Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 08:06 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,366,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
President Barack Hussein Obama did the rational thing and refused to negotiate with extortionist terrorists.
There you go again with the poisonous rhetoric that the Left is famous for. Harry Reid, is that you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 08:07 AM

3,417 posts, read 3,082,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The Democrats are all far Leftist extremists like Barack Obama. If they were centrists, they would have opposed ObamaCare.
If democrats were all far leftist, you would have gotten single payer healthcare.

10,016 posts, read 12,610,975 times
Quote:
Ted Cruz and his supporters are Republican heros. They represent the best of what American politics should be, and should sreve as a model for the Republican Party of the future. The Party "establishment," the Dynasty, must come to an end.

I stumbled across this speech by Michelle Malkin. She articulates well what the Tea Party is about, and why it must continue.

"Dissent is patriotic ... we need more of it within the Republican Party and the Republican Party movement."

How apropos to the recent debate and what Ted Cruz and his supporters have done.

Michelle Malkin - YouTube
Ted Cruz and his supporters are traitors. There is just two ways about it. I agree with the statement that "dissent CAN be patriotic" but it can also be the depths of depravity. It's depraved when it brings nothing good or positive as an outcome but only negative destruction. I have listened very carefully to all of the teaparty spokespeople over the course of this crisis. The thing that struck me most forcefully has been the fact these people have NOTHING to offer, no alternatives, no policies and NO VISION at all. In addition to that, listening to them is a painful assault on the intelligence. These people would get up in front of listeners and state with all sincerity that two plus two equals six. They would be extremely put out and claim you are unfair and biased if you insist that two plus two is not six but it's four. They might comment, "that's just how you see it". The dumbing down of America has reached new heights with these idiots.

A big potential problem you might consider is the possible destruction of your form of government. There have been many failures in the Republican form of government because of what we are witnessing in American politics right now. A power struggle between the legislative and executive branches can and has rendered many a government completely impotent and leads to failure on a massive scale. Historically it has only been in the USA where the various branches have put their desire for power and influence aside for the good of the country. This no longer seems to be the case in the USA. The tea party and it's supporters are nothing more than political terrorists and will blow the country up rather than compromise on anything. I really believe the crushing defeat they have just suffered is the first nail in their collective coffin. It's downhill from here on in for these traitors. Americans just are not willing to go back to the dark ages on the say so of a collection of half wits. It's a good indication of their intelligence that I was able to listen to many of them last night proclaim a victory for themselves in this, their latest clusterfluk. I mean, do you really want to intrust the future of your country to such a collection of complete idiots!!!!

6,760 posts, read 8,618,325 times
Quote:
Ted Cruz and his supporters are Republican heros. They represent the best of what American politics should be, and should sreve as a model for the Republican Party of the future. The Party "establishment," the Dynasty, must come to an end.

I stumbled across this speech by Michelle Malkin. She articulates well what the Tea Party is about, and why it must continue.

"Dissent is patriotic ... we need more of it within the Republican Party and the Republican Party movement."

How apropos to the recent debate and what Ted Cruz and his supporters have done.

Michelle Malkin - YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary54mi View Post
Sorry do not agree. It was through Obama's manipulations that we had a shutdown.

Ted Cruz is an inspiration. He is rational clear thinking and a great communicator. Coming form neighbor Canada he has a more objective eye on what is relevant and good goal for this country. IMHO he is pushing for our return to being a people run government not the monarchy king Obama is creating.
He is also aware that the present day middle road republicans are on shaky ground with their constituents since they have sold our freedom to the highest bidder. He is a leader.
I for one appreciate anyone standing up for the rights of individual Americans, and having the courage of their convictions.

While not a Republican, my party hasn't put forth a candidate with a real chance of winning the presidency and because we are few in number with no support in either house or senate, that means I and others like me have to look at the mainstream parties for leaders that may actually work to protect the Constitution and Individual Liberties.

That means I am always watching carefully to see who has the guts to stand up for what they believe, who can articulate their ideas in a thoughtful manner, and have the integrity to take responsability for their actions.

Ted Cruz is ranking high right now. Whether he runs for president or not, he could be a real force for good in the senate.

As to being Canadian because he was born there, his mother is American, and the current president has proven that having a foreign father is immaterial so that argument is bust from the start.

The presidential elections are still a couple years away, kind of early to see who actually decides to run and what their platforms will be. Still, I would like to see how he performs in the next couple years before I would give him my support for president.

As for this fall, the only representative I can vote for also showed the strength of his convictions including donating his salary to charity during the shutdown, so I will vote for him.
The democrat sentator from my state is finally retiring, I guess he has done all the damage he could to the country by writing obamacare and getting the legislation railroaded through into law. He would have most likely lost his race here anyway, so it is great he is getting out because it gives my state an opportunity to right a great wrong and put someone back in washington that actually cares about the country instead of just his own political party and ambitions.

27,624 posts, read 21,183,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary54mi View Post
Sorry do not agree. It was through Obama's manipulations that we had a shutdown.

Ted Cruz is an inspiration. He is rational clear thinking and a great communicator. Coming form neighbor Canada he has a more objective eye on what is relevant and good goal for this country. IMHO he is pushing for our return to being a people run government not the monarchy king Obama is creating.
He is also aware that the present day middle road republicans are on shaky ground with their constituents since they have sold our freedom to the highest bidder. He is a leader.
Ted Cruz is an "inspiration" for fellow sociopaths, that much is true, but the real leader of the people that praise Cruz and his tactics is Ayn Rand and her scorched earth philosophies. Birds of a feather flock together...even if they're vultures.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 10-17-2013 at 08:16 AM..

30,419 posts, read 20,366,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Even a tiny mind is able to decren BS.
Don't think so, because you can't even discern your own B.S.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:09 AM

24,644 posts, read 38,726,867 times
Quote:
There you go again with the poisonous rhetoric that the Left is famous for. Harry Reid, is that you?
No..........This is Saul Alinsky.

I don't see you being able to refute anything I said.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:09 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,901,467 times
Quote:
I don't see the GOP losing elections. We have gained the majority in state legislatures in the majority of states, and we hold more governorships than do Democrats. All this has happened since Barack Obama became President.

The Tea Party is largely responsible for those gains, not the establishment Republicans, who despise them.
And the Tea Party will be largely responsible for the losses that are coming to many state governor's mansions and legislatures around the country. They had their opportunity and they blew it big time and cost this country $24 billion in the process. They have written the campaign ads that will be used against the GOP next year. Already, Republicans are distancing themselves from them as fast as they can.

The Tea Party children will be sent back to kindergarten and not allowed anywhere near power again until they learn how to get along with others. That could take a while.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
If democrats were all far leftist, you would have gotten single payer healthcare.
.........which is exactly what we need.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
I for one appreciate anyone standing up for the rights of individual Americans, and having the courage of their convictions.

While not a Republican, my party hasn't put forth a candidate with a real chance of winning the presidency and because we are few in number with no support in either house or senate, that means I and others like me have to look at the mainstream parties for leaders that may actually work to protect the Constitution and Individual Liberties.

That means I am always watching carefully to see who has the guts to stand up for what they believe, who can articulate their ideas in a thoughtful manner, and have the integrity to take responsability for their actions.

Ted Cruz is ranking high right now. Whether he runs for president or not, he could be a real force for good in the senate.

As to being Canadian because he was born there, his mother is American, and the current president has proven that having a foreign father is immaterial so that argument is bust from the start.

The presidential elections are still a couple years away, kind of early to see who actually decides to run and what their platforms will be. Still, I would like to see how he performs in the next couple years before I would give him my support for president.

As for this fall, the only representative I can vote for also showed the strength of his convictions including donating his salary to charity during the shutdown, so I will vote for him.
The democrat sentator from my state is finally retiring, I guess he has done all the damage he could to the country by writing obamacare and getting the legislation railroaded through into law. He would have most likely lost his race here anyway, so it is great he is getting out because it gives my state an opportunity to right a great wrong and put someone back in washington that actually cares about the country instead.
If it were Obama you'd be birthering him to death. Obama was born in the United States. Cruz wasn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies