Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2021, 07:37 PM

15,939 posts, read 7,945,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
So there is some screening related to a registration. Its not recorded for all time, but still a kind of screening process.

Registering the gun, or the purchase or yourself is all the same. It is just a screening process.
The "screening" in Texas is all driven by Federal law, and is the same in all states. There is no state registration or tracking. I can sell a firearm to my neighbor, and the state will never know about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2021, 10:08 PM

78,860 posts, read 46,986,823 times
Let me get this straight???

You guys are going to allow the very government you may have to fight a bloody battle against, tell you what you can fight them with.... You bought that BS?

Don't be silly.

Old 05-17-2021, 12:33 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,840,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Let me get this straight???

You guys are going to allow the very government you may have to fight a bloody battle against, tell you what you can fight them with.... You bought that BS?

Don't be silly.
Thats how clever the govt is!! they have figured out a way to dupe 1000s of people without firing a single shot!

I hate it, but I have to give credit where its due...what this tyrannical govt has done is VERY clever! They basically found a loophole to ensuring tyranny grows and spreads...just convince the public its in their best interest, or in the interest of their safety.

Old 05-17-2021, 04:34 AM

59,543 posts, read 27,866,978 times
Quote:
So there is some screening related to a registration. Its not recorded for all time, but still a kind of screening process.

Registering the gun, or the purchase or yourself is all the same. It is just a screening process.
We obviously have different meanings of the word "register"!

Old 05-21-2021, 12:16 PM

17,872 posts, read 16,235,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
The "screening" in Texas is all driven by Federal law, and is the same in all states. There is no state registration or tracking. I can sell a firearm to my neighbor, and the state will never know about it.
I guess that is how criminals in no gun states are getting their guns then. Their friends in gun friendly states selling, or loaning them out. It cant be tracked back to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
We obviously have different meanings of the word "register"!
Yeh I guess.

Old 05-21-2021, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
At least in some CA counties. But that practice may be changing over the objections of the idiots in San Diego. Oh, by the way, this is another very good reason to never register a gun;
---------------------------------
Last week, a 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals three-judge panel struck down San Diego County’s approach to issuing concealed-carry gun permits, in a case that has statewide and even national implications. Critics of the decision, such as San Diego Police Chief Bill Lansdowne and gun-control activists, argued that allowing more people to carry guns outside their homes increases dangers to the public.

There’s much data disputing that notion, but the case isn’t about the merits or demerits of public gun ownership. The court’s decision focuses on the meaning of this right.

California law allows cities and counties to set their own standards for issuing a permit to carry a concealed weapon. In San Diego County, that power rests with the sheriff. Some counties are permissive, allowing individuals who have no criminal record and meet a few standards to have a permit. But in San Diego County and many urban counties, a person must first prove “good cause,” such as facing a direct threat.

The situation in those latter counties is the opposite of a right. It’s a privilege. In some counties, friends or campaign donors of sheriffs have been able to obtain permits, while average citizens cannot get them. After being denied a permit and exhausting his appeals through the sheriff’s department, Edward Peruta and four others filed suit.

The 9th Circuit judges – relying on two fairly recent and prominent gun-rights rulings in the U.S. Supreme Court (Heller and McDonald) – found that, “The Second Amendment secures the right not only to ‘keep’ arms but also to ‘bear’ them … The court already has supplied the word’s plain meaning: ‘At the time of the founding, as now, to ‘bear’ meant to ‘carry.’”

Court: It's Not a Right When Only the Sheriff's Friends Get To Hold Guns - Reason.com
Just think if the Jews could conceal, or open carry in California, to protect themselves from the Palestine migrant attacks.

Old 05-21-2021, 06:16 PM

Quote:

If that were true, I'd be the property of someone I had to answer to.
What? Are they going to threaten me with violence if I DO NOT comply?
That will get your ass shot around here, making threats like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies