Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 08:49 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times

Advertisements

Good. We didn't need it anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2014, 10:14 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Good. We didn't need it anyway.
Yea, especially if you are someone who doesn't work and others pay your way. You don't have to worry about rising prices.

Old 07-04-2014, 10:30 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yea, especially if you are someone who doesn't work and others pay your way. You don't have to worry about rising prices.
Petch, it wasn't going to help us much, and it was going to allow a Canadian company to use eminent domain to take citizens homes while adding significant risk to our environment.

But of course you take it as an excuse to personally attack another poster.

Old 07-05-2014, 05:30 AM

1,143 posts, read 1,079,997 times
Quote:
Petch, it wasn't going to help us much, and it was going to allow a Canadian company to use eminent domain to take citizens homes while adding significant risk to our environment.
Oh give me a break..Remember the Alaskan pipeline which was supposed to be an environmental disaster in the making--- obviously that turned out to be total "BS". So take your gloom and doom the sky is falling bull and shove you know where!

Old 07-05-2014, 05:34 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
Oh give me a break..Remember the Alaskan pipeline which was supposed to be an environmental disaster in the making--- obviously that turned out to be total "BS". So take your gloom and doom the sky is falling bull and shove you know where!
Calm down and turn off Fox News. Your Fox Geezer Syndrome is showing

Old 07-05-2014, 08:50 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
No pipeline means job security for me with huge paychecks.

So based on the idiot in the WH, I have sold my T-310R and am negotiating to purchase this Piper PA-31T Cheyenne.

1981 PIPER SUPER CHEYENNE Turboprop Aircraft For Sale At Controller.com

Old 07-05-2014, 09:09 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Calm down and turn off Fox News. Your Fox Geezer Syndrome is showing
If President Obama continues to enrage wingnuts, I will remain a happy man.

Keep up the GREAT work Mr. President!

Old 07-05-2014, 11:46 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Yup oil pipelines are perfectly safe...No chance of a spill at all...

List of pipeline accidents in the United States in the 21st century - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-05-2014, 11:57 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Yup oil pipelines are perfectly safe...No chance of a spill at all...

List of pipeline accidents in the United States in the 21st century - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
And the fact that this one would transverse the Ogallala Aquifer, and that a spill there would be devastating to up to 80 percent of the people of the Great Plains and millions of acres of agriculture, is of little or no consequence to the supporters of this pipeline. Not when the profits of an oil company weigh in the balance.

I hope to God this project is really dead in the U.S.

Old 07-05-2014, 12:01 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
The economic hardships Americans will suffer because of Keystone outweigh any potential environmental.

Also, you have committed a fallacy just like you idol and patron saint Herr Josef Göbbels:

Suppressed Evidence

Intentionally failing to use information suspected of being relevant and significant is committing the fallacy of suppressed evidence. This fallacy usually occurs when the information counts against one’s own conclusion.

Is the dwindling supply of oil coming through TAPS (Trans-Alaskan Pipeline System) mixed with Toluene?

No...it isn't.

Is it that oil mixed with other petroleum distillates in order to get it flow?

No...it isn't.

So, why did you lie?

Tar Sands is mixed with petroleum distillates because tar doesn't flow through pipelines.

Why don't all you Key-tards run on down to your local Ace Hardware and get a big 5 gallon can of tar?

Canadian Tar Sands is even more viscous than that. While you're at Ace Hardware, why don't you buy a few cans of Toluene or other petroleum distillates and mix it with the tar so that it has the same viscosity as oil?

Be sure to drink a glass of the petroleum distillate.

Oh, you don't want to do that because those are poisons?

Ah, I see.

If oil gets on the ground, that's sad, but I'm not going to get bent out of shape......when you start dumping poisons into the ground that kill all life, that's a different story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
You don't have to worry about rising prices.
The stop Fracking and stop supporting Keystone.

Fracking increases oil prices. The minute you stop Fracking, or the minute you repeal the law signed by Republican Gerald Ford banning oil exports, then the price of gasoline will start to fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
This will be a KEY part of his "Legacy" ...... tie America's Energy Security to the Arab Mid-East and STOP North American Energy Security. Mark this down - it was a long struggle for Team Obama to stop our Energy Security.
That's a lie.

You import less OPEC oil now than you did during the Bush, Clinton and Bush Administrations.

In 2013, you imported 3.57 Billion barrels of oil.

732 Million barrels came from the Persian Gulf....or 20%

So you failed again.

The US does not use oil for electricity....

Equivocation

Equivocation is the illegitimate switching of the meaning of a term during the reasoning.

....and we get a Göbbels-style fallacy from you.

Quote:
For your info I have one foot in the grave....
Really?

How can we help?

Quote:
What really matters to me and "pisses" me off to no end is what this "Bastard" in the WH is doing to ruin the future of my children!
Um, your children's Future was ruined before you were even born.

Your Future was ruined by Teddy Roosevelt, the idiot Wilson, FDR, Truman and Eisentyrant.

JFK, LBJ, Nixon, Carter, Reagan, Bush cemented your Future of Doom in 90 mile-thick concrete.

Clinton, Bush and Obama have done a great job of painting that concrete dome in an nice shade of battleship-gray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
A no-brainer (building the pipeline)....
So, you want gasoline prices to increase?

Show us your intelligence by proving that 4-7 gallons of gasoline from Canadian Tar Sands is more than 19 gallons of gasoline from West Texas Intermediate or 22-24 gallons from Basra Light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
He's just trying to keep us dependent on Middle East oil so he can keep us involved in wars like the one in Iraq. He sees himself as the world dictator.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Means if we as a country do not control our resources in America we have to depend on Middle East Crazies as a supply source.
That is so wrong as to not even be funny.

Only 20% of your imports come from the Persian Gulf......so...who looks stupid now?

Your lasting and continuing involvement in the Middle East has to do with the Petro-Dollar, and not necessarily your consumption of oil.

Learn and understand the difference. You need to control the sources of oil and natural gas and other minerals to protect the US Dollar, not fuel your cars.

Ignorance is not impressive....

Mircea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies