Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 01:15 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,329,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamencoFreak View Post
Well, I realize it's a little late, but Happy Chanukah!

I'm a Christian, but the bible tells us we are "Jews by adoption."
Consider Abraham: "He believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness." Understand then, that those who believe are children of Abraham. The Scripture foresaw that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, and announced the gospel in advance to Abraham: "All nations will be blessed through you." So, those who have faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith. — Galatians 3:6 - 9 NIV
Elsewhere we are specifically told we are "Jews by adoption" (don't have time to look it up at the moment.)
I'm a Jew by injection. I married one.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 01:15 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,150,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Don't be absurd. If the OP was born in India, the chance of him/her being Christian would be very slim, indeed, prophet or no prophet.
She'd be wearing a sari, eschewing beef, and giving prasadas to multi-limbed Elephant Gods, not insisting that Christianity is the one true religion.
Again, your ignorance strikes again. Several Christians exist in India. Many Indians eat beef (even Hindus). Indians don't insist that Christianity is not a religion. You're quite uneducated about religion and culture so perhaps you should stop talking about it.

Old 12-24-2013, 01:17 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,116,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Islam has Jesus too so......

According to Islam, Jesus was a Prophet, not the Son of God.

Old 12-24-2013, 01:19 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,861,831 times
MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Old 12-24-2013, 01:20 PM

1,074 posts, read 758,398 times
Quote:
I'm a Jew by injection. I married one.

Ha, ha! So did a client of ours, that we used to do work for (retired now). Two of our favorite people! Their entire family is nice. We even were invited to the daughters Batmitzvah! They celebrated both Chanukah and Christmas ... such a crack up. Very nice people. We did several jobs for them in two different houses.

I called them a couple of weeks ago about getting a cocktail table repaired. The daughter is now married and has a set of twins!

Old 12-24-2013, 01:21 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,329,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Again, your ignorance strikes again. Several Christians exist in India. Many Indians eat beef (even Hindus). Indians don't insist that Christianity is not a religion. You're quite uneducated about religion and culture so perhaps you should stop talking about it.
Perhaps you should stop. And maybe learn to read. I never said that Hindus claim Christianity is not a religion.

Old 12-24-2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takkarr View Post
Not at all. I live in a major city and metropolitan area.
Again, 96% of Americans celebrate the national holiday.

Most Floridians are Christians as well
I think your thread has been hijacked. No surprise.

Old 12-24-2013, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Don't be absurd. If the OP was born in India, the chance of him/her being Christian would be very slim, indeed, prophet or no prophet.
She'd be wearing a sari, eschewing beef, and giving prasadas to multi-limbed Elephant Gods, not insisting that Christianity is the one true religion.
Probably be living in a sewer pipe, as well. No joke... a company I worked for at one time sent one of the salesmen to India on a sales trip, and he had the photos to prove it. The U.S. had sent large concrete sewer pipes to India to upgrade their sewer system. But before the work could be done, street people moved into the pipes and made them their home! The laws are such that they could not be removed.

Old 12-24-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Perhaps you should stop. And maybe learn to read. I never said that Hindus claim Christianity is not a religion.
That was the typical response from a leftist, to claim that you are "uneducated." This is how they portray opponents in any argument, so as to discredit them. Ridicule, shame, call them racist; anything to discredit and and silence them.

Old 12-24-2013, 01:41 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,193,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamencoFreak View Post
That was the typical response from a leftist, to claim that you are "uneducated." This is how they portray opponents in any argument, so as to discredit them. Ridicule, shame, call them racist; anything to discredit and and silence them.
You do realize that the person she is responding to actually called her "uneducated" and "ignorant", right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies