Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 01:44 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,661,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
So you do not believe the writings in Isaiah or Revelation.
I certainly do but I don't understand them to say what people who believe the British Israelism blasphemy started by HW Armstrong and his " Worldwide Church of God" understands them to. It's amazing how teachings that were totally rejected by the church universal during Armstrong's lifetime are now accepted as the Gospel by the American RWNJ so called "Christian Right",
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2014, 02:24 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,723,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
You call the words of the Christian Bible nonsense.. God's word..God's word on Israel

And I will make you a great nation, And I will bless you, And make your name great; And so you shall be a blessing;
Well, if you believe that stuff all I can say is it didn't happen yet.

Israel is not a great nation.

The name Israel is not great.

Israel is certainly not a blessing to this world.

Maybe in another one or two thousand years..LOL

Old 06-22-2014, 02:35 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,723,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
No problem, Israel DOES NOT WANT OR NEED money from the US. Just be prepared when Israel, perhaps with the most advanced tech on earth, starts selling its wares to china, russia and other enemies of the US, that when we stop funding them - we'll have zero leverage over them.

Go look up "Lavi fighter jet" and israel-china radar jamming; the US was able to stop those programs/sales BECAUSE of its aid - when that aid stops, Israel will, like every other country on earth, protect its own interests instead of acting as a US vassal state - and will tell the US to "take a hike" the next time it asks for a sale to be dropped.

Adults understand the complex relationships at work here, do you?
Well, it's certainly plain to me!

As I have known for a long time, Israel does not care for the rest of the world (especially the USA), only themselves. They don't even pretend to have morals anymore.

Their actions with their jets; isn't there a criminal term for that?

Let them sell those things to whomever. They probably are already.

I spent some time there, and talked to lots of Israelis, old and young.
I have no idea why the US is enamored with Israel and I wish it would stop!

Old 06-22-2014, 03:32 PM

47,525 posts, read 70,089,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post

It's the greatest nation in all the Middle East. It's the only one with normal people.

Old 06-22-2014, 03:39 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,463,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's the greatest nation in all the Middle East. It's the only one with normal people.
Said no one who's ever actually traveled. Normal people are everywhere.

Old 06-22-2014, 04:13 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,944,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
Said no one who's ever actually traveled. Normal people are everywhere.
He meant it's the best in his little xenophobic world. Which, sadly, is probably the truth.

Old 06-22-2014, 04:23 PM

33,638 posts, read 18,375,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post

For its size it is great. It has come a long way and will continue to flourish.

For being a devote Christian why do you question what God has said?.. I don't think you are what you say.

Old 06-22-2014, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Everything written is true?
Everything written in the Bible is true. One cannot pick and choose what is true in the Bible. Either you are a believer or you are not.

Old 06-22-2014, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Yep, it's the fundamentalist Christians that insist we keep sending billions of dollars to Israel. They won't get into heaven if we don't.
This country has sent billions of dollars to its enemies. Israel is not the enemy.

Old 06-22-2014, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I have no problem if a fundamentalist Christian believes that supporting, dying and fighting for Israel gets you a ticket to heaven.

What I do have a problem with is sending my sons and daughters or sons and daughters of other Americans to die for their biblical beliefs. They should put there money where there mouth is and send only their sons and daughters into battle to die for a middle east war they see as fulfilling biblical prophecy.
No one said it is a ticket to heaven. Jesus Christ never said it nor did God. One will be blessed if they support Israel. That is no ticket to heaven. One must be born of the spirit of God through Jesus Christ and accepting his word and following him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies