Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 03:56 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,977,678 times

Advertisements

I see so many fat ass people who are on SSI and don't want to try to make their situation better. Its easier to draw a check and let the rest of us pay for it. I have never drawn any check from the gov that I did not pay into. I drew unemployment, but I paid into it, I have never taken one dime from the food stamp lot, medicaid, or any other thing that I did not pay into. I know so many lazy fat ass people who draw and fake out the gov. One of my old high school buddies mother, I did some work for remodeling her kitchen. She hurt her back or said she did at walmart. She is on SSI and makes it just fine around her home in North Michigan, But if I had her go outside her house to look at something she would run and grab her cane and say she could not be outside without it in case someone was filming. She is not supposed to be able to walk without a cane. LOL She did not use it in the home. Some I know are so fat they are winded when they walk up three steps and one is a family member. My brother married a woman who is 450 pounds. She draws SSI because she is "depressed" I get depressed but no one pays me for it. LOL We all get depressed. Sick of the losers getting all the free stuff and I have to pay it on my taxes. No wonder people cheat on taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2013, 06:29 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,389,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
There is a tipping point of leeches beyond which the system will collapse.

It's the Tragedy of the Commons principle applicable to the government finance.
It seems likely that we are past that tipping point. US pop between 18 and 65 yrs old is about 204 million. The number of federal income tax filers is in the vicinity of 140 million. 47 pct of filers pay nothing (or get credits, i.e. we pay them). So the number of fed tax payers is about 74 million. So we have just 36 percent of working age adults paying taxes, and about 1 in 6 workers are public sector workers.

If you're not paying federal income taxes, you have little incentive to oppose either tax increases or deficit spending. Neither will harm you, but could benefit you.

Sure there are some holes in my calculations (e.g. many over 65 pay taxes), but it's not that far off. Bottom line, we are way beyond the point where 50% have the incentive to vote themselves largess from the treasury.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:40 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,921,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Well, then, if 42 of 51 Republicans voted for expanding Medicare why do liberals say Republicans want to throw grandma off a cliff?

Why is Harry Reid saying that DOMA is unconstitutional when he voted for it himself?

Why did Democrats say they want to introduce a bill to make sure people can keep their insurance when the very same bill was proposed back in 2010 by a Republican and they voted it down?

Why did the Democrats say changing the rules on filibustering was dangerous to the fabric of our democracy when Bush was president, and then make those very same changes themselves?

Why did Obama say sequestration was terrible and damaging, that increasing the debt ceiling was unpatriotic, and running a deficit of 400B was irresponsible when he is on record as saying he'd veto any attempt to get around sequestration, requesting debt ceiling increases, and proposing budgets with 600B deficits?

Why did Democrats say it was reprehensible for Limbaugh to call Sandra Fluke the very same name that they said nothing about Bill Maher calling Palin?

Why is Harry Reid saying that immigration reform is a top priority when he himself sponsored legislation to restrict illegal immigration?

Why did Democrats say that problems with the economy were Bush's fault when they held majorities in both houses of congress, but then say that problems with the economy weren't Obama's fault because Republicans held one house of congress?

Given all these things, your outrage over conservative hypocrisy is so absurd that it's nothing short of laugh out loud funny.
What is funny is your post. Over 80% of Republican Senators and 90% of Republicans in the House voted for the biggest expansion of entitlements since the 60's and all you can do is change the subject when it is brought up. I doubt if Obamacare would have ever existed had it not been for Medicare Part D existing first.

Old 12-08-2013, 08:38 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,471,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
What is funny is your post. Over 80% of Republican Senators and 90% of Republicans in the House voted for the biggest expansion of entitlements since the 60's and all you can do is change the subject when it is brought up. I doubt if Obamacare would have ever existed had it not been for Medicare Part D existing first.
I didn't change the subject. I pointed out that liberals accusing conservatives of hypocrisy is itself hypocritical. That was the point I was making. I wasn't responding to entitlements per se. I was responding to your repeated charges of hypocrisy. Obviously it went over your head.

Old 12-09-2013, 06:47 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,921,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
I didn't change the subject. I pointed out that liberals accusing conservatives of hypocrisy is itself hypocritical. That was the point I was making. I wasn't responding to entitlements per se. I was responding to your repeated charges of hypocrisy. Obviously it went over your head.

If I was a liberal you would have a point. I am a Goldwater conservative and I can tell you this, Barry would not have voted for Medicare Part D.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies