Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 02:42 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,281,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
No. Frivolous lawsuits need to die. My guess is the girl's parents will sue the school.

[oh, the irony]
What the **** is so frivolous about parents seeking damages against a school that forced their child to get frost bite?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2014, 02:45 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,124,438 times
I would probably be in jail after I went and thumped a few of those teachers. This was a scheduled fire drill........exceptions need to be made in a situation like this............maybe like hey go dry off and get dressed then come out. None of the tyrants even cared most likely they were probably to busy screaming at everybody to be quiet and do what they're told or they will get detention.

Old 03-08-2014, 06:04 PM

13,620 posts, read 12,807,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I support public schools but unfortunately we have left out of the curriculum one of the most important lessons for our children.

Common sense.

half the population and practically every body on capital hill lacks "common sense"

Old 03-08-2014, 07:07 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,585,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
What the **** is so frivolous about parents seeking damages against a school that forced their child to get frost bite?
I didn't say their lawsuit would be frivolous. But there will be a lawsuit. In our super-litigious society, the school's policies that led to their actions with this girl were likely in response to lawsuits. But not all lawsuits are equal. Some are frivolous and some are genuine - but the school can't risk it so it overreacts.

[the irony is that in an effort to protect themselves from a lawsuit they're going to end up being sued anyway]

Old 03-08-2014, 11:34 PM

20,163 posts, read 16,342,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Many parents don't have the time or the will to see what their kids are learning in school.

Being self employed, I can look in on my kid. I can even sit in class and observe the curriculum.
I would pop into my daughters American history class weekly, to see what they were going to teach my daughter. All because of the progressive message they were driving.
It is not a good day, when a teacher corrects the spelling of the Hoover Dam, to Damn, right in front of a parent. She would mention party affiliation with every person in history. Until she said MLK was a Democrat. That put an end to that practice.
Yes, I corrected her on both occasions. Talk about upset that I had the audacity to correct her, in her classroom. Soon after we had a meeting with administration. She was trying to get me tossed. Didn't work and soon they had a sub, more than her, for the last half of the semester.

This is the same teacher that had a big poster of Barrack Obama hanging in her classroom on parent back to school night, in the fall of 2008.
Teachers like that need to be put on a work improvement plan. Misinformation and bias have no place in a classroom.

Old 03-08-2014, 11:42 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,124,438 times
No they need to be fired. Work Improvement Plan? What? You don't force a kid out into the cold in a "fire drill" and allow her to get frostbite. But............can't fire teachers so a Work Impro.........whatever. Just insanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies