Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 09:50 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,846,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Why do conservatives trust corporations so much? It's human nature to very mistakenly believe that anybody is on our side.
Corporations? Who trust corporations. Why can't you dim witted liberals understand that corporations and government are in bed together.

You do realize that you want big government you also give corporations more power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2014, 09:51 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,874,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Corporations? Who trust corporations. Why can't you dim witted liberals understand that corporations and government are in bed together.

You do realize that you want big government you also give corporations more power.
You don't know I'm a liberal. Who's dim-witted here?

Old 04-08-2014, 09:52 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,430,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
You're a young, black liberal from the NE... you were born and raised to blindly vote for people like Obama for the rest of your life. If your life has improved since Obama became POTUS it's only because someone else is paying your way a little more than before.
Actually, my father is a registered Republican and has been for over twenty years

My life has improved because I found a young tech profession for a good firm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
But they work for us, we elect them to represent us, so they can protect our rights and freedoms.

You lefties think we elect people to government so they can rule over us, and decide which rights and freedoms we should be allowed to exercise, and what restrictions on those rights and freedoms they can impose on us.
I don't think anyone in the "liberal" camp believes this. This is called projection. What are you so afraid of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Tell that to the millions of of the unemployed and those who have dropped out of the labor force completely, and the millions of people who have been added to the poverty rolls under Obama's presidency.
Cite the policies of the Obama Administration that have caused millions of unemployed to drop out of the labor force. Hell, cite one economic policy.

I can think of one right now that the Republican House blocked: the jobs bill.

Quote:
The government is by its very nature, slow, expensive, and inefficient.
So make it better and stop complaining about it. People like you spend more time bitching about the government and obstructing it than trying to do anything positive in the community.

Quote:
Liberals and government don't care because their money isn’t on the line. Government don’t go out of business when they fail. So, the more we keep the functions handled by the federal government at an absolute minimum, the better off we will tend to be as a nation.
The government doesn't play by the same financial rules as a business. That is what you can't comprehend. The government is a currency issuer, responsible for the money supply and economic environment. The government is not a currency user (a business). It's subsistence is not profit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
Why do you over-generalize so much?
Generalizations are the only thing most conservatives can comprehend.

Quote:
If you take money off the government then yes, someone else is out there working and money is confiscated from them by government to pay your way. Why are you not ashamed of someone else working to put food on your table. At least be appreciative.
Government workers are paid for by printed dollars. They don't take a cent out of the private sector to get paid. Why did Congress still get paid during the shutdown?

Quote:
And everyone knows the majority of blacks vote Democrat. Politicians who take your vote for granted because they know they don't have to work for it.

Why do you call stating the obvious attacking.
I vote Democrat for two reasons:

1) Close minded people like you make up the GOP
2) I don't trust the obstructionist, plutocratic GOP with a potato gun

Democrats are the lesser of two evil in my opinion. They are the only party governing on policy currently.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:52 AM

3,555 posts, read 4,109,897 times
Quote:

Yet you argue for smaller government to get out of the way of corporation, thus making them more powerful...so what exactly is your argument?

Old 04-08-2014, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Yet you argue for smaller government to get out of the way of corporation, thus making them more powerful...so what exactly is your argument?
Smaller government. Less ability for big business to bribe government. Power to the people!

Old 04-08-2014, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
They are told to argue that government should get out of way. With government out of the way, corporations will have no restrictions.

The Tea Party faction of extremists is funded by billionaires. All they have to do is brainwash their followers by selling them a false illusion of "freedom" from a "tyrannical" government.

Why else would so many poor and working class individuals be so hell bent on denying their own demographic group health care? Why are middle class and lower income folks so angry about minimum wage hikes?

The whole thing is just comical.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
They are told to argue that government should get out of way. With government out of the way, corporations will have no restrictions.

The Tea Party faction of extremists is funded by billionaires. All they have to do is brainwash their followers by selling them a false illusion of "freedom" from a "tyrannical" government.

Why else would so many poor and working class individuals be so hell bent on denying their own demographic group health care? Why are middle class and lower income folks so angry about minimum wage hikes?

The whole thing is just comical.
Government is too expensive. They will always want to take more of our money. That is tyrannical government. It's not something of the future, it's happening right now.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:01 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,582,917 times
Quote:
which part?
I wasn't responding to you, but to the title of this thread.

However, you did the same thing. It's dishonest to lump all liberals into one group and to write in absolutes, thus creating a liberal 'boogeyman' that doesn't exist. Most everyone who lives or works here has something at stake when the government does something irrational.

My future is in jeopardy because of government idiocy as we speak, meaning my money is very well on the line.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Government is too expensive. They will always want to take more of our money. That is tyrannical government. It's not something of the future, it's happening right now.
Do you have any data to back up the claim that government is "too expensive"....?

Like I said, the government is self-sustaining. The government needn't take a cent in tax revenues to actually fund itself.

You just can't get over your irrational hatred for government. Why are you so afraid?

Look, we get that you hate government. Stop trying to ruin our government for those who want a government for the people.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
Do you have any data to back up the claim that government is "too expensive"....?

Like I said, the government is self-sustaining. The government needn't take a cent in tax revenues to actually fund itself.
yep. Every time I have to write a huge check to the government every quarter is when I know we need smaller government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies