Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 10:11 AM

33,012 posts, read 27,670,514 times

Advertisements

It's the landlords with whom I have a problem; they redistribute vastly more income than the average ghetto dweller.

Old 08-28-2014, 10:44 AM

59,543 posts, read 27,874,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
thats the problem with conservative whites. they see blacks as one and not individuals. when whitey goes on a rampage killing people does it give white people a bad name?

conservative whites needs to wake up in that regard.
The problem with liberals is that they ignor any statement they don't like, such as, "Fortunately THEY are NOT the majority of blacks."

Many blacks should wake up and NOT accuse anyone who says something negative about a black as being racist.

For instance if I say "i don't like Obama's position on xxxxx", I am called a racist just because I don't agree with his position.

Old 08-28-2014, 10:45 AM

14,241 posts, read 5,809,370 times
Per the title question, here's who I have a problem with - anyone who blames someone other than themselves for their lot in life. If that someone getting blame is me, based on nothing more than my membership in some scapegoated socioeconomic category, then I have a serious problem with that person/group assigning said blame.

Now, if such a person is black, than that's the kind of black person I have a problem with. But take very detailed note that skin color in my world is incidental and meaningless outside categorization. I base my feelings towards others on their words and deeds, not their genetically dictated melanin content.

Old 08-28-2014, 10:46 AM

3,440 posts, read 3,489,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P View Post
Let me preface what I am about to say with a statement.Racism is inefficiency, a waste, a strategy to divide and conquer and a learned behavior. This is not directed at everyone. You know in your heart whether this pertains to you. That being said there are some thingsI have to get off my chest.
I am tickled pink by the way so many ignorant white folks choose to try to define the majority of Black folk by our lowest common denominator. The least educated, the disenfranchised, those who just don’t know any better or care any more. There are losers in all races!
I watch folks come on City-Data and waste HOURS out of their day posting about race race race. Why Blacks this why Blacks that. Blacks need to do this, Blacks need to do that. Oh woe is me the reverse racism of Blacks makes your life so unbearable.

Admit that you need this lower grouping of black folks to make YOURSELF feel better about YOURSELF. That coworker, that supervisor, that guy who guy who pulls up in a nicer car has a nicer house, the president, the attorney general, that guy who just got that promotion, those guys make you feel bad about you. Admit it you need the ghetto dwellers in all their ignorance when you want to just get it out, ya know call folks animals and thugs and every other slick epithet you can get away with in mixed company.

You want to say it to me, you really do! Son of a Veteran, Me with my clean jail records hundreds of thousands of dollars in my bank account nice car nice clothes, well spoken, well educated, well dressed kids. Land owner, home owner, property owner, landlord. It tickles me pink at the job with FOX News droning on in the back-ground you complain about government handouts affirmative action and reverse racism. Poor you. I ask again. Which Blacks do you have a problem with?

You make light of your station in life when you look so hard to find someone that you are better than. You are barely middle class by the skin of your teeth in this pro-corporate economy. It sucks for everyone.

If you could get off of the race thing you could have “EASILY”made Obama a one term president. Obama,Geitner, Holder all of em were like Harriet Tubman on the Underground railroad clearing the way for the escape of the Wall St Crooks and Banks that stole so much wealth from this country. All it took was Fox News blaming the housing market crash on the Jimmy Carter administration for forcing Freddie and Fannie to give home loans to Blacks. Just like that it was Blacks fault and the most pressing issue was Obama’s Birth Certificate. Ever heard of the term “Useful Idiots”

So You’re better than the so called ghetto Blacks, but in your own circles you’re the lower end of the spectrum, the trash, the ones always playing the victim looking for a hand out. You’re not a mover you’re not a shaker. You’re just a cog in the machine with no particular value. If you weren’t you wouldn’t be on City-Data being unproductive trying to equate well doing black folks with the worst offof their race.

I don’t absolve Black folks or any kind of folks of stupidity, wastefulness and self destruction.

Seriously this is how the system works. If there weren’t so many males in jail exactly what would they be doing in “THIS ECONOMY”? You think its hard right now getting a job!!! You kill this systematic Prison Industrial system and add a whopping percentage of able bodied (non Violent offenders) men to the work force in addition to the un-needed number of corrections officers to an already saturated labor market. What are they gonna do? Are we upgrading the power grid? Refurbishing schools redoing our ancient infrastructure , roads etc.
Too busy being jealous of the next man while transnational Corps pick "All Our Pockets Clean". Be glad you are where you are in life and that you have the time to waste on City-Data, there are folks working 2-3 jobs and still aren’t making it. Quit pointing fingers for self gratification, quit blaming everything on others and do your best to improve your own situation.
So you listen to wilkow. This was his rant yesturday.

Old 08-28-2014, 10:46 AM

53,609 posts, read 35,497,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Chris Rock has weighed in on the issue.

"White boys"? LOL....hey KillaP....here is someone you should be talking to.
more than you know.. you should have seen his later post that was edited out - classic whining about forked tongue whitey, whities speaking like homosexuals, etc.

Old 08-28-2014, 10:52 AM

3,440 posts, read 3,489,242 times
To sort of answer your question:

I have a problem with anyone who is a what can you do for me person instead of what can i do for you. Skin color has nothing to do with it. If all you are about is a hand out i have a problem with you. If you need a hand up i will help you. But better yourself because i will not tolerate waste and expected help. Better yourself or leach on someone else.

Of course the real disabled ( mental and physical and elderly and children) cant fend for themselves and must be taken care of. The rest need to work in some compacity to contribute to society.

Old 08-28-2014, 11:23 AM

29,705 posts, read 16,775,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Oh you mean just like the way you are grouping conservative whites as one and not individuals?

Honestly, I find conservative whites are more often than not more willing to look and judge the individual. I have found in my personal experience very few liberal whites who actually consider black people as individuals.
A lot of people group others who arent like them regardless of ideology.

I live in the South, most of my friends who are white are also conservatives. Facebook and twitter debates happen all the time among friends and then friends of friends. And yet people who dont know me only look at the color of my skin in my profile pick and assume I have either been to jail, dont have a job, on food stamps/welfare or dropped out of high school.

could liberals be doing the same thing, sure, but i dont encounter it at the same level as conservatives. maybe, just maybe everyone should step back and not stereotype others.

Old 08-28-2014, 11:29 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,069,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
To sort of answer your question:

I have a problem with anyone who is a what can you do for me person instead of what can i do for you. Skin color has nothing to do with it. If all you are about is a hand out i have a problem with you. If you need a hand up i will help you. But better yourself because i will not tolerate waste and expected help. Better yourself or leach on someone else.

Of course the real disabled ( mental and physical and elderly and children) cant fend for themselves and must be taken care of. The rest need to work in some compacity to contribute to society.

Great answer.

Old 08-28-2014, 11:45 AM

26,691 posts, read 14,696,052 times
"According to the BJS non-Hispanic blacks accounted for 39.4% of the prison and jail population in 2009" while blacks are only 12% of the total population.

Race and crime in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Go fix that problem so that we can talk.

Old 08-28-2014, 11:57 AM

1,091 posts, read 1,963,099 times
It's not about color, it's about behavior. "Bill Cosby"

http://www.californiaindianeducation...me_whites.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies