Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2014, 10:11 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,760 times

Advertisements

According to him, American Blacks are bad tempered, unfriendly and need to take lessons from African Blacks who have smiles on their faces.

Gun Advocate Wants Blacks To Stop Complaining - YouTube

Old 02-07-2014, 10:27 AM

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Thats funny, I never heard him say that he wants blacks to stop complaining..

Quote:
Conservative gun lobbyist Larry Pratt recommended during a recent radio broadcast that U.S. blacks could get a better "attitude" if they paid attention to "Africans from Africa" who he said were more "happy."
On the Gun Owner’s News Hour show last month, American Thinker writer Selwyn Duke told Pratt, who is the executive director of Gun Owners of America, in a shocked tone that he had discovered that the best Catholic priests were from Africa.
"Africa! Intelligent Men with PhDs," Duke noted.
"And generally the African from Africa is a very pro-American person, a very happy person," Pratt opined. "I know several. And they always just happy with a joke, pleasant smile on their face. And they clearly don't identify with the surliness that's all too frequently the attitude of their fellow African-Americans here."
"And they're very conservative politically," he continued. "The country of Ghana, it's still illegal to commit an abortion, it's illegal to be a homosexual. Very conservative social laws and very free market oriented as well."
Duke agreed and pointed out that the types of Africans that could afford to come to the U.S. were of "a better stripe."
"They tend to be educated, they tend to be a little more upper class than a lot of the Africans who can't get here," Duke said.
"It's the way we used to run our immigration system altogether," Pratt replied. "These are folks that stand apart and hopefully they can approach some of their fellow blacks and say, 'Hey, buddy, you got this all wrong, let me explain to you the world really works.'"

ETA...

What I did hear is that you tube video idiot, attempt to put words in this guys mouth....

Old 02-07-2014, 10:28 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,461,212 times
So what he's saying is that immigrants are better people than native-born Americans.

TRAITOR!

Old 02-07-2014, 10:41 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Meh...conservatives like their blacks to be docile. So what else is new?

Maybe the blacks he runs into are surly because he's a jerk...but if course, he never considered that. Since he thinks we need an attitude adjustment, why doesn't he step up and provide it for us. I'm pretty sure I could use one too according to him.

Oh well. And the world keeps turning.

Old 02-07-2014, 06:16 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Thats funny, I never heard him say that he wants blacks to stop complaining..
You trot those remarks out as a sort of defense? That's funny.

Old 02-07-2014, 06:25 PM

41 posts, read 28,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Meh...conservatives like their blacks to be docile. So what else is new?

Maybe the blacks he runs into are surly because he's a jerk...but if course, he never considered that. Since he thinks we need an attitude adjustment, why doesn't he step up and provide it for us. I'm pretty sure I could use one too according to him.

Oh well. And the world keeps turning.
We don't want you to be docile. Just stop whining that we are the source of all your problems. Hell, I just got off a thread about Chicago black on black violence is somehow the fault of "The Man". Which is usually someone on the right.

Old 02-07-2014, 06:29 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,702,711 times
So now we're to "assume" that this person speaks for all conservatives.

Old 02-07-2014, 06:47 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexSliver View Post
We don't want you to be docile. Just stop whining that we are the source of all your problems. Hell, I just got off a thread about Chicago black on black violence is somehow the fault of "The Man". Which is usually someone on the right.
LMAO...don't make me laugh.

This stuff is all about certain white folk's egos. They love to propagate this nonsense about being blamed for problems in order to make themselves feel powerful and good about being white. Only a powerful person could be the source of ALL of someone else's problems.

Truth is, no one is blaming you for anything. You just wanna believe it for your own gratification. You don't have enough power to be the source of any black man's problems and you damn sure couldn't be the source of mine. If you were, I'd make sure that you wouldn't be a problem for long.

I see right through this self serving bull that certain white people love to play up. Please....gimme a break.

Old 02-07-2014, 07:06 PM

41 posts, read 28,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
LMAO...don't make me laugh.

This stuff is all about certain white folk's egos. They love to propagate this nonsense about being blamed for problems in order to make themselves feel powerful and good about being white. Only a powerful person could be the source of ALL of someone else's problems.

Truth is, no one is blaming you for anything. You just wanna believe it for your own gratification. You don't have enough power to be the source of any black man's problems and you damn sure couldn't be the source of mine. If you were, I'd make sure that you wouldn't be a problem for long.

I see right through this self serving bull that certain white people love to play up. Please....gimme a break.
LOL....did I say anything about race?. Did I say anything about white people?. I said " usually someone on the right".....meaning even black conservatives get blame for selling out their own race and "oppressing" his own people like a House N****, etc, etc. I thought that is what you were talking about since you said conservative. But you got such a massive chip on your shoulder and a " Watch out!!..I'm a black man!!" attitude going that you wasted no time making this about race. And you people call us racist?...LOL.

Now I could get into how black people like to blame white people for their issues, even as so much as Bill Cosby himself have noted this, but I get the feeling that you don't want to hear any of that, no matter what information is presented to you. So you can have whatever it is you want believe. I'm not gonna argue.

But this is spinning away from the topic of the thread and I don't want much else to do with it.

Old 02-07-2014, 07:19 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,391,525 times
its kinda true what he saying, the message that is. the problem that the afician american community is facing are usually brought on by themselves
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies