk...eVpjjbSnNARkuA
It is ridiculous considering that the Pilgrims turned about face and murdered and swindled the friendly Indians who taught the ungrateful pilgrims how to survive in the harsh environment of New England. But the SENTIMENT of Thanksgiving is a worthwhile one. And who doesn't like the 4-day weekend?

Old 11-30-2014, 09:31 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,179,108 times
Anyone that has guilt about the history of America is welcome to donate all of his land and possessions to the nearest Indian tribe. He should also considering entering some form of indentured servitude with the tribe to "pay back" for all the wrongs that the Europeans have done to the American Indians.

Either that or **** and eat your turkey.

Old 11-30-2014, 10:32 PM

398 posts, read 630,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
Burn down churches, kick puppies and stomp babies to death?
you would think so with the way things are going and the marxist media is engineering things

Old 11-30-2014, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
there is a multitude of ills that do not enter the body thru the mind when one is grateful.
furgusen would never have happened if the lesson of gratitude had been practiced by all.
to say that we ripped off the indians is correct but ignores the fact that the indians ripped off each other on a regular basis. wars were ongoing among the tribes. we were however better at ripping off people bek we pretended to be their friends while we did it.
not good. but that is about greed and treachery , not about gratitude.
i think this a wise outlook

Old 11-30-2014, 11:18 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,797,305 times
Racist?

I don't think so. I always heap plenty of white and dark meat on my plate on t-day.
And some cranberry, sweet potatoes, and green beans too. All colors are welcome at my table!

Old 11-30-2014, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supachai View Post
anyone that has guilt about the history of america is welcome to donate all of his land and possessions to the nearest indian tribe. He should also considering entering some form of indentured servitude with the tribe to "pay back" for all the wrongs that the europeans have done to the american indians.

Either that or **** and eat your turkey.
usa! Usa! Usa! Usa!

Old 11-30-2014, 11:38 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,434,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blan View Post
does anyone agree with this video blog about the "evils" of thanks giving? -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_Tk...eVpjjbSnNARkuA
Although I agree with him. I find that backing the "president" is a bit contradictory in a sense that we (the U.S.) did not stop colonizing other parts of the world for natural resources. We're still sending our soldiers overseas for black gold. And, we are imposing sanctions on countries where families and children are starving, and drones bombing civilian territory.. how is that not the same as to what the person in the video opposes?

I get the gist of what he's saying, but passing an amnesty law doesn't make him a purple star Nobel peace prize winner... when drones still be droppin bombs on innocent victims. (although, being president isn't easy either especially if you don't want your life assassinated- politics in this country is a crock of corporatist monolithic bullsh*t)

Old 11-30-2014, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
It is ridiculous considering that the Pilgrims turned about face and murdered and swindled the friendly Indians who taught the ungrateful pilgrims how to survive in the harsh environment of New England. But the SENTIMENT of Thanksgiving is a worthwhile one. And who doesn't like the 4-day weekend?
I think you confuse the pilgrims with the Puritans. but hey all white people are alike what is the point of understanding the difference between them they are all the same right?

Old 11-30-2014, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
Although I agree with him. I find that backing the "president" is a bit contradictory in a sense that we (the U.S.) did not stop colonizing other parts of the world for natural resources. We're still sending our soldiers overseas for black gold. And, we are imposing sanctions on countries where families and children are starving, and drones bombing civilian territory.. how is that not the same as to what the person in the video opposes?

I get the gist of what he's saying, but passing an amnesty law doesn't make him a purple star Nobel peace prize winner... when drones still be droppin bombs on innocent victims. (although, being president isn't easy either especially if you don't want your life assassinated- politics in this country is a crock of corporatist monolithic bullsh*t)
yeah but the important thing is you still agree with this fruit cake right?

Old 11-30-2014, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Racist?

I don't think so. I always heap plenty of white and dark meat on my plate on t-day.
And some cranberry, sweet potatoes, and green beans too. All colors are welcome at my table!
My man!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.