Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 04:04 PM

275 posts, read 179,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
So it's all about YOU. I get it now. Well,at least I know how you think.

Well, consider this, for the longest time, Blacks never benefited from being in the USA. And straight White males still have the lions share of the wealth. I think it is YOU who is having a problem.
I would argue that blacks benefited a TON. Would YOU want to go back to Africa and try making ends meet there or stay here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Wasn't that only supposed to have 14 words?
? I don't get it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I like the direction Russia is going it will be in a stronger position for the upcoming trials and tribulations unlike in an increasingly feminized global power.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
In the US conservatives would call this welfare, scream that black people are some how sucking it all up, and then try to kill it.
Yep,fortunately Russia is trying to keep Russia for Russians.
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Your wife can't work in order to get your family to the financial place it needs to be in order to have babies like the rest of us? I'm getting a master's degree while working full time specifically so I can save and build a retirement before I have children and hopefully stay at home (and maybe have the portfolio and resume to swing some very part time freelance work when I am a stay at home mom) - that's what responsible people do to take care of their families.
She doesn't want or need to work. She wants to be a stay at home mother. She wants to do what her mom and her grandmother did. Repopulate the earth there are to few of us as it is and even less women of child bearing age. I figure 3 or 4 more kids should do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 04:11 PM

73,250 posts, read 63,157,324 times
Quote:
I would argue that blacks benefited a TON. Would YOU want to go back to Africa and try making ends meet there or stay here?
Really? Being enslaved? Not having freedom for a very long time, the same freedom White people were able to have? Not being able to vote for a very long time? Being subjected to Jim Crow laws in the South? Being put in schools where the textbooks were hand-me-downs from White schools and getting the worst buildings in the South? Gerrymandering in northern cities such as Chicago and New York? Housing discrimination in throughout the nation? Job discrimination? A segregated military for a long time? And furthermore, not having a say in certain affairs?

And Blacks have been the poorest citizens in the USA for a very long time, so many Blacks actually did have problems making ends meet in this nation. For a very long time, Blacks were not afforded the same rights and privileges Whites were given, so don't try to bring that "Better than Africa" argument. I am not talking about how Blacks did compared to Blacks in Africa. I'm talking about the way Blacks were treated HERE, right here in the USA, and let's stick to that.

Old 11-05-2013, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Really? Being enslaved? Not having freedom for a very long time, the same freedom White people were able to have? Not being able to vote for a very long time? Being subjected to Jim Crow laws in the South? Being put in schools where the textbooks were hand-me-downs from White schools and getting the worst buildings in the South? Gerrymandering in northern cities such as Chicago and New York? Housing discrimination in throughout the nation? Job discrimination? A segregated military for a long time? And furthermore, not having a say in certain affairs?

And Blacks have been the poorest citizens in the USA for a very long time, so many Blacks actually did have problems making ends meet in this nation. For a very long time, Blacks were not afforded the same rights and privileges Whites were given, so don't try to bring that "Better than Africa" argument. I am not talking about how Blacks did compared to Blacks in Africa. I'm talking about the way Blacks were treated HERE, right here in the USA, and let's stick to that.
Whose fault is it they can't make ends meet now? Not mine...they have gotten breaks for 50 years or more now...breaks in jobs,getting into college,special scholarships,etc etc...christ the list is long...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Yup! Just what the world needs - more narrow-minded little bigots.

Bon Voyage! Don't let the door hit you on the way out!
You should really take your own advice,you would call yourself tolerant but the only thing you are tolerant of is ANYONE that thinks exactly like you. You hate anyone that isn't like you and call them names...Tolerance my foot...I am raising free thinkers I have come to realize kids are smart all by themselves and see things for what they really are its the schools/churches/tv etc that brainwash them into thinking degenerate garbage is normal.

Old 11-05-2013, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Whose fault is it they can't make ends meet now? Not mine...they have gotten breaks for 50 years or more now...breaks in jobs,getting into college,special scholarships,etc etc...christ the list is long...
I'm not talking about NOW? I'm talking about the way it has been throughout the history of the USA. Why do you attempt to change the subject instead of considering what I'm talking about as far as HISTORY goes?

Old 11-05-2013, 04:30 PM

Giving family assistance might sound good, but so would helping to provide more jobs and better paying jobs for the people.

Old 11-05-2013, 04:31 PM

Quote:
I'm not talking about NOW? I'm talking about the way it has been throughout the history of the USA. Why do you attempt to change the subject instead of considering what I'm talking about as far as HISTORY goes?
They had it better here than they would have in Africa do you agree? Even with the not being able to vote and being slaves etc stuff...I still say they had it better...they were taught how to live in a first world country not a 3rd world country...Anyways how the hell did this get on Blacks anyways?

Old 11-05-2013, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prepper View Post
They had it better here than they would have in Africa do you agree? Even with the not being able to vote and being slaves etc stuff...I still say they had it better...they were taught how to live in a first world country not a 3rd world country...Anyways how the hell did this get on Blacks anyways?
Again, I was not talking about here vs Africa, I was talking about how Blacks were treated vs how Whites were treated. How hard is that to understand?

As to how we got to this, you complained it was no good for a straight White male. I responded by telling you that throughout the nation's history, Blacks have had it much worse than Whites. I was talking about treatment of Blacks vs treatment of Whites.

Old 11-05-2013, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I call baloney.
Balogna is good...fried Balogna sandwich,with mustard.

Old 11-05-2013, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Again, I was not talking about here vs Africa, I was talking about how Blacks were treated vs how Whites were treated. How hard is that to understand?

As to how we got to this, you complained it was no good for a straight White male. I responded by telling you that throughout the nation's history, Blacks have had it much worse than Whites. I was talking about treatment of Blacks vs treatment of Whites.
Whites built this country and every institution in it why would we not have it better? Wasn't it whites that helped blacks get free? Gave them AA and every chance we don't get because of their skin color?

Old 11-05-2013, 04:56 PM

63,917 posts, read 46,997,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prepper View Post
Tell me have you ever been to Russia or are you just pulling crap out of your butt?
I have, 3X.

Russia has the highest alcohol and drug addiction rate in the world. I am sure the heroin addicts will appreciate the incremental coin to have more kids. Human trafficking and for profit orphanages is big business in Russia.

The average size of an apartment in Moscow is 100-300 meters. Families of 4 live in less than 500 square feet.

Life expectance for males is less than 63 years.

Russia has the highest suicide rate.

Russia is the world leader in smoking.

Corruption is a way of life.

Income inequality is staggering and palatable.

Free healthcare is a constitutional right and insurance is mandatory. Quality of care is highly variable dependent on urban versus rural areas.

Income tax is 13%. Full tax and compulsory insurance are deducted from a worker's paycheck.
Employers bear the full burden of Social Security which is a flat 30% rate.

VAT is the largest source of revenue at 18-20% imposed on goods, work and services. VAT on food is 10%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies