Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 05:48 PM

50,766 posts, read 47,652,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
I don't know of one right winger that desires to own a nuclear weapon, but I know plenty of left wingers like Feinstein that want them all off the streets. A fanatical zealot is someone who wants to take away and water down a Constitutional Right. And please stop spouting about common sense. Liberals want a national registry and database, and their Messiah in the rose garden pouted when he didn't get his way. Since all of these "common sense" proposed gun laws seem to involve a registry and database..I ask you..where is the common sense in allowing and revealing all firearms via database(except those that the criminals have) to an entity (government), in opposition of a 2nd Amendment which by it's nature was designed to protect people from it's government? That is like playing poker and revealing some of your cards to your opponent(s).
A registry would list every single gun EXCEPT the ones they are most worried about. It is the equivalent of making every single legal immigrant register in some new database because of the problem with illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2014, 06:05 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,204,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
That is your choice of arms, why should mine be limited to them?
There's already a line drawn... There are already arms (your word, not mine) that are deemed to dangerous to be owned by the public. You can't own hand grenades, or missiles, for example. The discussion is simply about where that line should be drawn. Your Constitutional rights come with some limitations.

Quote:
Registration always leads to confiscation.
I've registered every car I've ever owned. None have been confiscated. Never had my dog confiscated either for that matter. You need a better argument against registration, because I think the real argument is "I don't wanna..."

Old 04-09-2014, 06:19 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,773,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
There's already a line drawn... There are already arms (your word, not mine) that are deemed to dangerous to be owned by the public. You can't own hand grenades, or missiles, for example. The discussion is simply about where that line should be drawn. Your Constitutional rights come with some limitations.

I've registered every car I've ever owned. None have been confiscated. Never had my dog confiscated either for that matter. You need a better argument against registration, because I think the real argument is "I don't wanna..."
You can buy hand grenades and RPGs legally.

So because it has not happen yet it never will? I have never died, therefore I must be immortal..

This idea that just because it has not happened to you yet therefore it never will is just such a wrong view of the world..

Furthermore confiscations has and is happening.

How about this argument, it violates my 4th Amendment rights, as well as it being a infringement on my 2nd Amendment which says it shall not be infringed very clearly.

Old 04-10-2014, 12:05 PM

32,068 posts, read 37,063,685 times
Quote:
That is your choice of arms, why should mine be limited to them?
You're not limited to Glocks and tactical shotguns.

What is you want to buy that you can't?

Old 04-12-2014, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
You're not limited to Glocks and tactical shotguns.

What is you want to buy that you can't?
A post May 19th 1986 machine gun, either a Kriss Vector or a Select Fire M416, I can not buy one due to the Hughes Amendment which was illegally added to the final bill of the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986 after it failed a voice and recorded vote(which makes it illegal).

Their for my rights are infringed upon, Heller v DC futher proves this..

Old 04-12-2014, 04:44 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,846,070 times
Quote:
A post May 19th 1986 machine gun, either a Kriss Vector or a Select Fire M416,
Why would you want one?

Old 04-12-2014, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Why would you want one?
Ease of ownership

Cost of maintenance(its cheaper because the parts are far strong then that of semi autos)

Rate of fire

Proven reliability

Lack of Recoil

Control rate of fire

Accuracy in burst of automatic fire

As for the reasons

1. Constitutional Rights I have the right to buy, keep, own, them and I have the right to do so uninfriged.

2. Self Defense, I want the best possible tools for the job should my life be threatened

3. Competition, I am looking to doing some 3-Gun Sports

4. It is better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it...

Old 04-13-2014, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Why would you want one?
Quote:
Ease of ownership

Cost of maintenance(its cheaper because the parts are far strong then that of semi autos)

Rate of fire

Proven reliability

Lack of Recoil

Control rate of fire

Accuracy in burst of automatic fire

As for the reasons

1. Constitutional Rights I have the right to buy, keep, own, them and I have the right to do so uninfriged.

2. Self Defense, I want the best possible tools for the job should my life be threatened

3. Competition, I am looking to doing some 3-Gun Sports

4. It is better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it...
Weichert, no emotionaltic response?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies