Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 06:23 PM

26,607 posts, read 15,177,061 times

Advertisements

New Fast and Furious Claims...sorry about the title.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...ling-book.html

John Dodson, the Federal Agent that initially exposed the Fast and Furious Program is now saying that the bandits that killed Brian Terry were under the direction of the FBI and the FBI had placed them there where Terry was killed.

According to him, the US government had informant insiders in rival Mexican Drug Cartels/Gangs and would play the gangs off on each other. Their informants would tip off drug movements and then the US government would have other informants tip off the rival drug gang to ambush the other drug gang... Brian Terry was caught in the middle of a US concocted situation and facing bandits with guns that the US government forced Arizona gun stores to illegally sell to Mexican Gun Runners.

The Mexican government supposedly did not know about this program.

Perhaps this is why PolitiFact said that Obama lied about Fast and Furious being a Bush started program - while the Washington Post just said simply that they were shocked that Obama didn't know that Fast and Furious started in his own White House. Of course Obama who had previously said that presidents only use executive privilege when they have something to hide, went ahead and used executive privilege to stop investigations into Fast and Furious.

Potentially 300+ and counting lives have been lost with guns that the Fast and Furious program forced gun stores to sell illegally to Mexican gun runners. The US government has a black eye at the very least from this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2013, 06:25 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,051,449 times
Nobody cares. This one has been swept under the rug. Prepare to be called a racist or tea party loon for even bringing it up by the swooners.

Old 12-26-2013, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Nobody cares. This one has been swept under the rug. Prepare to be called a racist or tea party loon for even bringing it up by the swooners.
It is new information. I think it also answers the question and gives us the transparency that we can't get from Obama - Why was the US government allowing murderous drug cartels to get their hands on assault rifles - to build up informants standing in the drug gangs so they can pit the gangs against one another.

Yes, I have been called a racist before for bringing this topic up previously - but where is the Obama supporter concern for the dead - most of which were Hispanic.

Old 12-26-2013, 07:04 PM

Obama supporters concern for the dead??? LOL. They wanted to go run into Syria too to save all the poor women and children. Now the poor women and children are STILL getting killed and not a one swooner makes a peep about Syrai. They are all so fake it's pathetic. Just swooners. Obama could nuke NY city and they wouldn't care.

Old 12-26-2013, 07:14 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,400,706 times
Even if Obama-Holder claim that they knew nothing about F&F, they have never explained why they failed to get to the bottom of this program that happened on their watch. Why was the program conducted the way it was, with guns being shipped out with no way to track them? And for that matter why was Dodson given the runaround by the DOJ OIG and wound up having to go to Charles Grassley?

But the bottom line is, the voters deemed the program as acceptable policy when they put Obama-Holder back in office in 2012 after much of the info was out there.

Old 12-26-2013, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Even if Obama-Holder claim that they knew nothing about F&F, they have never explained why they failed to get to the bottom of this program that happened on their watch. Why was the program conducted the way it was, with guns being shipped out with no way to track them? And for that matter why was Dodson given the runaround by the DOJ OIG and wound up having to go to Charles Grassley?

But the bottom line is, the voters deemed the program as acceptable policy when they put Obama-Holder back in office in 2012 after much of the info was out there.

Well, if this is true...it seems to make sense.

Obama can't "get to the bottom of it" for a number of reasons that would cause problems if it went public:

#1 We were doing this without Mexico's permission or knowledge inside of Mexico. So much for the citizen of the world stuff making us more likable on the world stage.

#2 We have informants in many murderous drug gangs/cartels we wouldn't want to jeopardize.

#3 We wouldn't track the guns as a way to help the informants from within the gangs who were giving us other valuable information and doing our bidding. Additionally, the access to many assault rifles brought our informants a lot of clout within the drug gangs. Guns that were not being traced or picked up etc...

#4 The third point explains why the US government forced US gun stores to illegally sell guns to known Mexican gun runners even against the stores will.

That doesn't excuse Obama's lack of leadership and anti-responsibility. He blamed it falsely on Bush - whatever happened to Harry Truman's "The Buck Stops Here." I wish we had an adult in the White House. Throw in the other lies and hypocrisies from Holder and Obama it just looks like we are run by a bunch of incompetent idiots.

Old 12-26-2013, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Well, if this is true...it seems to make sense.

Obama can't "get to the bottom of it" for a number of reasons that would cause problems if it went public:

#1 We were doing this without Mexico's permission or knowledge inside of Mexico. So much for the citizen of the world stuff making us more likable on the world stage.

#2 We have informants in many murderous drug gangs/cartels we wouldn't want to jeopardize.

#3 We wouldn't track the guns as a way to help the informants from within the gangs who were giving us other valuable information and doing our bidding. Additionally, the access to many assault rifles brought our informants a lot of clout within the drug gangs. Guns that were not being traced or picked up etc...

#4 The third point explains why the US government forced US gun stores to illegally sell guns to known Mexican gun runners even against the stores will.

That doesn't excuse Obama's lack of leadership and anti-responsibility. He blamed it falsely on Bush - whatever happened to Harry Truman's "The Buck Stops Here." I wish we had an adult in the White House. Throw in the other lies and hypocrisies from Holder and Obama it just looks like we are run by a bunch of incompetent idiots.
Seems rather far-fetched to me. At some point they are empowering and fomenting violent crime, and for what? In order to stop it?

I remember reading that one of the F&F guns was a .50 cal rifle that gang bangers used to shoot down a Mexican police helicopter.

I think the most plausible explanation is still that someone in the Obama admin wanted to pump up gun crime stats around the border in order to justify new gun control legislation.

Old 12-26-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Seems rather far-fetched to me. At some point they are empowering and fomenting violent crime, and for what? In order to stop it?

I remember reading that one of the F&F guns was a .50 cal rifle that gang bangers used to shoot down a Mexican police helicopter.

I think the most plausible explanation is still that someone in the Obama admin wanted to pump up gun crime stats around the border in order to justify new gun control legislation.
Perhaps, but the guy coming forward is the government agent that shed the light on the existence of the program to begin with... It may be more credible than people think at first. He was right about the program's existence.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Obama is a horrible president and a disingenuous man, but I don't think Obama woke up one morning and said let's kill people to get gun control. He isn't evil, nor does he have a heart of coal. I can't see him doing that.

I think he thought he would combat the drug gangs which crossover into our country by making them fight each other in what he thought was a clever and noble plan...as per usual, he didn't think it through very well and the plan back fired. Then he panicked and lied and blamed Bush...no accountability is his MO.

Old 12-26-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:

Yep. They are moving on from getting idiots to vote to getting idiots to give up their rights guaranteed. If something doesn't change it will happen too and who will the idiots be in the end?? I'll be in the middle of some cornfield with my rifle when the time comes. Liberals will be getting shoved off to a work camp.

Old 12-26-2013, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Perhaps, but the guy coming forward is the government agent that shed the light on the existence of the program to begin with... It may be more credible than people think at first. He was right about the program's existence.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Obama is a horrible president and a disingenuous man, but I don't think Obama woke up one morning and said let's kill people to get gun control. He isn't evil, nor does he have a heart of coal. I can't see him doing that.

I think he thought he would combat the drug gangs which crossover into our country by making them fight each other in what he thought was a clever and noble plan...as per usual, he didn't think it through very well and the plan back fired. Then he panicked and lied and blamed Bush...no accountability is his MO.
Is possible. Note that I said 'someone in the Obama admin' not Obama. Either with your explanation or mine they would have been setting up a bloodbath.

Anyway, you make good points; I'm not going to sit here and say that I know for a fact what happened. Dodsen appears to be a hero who put his career on the line to bring this out. I agree that he should be listened to closely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies