Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 09:11 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,883,664 times

Advertisements

I think he probably is... and I respect that immensely!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2014, 09:13 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,879,951 times
huh? on what basis? Jimmy Carter is one of the most failed presidents... honesty didn't make him fail... quite the opposite...

Old 04-11-2014, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
huh? on what basis? Jimmy Carter is one of the most failed presidents... honesty didn't make him fail... quite the opposite...

I'm just talking about the fact that he was very honest with the American people. I respect that. that is all.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:16 AM

32,820 posts, read 19,513,881 times
uhm jimmy 'peanut' carter told many lies

Old 04-11-2014, 09:19 AM

13,308 posts, read 7,882,821 times
Jimmy Carter appears to have been the only "outsider" to become president.

And look what they had to do to get him out.

Outsiders are always regarded by insider supporters as naive.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post

How can you say he was horrible? He saved the currency. He fought runaway double digit inflation that was gifted to him by Nixon. how do you think your Presidency would do if you had to raise interest rates to double digits so as to save the currency because your predecessor passed the buck to you? Also the last time the debt in this country was low was when Carter was Pres. he wasnt all bad..Plus he was honest. You have no idea how badly I desire an honest politician now.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:23 AM

13,308 posts, read 7,882,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
How can you say he was horrible? He saved the currency. He fought runaway double digit inflation that was gifted to him by Nixon. how do you think your Presidency would do if you had to raise interest rates to double digits so as to save the currency because your predecessor passed the buck to you? Also the last time the debt in this country was low was when Carter was Pres. he wasnt all bad..Plus he was honest. You have no idea how badly I desire an honest politician now.
Yes, Nixon handed him the fast transition to petro-dollars.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:27 AM

702 posts, read 727,551 times
Nope, William Harrison.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:30 AM

32,820 posts, read 19,513,881 times
Quote:
he wasnt honest....

During the 1976 political campaign, Carter repeatedly told the nation that he was going to get rid of the Establishment Insiders if he became president. But when he took office, he promptly filled his Administration with members of the Council on Foreign Relations (284 to be exact) and The Trilateral Commission, the two most prominent insider organizations in America. Included in this list of members of The Trilateral Commission were Walter Mondale and Dr. Henry Kissinger.

In 1973, Jimmy Carter became a student of Zbigniew Brzezinski , and a founding member of the Trilateral Commission.

On March 21, 1978, "The New York Times" featured an article about Zbigniew Brzezinski's close relationship with the President. In part, it reads: "The two men met for the first time four years ago when mr. Brzezinski was executive director of The Trilateral Commission… and had the foresight to ask the then obscure former Governor of Georgia to join its distinguished ranks. Their initial teacher-student relationship blossomed during the campaign, and appears to have grown closer still."

To think that the teacher in this relationship praised Marxism, and wanted to form a one-world government. And the student was to become ghe President of the united States.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:34 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,469,809 times
Quote:
I think he probably is... and I respect that immensely!
First of all, I doubt that's true.

Second, respecting a president who doesn't lie is a mistake I think. It should be expected that a president will lie. Presidents should lie. The issue should be what they are lying about.

Reporters always have and always will ask questions whose answers, if honest, would affect national security.

It's when they lie like Obama does, continuously and purely for personal political gain, that it becomes a serious problem. It becomes even more of a problem if the lie like Obama does, to protect their own reputation at the expense of American people.

For example, the Secretary of Defense already admitted that he knew Benghazi was a terrorist attack within hours of it happening. Yet, the maker of the film that the administration tried to blame for the attack ended up spending a year in prison. An innocent man spent a year in prison to bolster a lie told by Obama. A lie told purely to enhance his re-election campaign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies