Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 08:44 AM

29,026 posts, read 30,475,560 times

Advertisements

You Think You Know Someone, and Then He Gets on a Stage and Blows Your Mind

This is NOT about republicans vs democrates or visa versa

Please write down your thoughts....

My one concern here is, that government has become completely detached from the reality of the working class...they keep taxing us to death, strangling us, to get more money to spend...enough is enough....

Corbett just signed a bill that will impose a 25 - 28 cent hike per gallon of gasoline...

Lets vote these deadheads out and get people in there who work for the people.

these guys sit around in their $2,000 suits without a clue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2013, 08:48 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,791,657 times
The majority of Americans are deadbeats themselves.
Low/no information voters who pick the one with the most promises.

I went Galt myself.
Retired and got out of the system as much as possible.
I can afford to sit on the sidelines and watch government tax their workers to death.
And they'll get re-elected with no problem.

Old 11-22-2013, 08:55 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,528,717 times
The legislature approved the increase. The money is supposed to be used on transportation infrastructure. If that's what happens ... then I see nothing wrong with asking people who use the transportation system, principally vehicles, to contribute to fund the improvement. It's s steep increase, though and a bit surprising to me that the GOP would so strongly advocate it. The nation's infrastructure is falling apart. Fixing it is a necessity. I suppose they could increase the state's income tax ... and then the Tea Party idiots would show-up waiving their guns and confederate flags in protest. It's a no win situation for anyone.

Old 11-22-2013, 08:57 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,851,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
This is NOT about republicans vs democrates or visa versa

Please write down your thoughts....
i think the democraties should have a right to visas

its in the constitushun

Old 11-22-2013, 08:57 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,876,781 times
In China, 'everyone is guilty of corruption' - CNN.com Ha ha ha ...same thing here except its legal...ie..lobbying...and turnstile jobs for politicians/appointees in private industry.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
The legislature approved the increase. The money is supposed to be used on transportation infrastructure. If that's what happens ... then I see nothing wrong with asking people who use the transportation system, principally vehicles, to contribute to fund the improvement. It's s steep increase, though and a bit surprising to me that the GOP would so strongly advocate it. The nation's infrastructure is falling apart. Fixing it is a necessity. I suppose they could increase the state's income tax ... and then the Tea Party idiots would show-up waiving their guns and confederate flags in protest. It's a no win situation for anyone.
Years ago, I worked construction....they put a tax on gas then, supposidly for highways and bridge restoration....never happened. And that tax is still there....

Old 11-22-2013, 09:02 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,851,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Years ago, I worked construction....they put a tax on gas then, supposidly for highways and bridge restoration....never happened. And that tax is still there....
no one can deny that we should use electric so no more obama bucks at the pump

Old 11-22-2013, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The majority of Americans are deadbeats themselves.
Low/no information voters who pick the one with the most promises.

I went Galt myself.
Retired and got out of the system as much as possible.
I can afford to sit on the sidelines and watch government tax their workers to death.
And they'll get re-elected with no problem.
Party followers are the worst
glad your doing well

Old 11-22-2013, 09:05 AM

33,386 posts, read 35,009,282 times
we are never going to eliminate the corruption in government, unfortunately that is the nature of the beast. remember the old saying power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. politicians by their very nature are power grabbers, the more power they can grab for themselves, the better off they think they are.

the only thing we can do in the end is limit the powers that government has. reign in the federal government and force them to live by the constitution, same with state governments, force them to live within their constitutions as well. the we can get down to eliminating excessive regulations and put in proper regulations, reform the tax code, etc. in reality government needs to be about 1/3 the size it is now.

Old 11-22-2013, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
we are never going to eliminate the corruption in government, unfortunately that is the nature of the beast. remember the old saying power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. politicians by their very nature are power grabbers, the more power they can grab for themselves, the better off they think they are.

the only thing we can do in the end is limit the powers that government has. reign in the federal government and force them to live by the constitution, same with state governments, force them to live within their constitutions as well. the we can get down to eliminating excessive regulations and put in proper regulations, reform the tax code, etc. in reality government needs to be about 1/3 the size it is now.
How do we convince, party follows that this is so true...have you noticed how they fear being disloyal to a corrupt party?

When did American's become so gullible?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies