Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 07:54 AM

5,663 posts, read 5,092,159 times

Advertisements

Why would the sisters of this woman need to have a lawyer? What did they do? What rights of theirs were violated? What did they lose that was not precipitated by their sister's own actions? Seems like someone's looking to make some money on this.

The next thing we'll hear is "Someone's Gotta Pay!"

Notice in the second line (bolded) below how they now portray themselves as victimized by what happened. If they're afraid of themselves, then maybe they can sue each other.

Sisters of woman killed in DC chase question police actions | Fox News

Quote:
A lawyer for Carey's sisters, Eric Sanders, attributed the shooting to the "siege mentality" that has developed because of terrorism.

"We're afraid of everything. We're afraid of ourselves now," Sanders said, adding that the family would do its own investigation, beginning with an autopsy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 07:57 AM

1,411 posts, read 1,003,010 times
I knew it was coming. Their lawyer is probably grinning from ear to ear. It's always somebody else fault. They have 3 agencies they can sue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Old 10-06-2013, 07:57 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,955,586 times
Of course she will. Are you really surprised?

Welcome to America. Land of Lawyers®

Old 10-06-2013, 08:07 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,914,290 times
Uh; tho I don't like Obama, he's STILL the POTUS and that Carey lady shouldn't have tried to crash the fence, she got what she had coming.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:14 AM

18,420 posts, read 19,036,217 times
most people if it were their family member would want the matter investigated further.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:23 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
most people if it were their family member would want the matter investigated further.
Someone asked a very relevant question. Why did the police not just shoot her tires? There were enough of them surrounding her and they had enough time. I realize that it was a tense few moments, but these guys are supposed to be trained to act in situations such as this...aren't they? Maybe they thought she had a bomb strapped on or something, but I can understand the family's questioning things. There's also the matter of her child and the last I heard, is still in custody with Child Protective Services.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:24 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,668,560 times
They will do an investigation, just like in every shooting. Heck, I'm reading a fiction book now about a police sniper, sent in to shoot if required, which he did, and he is immediately being investigated. If there has been an improper action by the police, it will come out and they will have grounds to sue. Let the process happen.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:27 AM

18,420 posts, read 19,036,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Someone asked a very relevant question. Why did the police not just shoot her tires? There were enough of them surrounding her and they had enough time. I realize that it was a tense few moments, but these guys are supposed to be trained to act in situations such as this...aren't they? Maybe they thought she had a bomb strapped on or something, but I can understand the family's questioning things.

we hear far too often about innocent people being shot dead by police who were either in the wrong place at the wrong time or unarmed in some way. in most of these cases it seems the police could have sot the tires out, shot the person in the leg, done something other than kill them. not saying all police shootings are wrong, however we have too many people being killed by the police for no good reason. they should have better training.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:34 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,380,609 times
Maybe they are afraid, of being investigated themselves....I don't see any issues with them having an attorney.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:52 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,246,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Why would the sisters of this woman need to have a lawyer? What did they do? What rights of theirs were violated? What did they lose that was not precipitated by their sister's own actions? Seems like someone's looking to make some money on this.

The next thing we'll hear is "Someone's Gotta Pay!"

Notice in the second line (bolded) below how they now portray themselves as victimized by what happened. If they're afraid of themselves, then maybe they can sue each other.

Sisters of woman killed in DC chase question police actions | Fox News
If your family member were shot up, would you not want an investigation to see if the cops over reacted? And, if it were found that cops did over react, wouldn't you be filing a wrongful death lawsuit, or would you just say, oh well, live and let die?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies