Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 06:03 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,465,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
"New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's loyalty to the Republican Party is being questioned after he refused to make a public endorsement of a possible GOP challenger to New York Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo, a move some say could hurt his chances of winning the 2016 GOP presidential nomination...Christie's spokesman and political consultant have refused to comment on the reports, according to the Post, and after the initial report suggesting Christie would back Astorino, Cuomo told the paper, "I spoke to Gov. Christie this morning, who told me the exact opposite."

NY Post: Christie's 'Bizarre Behavior' Raises Questions on 2016 Prospects

So besides figuratively smooching Obama, making a really poor convention speech that wasn't what I'd call a ringing endorsement of Romney because it was more about himself and ragging on Rand Paul, now he won't even endorse the Republican candidate for NY governor and calls Cuomo to tell him?
The man has wasted his entire life. He's a Republican. This blowhard doesn't have a chance in hell of winning the presidency. His ideology reeks. When will Republicans learn that this country is moving away from the party of Dixie, which at its foundation is bigoted and has only the well-being of the rich in mind?

Thumbs down on Butterball Christie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 06:34 PM

3,415 posts, read 4,490,840 times
The guy is running in 2016. There's no way he's waiting until 2020 just to face of against an incumbent Dem or not having the opportunity to run at all. I wouldn't say I'm on the Christie bandwagon, as I think he's more style than substance; but he is an extremely savvy politician. Christie has a good pulse on the electorate and media and knows how to sell himself to them. He has the ability to draw female votes, independent votes, Hispanic votes, and African-American votes in a very blue state; and you could probably bet that he's going to pick someone like Susan Martinez or Nicki Haley as his running mate if he gets the GOP nomination to help sure up certain voting blocs(women/hispanics/southerners).

Old 12-07-2013, 04:57 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,273,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
The guy is running in 2016. There's no way he's waiting until 2020 just to face of against an incumbent Dem or not having the opportunity to run at all. I wouldn't say I'm on the Christie bandwagon, as I think he's more style than substance; but he is an extremely savvy politician. Christie has a good pulse on the electorate and media and knows how to sell himself to them. He has the ability to draw female votes, independent votes, Hispanic votes, and African-American votes in a very blue state; and you could probably bet that he's going to pick someone like Susan Martinez or Nicki Haley as his running mate if he gets the GOP nomination to help sure up certain voting blocs(women/hispanics/southerners).
like the VP choices you listed, especially Susanna Martinez.

Old 12-07-2013, 11:40 AM

3,415 posts, read 4,490,840 times
^As long as we're playing that game, it's Susana Martinez

Old 12-07-2013, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
^As long as we're playing that game, it's Susana Martinez
what game?

Old 12-07-2013, 07:54 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,278,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
I said it more than a year ago, Christie will switch parties.
Nonsense. Conservatives won't be accepted by the democratic party.

Old 12-08-2013, 07:05 AM

1,256 posts, read 4,212,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Nonsense. Conservatives won't be accepted by the democratic party.
Though I'm not a Democrat, this is incorrect.

Democrats won't accept anarchists; there are plenty of conservative Democrats.

Old 12-08-2013, 07:34 AM

334 posts, read 718,808 times
Christie: What's His Problem?

His problem is that he is just another so-called "mainstream" RINO kissing ******* backside in an attempt to broaden his appeal. That may work in many "blue" states where the majority of the electorate are idiots, but that tack will ultimately fail among "yellow dog" democrats.

Old 12-08-2013, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickySantoro View Post
Christie: What's His Problem?

His problem is that he is just another so-called "mainstream" RINO kissing ******* backside in an attempt to broaden his appeal. That may work in many "blue" states where the majority of the electorate are idiots, but that tack will ultimately fail among "yellow dog" democrats.
Like it or not we have to have a candidate that has, either a lot of charisma or one that will attract the blue state voters. Almost any Republican will win in the red states, but many of the blue states are a little different. I am not saying he is our only shot, I do not feel that way at all, but I do think we have to be honest and realize it takes more than red to win. With the few names being thrown around from the left, many Democrats would support a Christie over the people being mentioned.

Old 12-08-2013, 11:09 AM

2,023 posts, read 5,328,256 times
This guy is no moderate like some people seem to think. He is a union busting loud mouth bully who yells at women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies