Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 05:08 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,427,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
If the concept of this thread is true, then why do "conservatives" get all pissy when I don't want to pay for a corrupt police force, or a military that I don't agree with?

That is the sick thing about Repubs, Tea Partiers, and "conservatives", they act like they understand self-ownership when it comes to topics like healthcare and welfare, but they still say they have the authority to use my money to put peaceful people behind bars and to blow up innocent civilians.

Yeah, liberals are bad about being entitled to other peoples money, mainstream modern "conservatism" is NO better. They think they own you and your money just as much because they think their causes are "important".

Heck, you guys want me, an open borders guy to help finance walling ourselves off from the world.

I am not a liberal, I am just someone who is actually principled on the subject of self-ownership.
Ignoring that national defense is an explicit function of the government, when have the republicans unilaterally sent troops to battle or blown up innocent children?

Old 06-30-2014, 05:24 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,505,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Ignoring that national defense is an explicit function of the government, when have the republicans unilaterally sent troops to battle or blown up innocent children?
Nice framing. I didn't say anything about "republicans unilaterally sending troops to blow up innocent children."

I said that Republicans advocate taking money from me by force to pay for warfare I don't agree with.... and then they complain when their money is taken by force for something they don't agree with.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:25 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,205,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Then there are those who know if you want to tax em into oblivion it's only natural that they would offshore everything they can. Duh!
Then what happens if you have your way is others have to pay more to make up for that loss. You may not have a problem with that, but most people will. The majority of the people eligible for those can easily remain affluent without that loophole.

If you are a citizen, you should be willing to pay your fair share of taxes and it is especially true for those that want to send others off to long wars when they have never served IMO. The injured and traumatized returning veterans deserve our assistance and so do families that have lost a veteran. Then Bush/Cheney started the faith based initiatives that are supported by taxpayers. Agnostics, atheists, and those in other religions also are forced to pay taxes to support it. I am guessing you won't oppose that.

Furthermore, the red states take in more from the government and give less while the blue states take less and give more. More than one study confirms that.

Blue state, red face: Guess who benefits more from your taxes?.

Logic, facts, and common sense > head slaps.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:33 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,505,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
If you are a citizen, you should be willing to pay your fair share of taxes .
What if I don't agree with what the money funds and I refuse to pay? Oh yeah, people like you send people with guns to threaten violence on me and take my property.

Seriously, You CAN NOT believe this AND believe in individual freedom. If you believe in individual freedom, you believe in self-ownership. If you believe in self-ownership; taxes are theft unless they are completely voluntary.

You don't care if anybody is "willing" to pay, you will just use violence and force them if they aren't. I know that I am surely not willing to pay for this constant warfare or the forming police state. I am not willing to pay for lazy people to live off the system, or for druggies to continue their habits.

I would be willing to pay for roads and such if I could do it without paying for the stuff I don't agree with, but you and "conservatives" are the same, willing to use violent force on people to take the fruits of their labor.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:36 PM

Just to be balanced, there are times when complaints are perfectly legitimate. I agree that the recent IRS scandal targeting conservatives was wrong and conservatives had every right to want answers and get it stopped. I try to look at each issue from the merits and do not always automatically oppose conservatives or support liberals. Obama should have spoken out against it sooner, too. I say that as someone who voted for him.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:40 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,400,905 times
Quote:
Liberals accuse republicans and tea party of trying to stop them from doing what they choose to do. They refuse to get ... Go ahead, you are free,

WE JUST DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR YOUR CHOICES.
Why not? We also pay for yours.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
What if I don't agree with what the money funds and I refuse to pay? Oh yeah, people like you send people with guns to threaten violence on me and take my property.

Seriously, You CAN NOT believe this AND believe in individual freedom. If you believe in individual freedom, you believe in self-ownership. If you believe in self-ownership; taxes are theft unless they are completely voluntary.

You don't care if anybody is "willing" to pay, you will just use violence and force them if they aren't. I know that I am surely not willing to pay for this constant warfare or the forming police state. I am not willing to pay for lazy people to live off the system, or for druggies to continue their habits.

I would be willing to pay for roads and such if I could do it without paying for the stuff I don't agree with, but you and "conservatives" are the same, willing to use violent force on people to take the fruits of their labor.
Believing people should pay their fair share is somehow being equated to coming after you with violence and force??? I never mentioned a penalty, just stated a philosophy. I certainly do not believe in the government coming after you or anyone else with violent force. You have a talent for putting words in people's mouth, but this one could qualify for the standup comedy circuit. LOL.

Seriously, I would always support due process for the taxpayer and he/she be given a chance to explain their position in a fair setting with legal representation. It would be nice if we could pick and choose what we pay for. That is not the system we have and not realistic. We should eliminate the unnecessary things and I totally agree with what you say about eliminating the constant warfare.

Old 06-30-2014, 06:08 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,040,177 times
Quote:
Liberals accuse republicans and tea party of trying to stop them from doing what they choose to do. They refuse to get ... Go ahead, you are free,

WE JUST DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR YOUR CHOICES.
I love how posting totally random threads full of nothing but ignorance and hatred is apparently okay by the code of conduct around here.

We get it - we see you all over this forum spouting off right-wing nonsense... even though I doubt you could even DEFINE a "liberal" except as "somebody who doesn't agree with you" or "somebody who refuses to blame Obama for everything and pretend the nation was in perfect shape right up until January, 2009."

Oh, and for the record, it's right-wing extremists who are trying to crush the freedom of others, not your boogie-man liberals.

Old 06-30-2014, 06:55 PM

260 posts, read 195,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
In todays world, the chosen few getting special privileges others do not get, is now called freedom, while tyranny encapsulates those that are not the chosen ones.
You know you went so far over so many heads a lot here think they saw a UFO?

Old 06-30-2014, 07:00 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,284,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Liberals are the living embodiment of the term "victim". Victims are who they are as a result of their own choices but yet they feel like it's someone else's fault for their misfortunes.
Hmm--you mean like the way rightwingers keep blaming Obama and liberals for all their problems?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies