Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 05:36 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,186,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Yes because unless you worked three jobs if you are on Medicare you are on the public dole. Most Medicare recipients will pull out way more in benefits than they ever put in. Where is the Tea Party when it comes to Medicare? They seem to be missing in action. By the way Medicare is not self sufficient and taxpayers fork over another $240 billion out of general revenues to support Medicare. Thats almost half the defense budget.

That is the way all insurance works. After a LIFETIME of making contributions during their working years people are entitled to actually start receving the benefits that they had to choice but to participate.

I can say the same about life insurance or social security.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:03 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,731,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Exactly what is taking place. We sit back with resistance and take it, while Obama's ignorant naïve lame supporters, support the lies. Which is worse, the lie, or those who make excuses for his lies.
Good observations
I think it's time we all stopped sitting back and took a firm stand so Washington will pay attention!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

Excellent piece! It should be read by anyone, pro or con, interested in the facts.

The health care reform law includes more than $200 billion in Medicare Advantage payment cuts, most of which have not gone into effect yet, and imposes a new health insurance tax that begins next year. As a result, Medicare Advantage plans are facing a reduction in payments in 2014 at the same time health care costs continue to rise.

Obama said early on that he was going to get rid of Advantage plans. Just because he doesn't like them because they stand in the way of funneling millions of people into his pet government insurance system!
Well, this is another group that was promised "if you like your plan you can keep your plan."

Old 03-06-2014, 07:22 AM

423 posts, read 415,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
yeah, those people should just DIE...

You are beyond ridiculous. Everyone screams about cuts in their programs. Remember the democrats whining when the GOP proposed a 4% cut in welfare, OVER 10 YEARS? Even as the economy improved, and there would be less demand for welfare?

I gotta love someone who is a non stop broken record on every one of their postings with the same thing over, and over, and over.. Is this all you have to say in life? I feel sorry for you.
The overwhelming majority of the OP's postings on this board are a personal affront to anyone with a modicum of intelligence. It's a true shame that there are people like him running around. While I hold dear the right to free speech, his incessant blathering is damn tough to stomach.

I'm sure I'll be made to sit in the corner for this post, but some things need to be said.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:39 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,968,600 times
NEWS FLASH: Everyone wants cuts to the government, just not to the programs they like or use.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:43 AM

59,400 posts, read 27,561,222 times
Quote:
This will be part of the Republican attack plan for 2014. Once again we will see Republicans-Tea Partiers running to the left of Democrats complaining about the very small cuts to Medicare. You would have thought Tea Partiers would be concerned about government spending but apparently Medicare is a sacred cow. They complained about the Medicare Advantage cuts in 2010. Back then the cuts were $500 billion. In 2012 the cuts were $700 billion. Now there were additional cuts. I can see the robo calls now to the Republican base except now the cuts will be $1 trillion.

Medicare Advantage has been a corportate welfare program for the last 10 years. Now they have to stand up on their own two feet. Repblicans will be saying lets rid of the ACA and we can strengthen Medicare and reduce the deficit. We have heard that before but thats still the game plan.

GOP’s staggering chutzpah: Why they’re attacking Medicare cuts now - Salon.com
Salon.com. You really need to expand your "news" sources!

Old 03-06-2014, 07:44 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,686,407 times
A repost
Obama:
• I will have the most transparent administration in history.
• The stimulus will fund shovel-ready jobs.
• I am focused like a laser on creating jobs.
• The IRS is not targeting anyone.
• It was a spontaneous riot about a movie.
• If I had a son.
• I will put an end to the type of politics that "breeds division, conflict and cynicism".
• You didn't build that!
• I will restore trust in Government.
• The Cambridge cops acted stupidly.
• The public will have 5 days to look at every bill that lands on my desk
• It's not my red line - it is the world's red line.
• Whistle blowers will be protected in my administration.
• We got back every dime we used to rescue the banks and auto companies, with interest.
• I am not spying on American citizens.
• Obama Care will be good for America.
• You can keep your family doctor.
• Premiums will be lowered by $2500.
• If you like it, you can keep your current healthcare plan.
• It's just like shopping at Amazon.
• I knew nothing about "Fast and Furious" gunrunning to Mexican drug cartels.
• I knew nothing about IRS targeting conservative groups.
• I knew nothing about what happened in Benghazi.
• I have never known my uncle from Kenya who is in the country illegally and that was arrested and told to leave the country over 20 years ago.
• And, I have never lived with that uncle. He finally admitted (12-05-2013) that he DID know his uncle and that he DID live with him.

And the biggest one of all:
• "I, Barrack Hussein Obama, pledge to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America."
. Feel free to add to this list!!!!

Old 03-06-2014, 07:45 AM

59,400 posts, read 27,561,222 times
Quote:
Heres a little more on the hypocrisy of the Tea Party. It turns out many in the Tea Party voted for cuts to Medicare but now they are against those cuts. Now they are running on the "Obama Lied" platform. Tea Party Hypocrites...heres the link.

Why the Republican Mediscare attack is magically dwindling - Salon.com
" It turns out many in the Tea Party voted for cuts to Medicare" I always thought the voting booth was private.

HOW would a place like Salon get such information?

Old 03-06-2014, 07:49 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,174,812 times
Quote:
You sound like you are on the governrmint dole. The Medicare cuts by the way are over 10 years and only apply to Medicare Advantage. Most people arent impacted. The cost for Medicare each year -240 billion out of the treaury. The ACA is revenue neutral So if you are a Tea Partier which plan cost the government more?
Prove to us that ACA is "revenue neutral." Just because you say it does not mean its true.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:53 AM

52,931 posts, read 34,785,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" It turns out many in the Tea Party voted for cuts to Medicare" I always thought the voting booth was private.

HOW would a place like Salon get such information?
borregokid electronically bugged their mobility scooters and oxygen tanks

Old 03-06-2014, 07:54 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,774,216 times
Quote:
No only seniors on Medicare Advantage are feeling cuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That's unfortunate. The NAACP and LULAC (League of United Latin American Citizens) strongly opposed cuts to Medicare Advantage, but of course Obama and the Dems didn't care about that.

NAACP: "MA [Medicare Advantage] plans — private health plan options that provide coverage to 8.3 million Medicare beneficiaries — disproportionately provide coverage to low-income and racial and ethnic minority beneficiaries. Specifically, 40 percent of African Americans without Medicaid or employer coverage rely on comprehensive health insurance coverage provided by MA plans. By providing more comprehensive benefits and lower cost-sharing than traditional Medicare, MA plans help racial and ethnic minority populations gain access to health care services that are critical to their long-term health and well-being."

LULAC: "Medicare Advantage is vital to the well-being of Hispanic Medicare beneficiaries. According to a 2005 study by Ken Thorpe, Ph.D., of Emory University, Hispanics rely disproportionately on the Medicare Advantage program....We are concerned that additional cuts in funding for Medicare Advantage will threaten access to comprehensive benefits, result in higher out-of-pocket health care costs, and create financial barriers to care that will be particularly harmful for Hispanic seniors."

Record of NAACP and LULAC signed letters submitted to the US Senate:
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CREC-20...-PgS3659-7.pdf
pages S3670-S3671
I wonder if OP even has a response to this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies