Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 08:51 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,777,713 times

Advertisements

I was just wondering if your local news, online, is filled with racist commentary such as the example below. Michigan has some of the most racist commentary....both Detroit and Grand Rapids, in its local online news comments. Is this typical in other areas as well?

Read the commentary.

Shots fired at NY Fried Chicken | WOOD TV8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2013, 08:54 AM

11,581 posts, read 14,006,662 times
I don't see any comments.

Old 11-16-2013, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
I don't see any comments.

It might be your browser. Note...some of the comments has sense been deleted.

Old 11-16-2013, 09:18 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,912,183 times
Color me shocked.

Exposes? you need to get out and read more.

Old 11-16-2013, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Color me shocked.

Exposes? you need to get out and read more.
I really wanted to juxtapose the comments when the race of the perpetrators are different. Generally, when whites are the perps of crimes, the comments are much less derogatory and the scope of the comments remain the PERP, while when the perps are black, the comments are derogatory and the scope of defamation extends to the parents, as well as, the entire community (black).

Old 11-16-2013, 09:49 AM

1,943 posts, read 3,354,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I was just wondering if your local news, online, is filled with racist commentary such as the example below. Michigan has some of the most racist commentary....both Detroit and Grand Rapids, in its local online news comments. Is this typical in other areas as well?

Read the commentary.

Shots fired at NY Fried Chicken | WOOD TV8
I heard about that this morning...I'm not surprised about the comments.

Old 11-16-2013, 09:52 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,912,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I really wanted to juxtapose the comments when the race of the perpetrators are different. Generally, when whites are the perps of crimes, the comments are much less derogatory and the scope of the comments remain the PERP, while when the perps are black, the comments are derogatory and the scope of defamation extends to the parents, as well as, the entire community (black).
You ever been at a shooting crime scene in an all black neighborhood where all the perps were black? I have

Trust me these comments are preschool compared to the racial litanny of aspersions cast amoungst members of the same black community friends and family included. Makes the most hardcore black rap videos seem tame by comparison.

Race relations start at home.

Old 11-16-2013, 10:02 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,398,150 times
You don't have to go so far as reading commentary from the hoi polloi. This was written in the Op Ed of the Washington Post.
Quote:

Longtime Washington Post opinion writer Richard Cohen has come under fire
again for racial remarks in his column, this time about NYC mayor-elect Bill de
Blasio’s family.

Cohen on Monday wrote that the GOP “is not racist,” but that “people
with conventional views must repress a gag reflex when considering the
mayor-elect of New York — a white man married to a black woman and with two
biracial children
Washington Post Op-Ed Writer Richard Cohen Slammed for 'Racist' Column (Updated) - TheWrap

Old 11-16-2013, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
You ever been at a shooting crime scene in an all black neighborhood where all the perps were black? I have

Trust me these comments are preschool compared to the racial litanny of aspersions cast amoungst members of the same black community friends and family included. Makes the most hardcore black rap videos seem tame by comparison.

Race relations start at home.
Uh....I grew up in an all black community.....people were murdered right in front of our house on several occasions. I have not "seen it all" but I have definitely seen more than I ever wanted to see. What....do you think that the News organizations that run the sites are going to let harsh and vulgar street talk remain posted on their comment section? No! One has to read what is being implied in the comments because posters know if they present it overtly that the post will get deleted. Some of the post in this story have already been deleted.

I personally like forums because they expose what people try to pretend does not exist. Its amazing some of the comments you read concerning people who have just lost loved ones to violence....and the VICTIM is often attacked if they happen to be black and live in a black community or neighborhood. If you are a black man out at night and get killed.....you were up to no good anyway....along with the perpetrators.

Old 11-16-2013, 10:10 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,861,957 times
I don't put much into internet comments.
You can become whoever you want and say whatever you want because of anonymity.
Lots of internet tough guys .... I doubt they'd say half of what they say if they had to put their face/real name to their statements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies