Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 09:20 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,712,852 times

Advertisements

Senate Republicans slam Cruz:

Quote:
Remember when we told you that Senate Republicans were a potential weak link for the GOP in this budget standoff? Well, just look at these anonymous quotes from Senate Republicans about Ted Cruz and his role in this fight after a private GOP lunch. “It was very evident to everyone in the room that Cruz doesn’t have a strategy – he never had a strategy, and could never answer a question about what the end-game was,” said one senator who attended the meeting, per Politico. “I just wish the 35 House members that have bought the snake oil that was sold could witness what was witnessed today at lunch.” Another quote: “He kept trying to change the subject because he never could answer the question,” the senator said. “It’s pretty evident it’s never been about a strategy – it’s been about him. That’s unfortunate. I think he’s done our country a major disservice. I think he’s done Republicans a major disservice.” As we’ve said before, the Senate Republicans likely are going to end up being the ones to end this standoff. The question is when do enough of them decide enough is enough.
First Thoughts: A potential way out - First Read

Ted Cruz represents Ted Cruz.

Yep, he sure is impressive!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2013, 09:22 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post

He leads the popularity polls, when you get away from Capital Hill.

Old 10-03-2013, 12:35 PM

1,480 posts, read 2,796,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post

That story was leaked to the Press by Cruz haters who want to discredit him.

Old 10-03-2013, 12:46 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
Did anyone see Ted Cruz on MEET THE PRESS on NBC on Sunday?

I was told by my friends and relatives that Red Cruz was an idiot and so terrible and will destroy America, so I decided to check him out. I am a liberal Democrat.

I had never seen him talk for a long time and wanted to size him up and see what he was all about. After watching him I did not agree with his political beliefs but found him very charismatic, well spoken, and likable. I found him very impressive. He basically destroyed the Meet the Press Host.

Any one else impressed with Ted Cruz after watching him on MEET THE PRESS even though you may not agree with his political beliefs?

(I understand he is on the top of the latest polls for the Republicans choice for President in the next election)
Well I give you credit for at least looking with an open mind instead of looking at him with hatred because you're of your friends opinions.

Old 10-04-2013, 07:53 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
I find it interesting that the other Liberals in here have pretty much eaten the OP and spit him out... even though he made it abundantly clear that HE is a liberal democrat. This is what happens when you veer from the accepted talking points, open your mind, and see things as they really are. This is what happens when ideology hijacks rational thought, and the reality of the real-world is ignored.

It's perplexing to hear posters that believe the following are bad things;
-Spending within your means
-Teaching people to fish instead of supplying them fish
-Not rewarding procrastination
-Being responsible for ones self.

When you believe that people need the government more than the government needs the people, the free country is lost.

Old 10-04-2013, 07:57 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'm retired now View Post
that story was leaked to the press by cruz haters who want to discredit him.
SURPRISE! :d

Yeppers stephen, they eat their own.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:02 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,408,266 times
Cruz is a POS whose primary interest is Ted Cruz. He has nearly wrecked the party with his certain -loss shutdown. I feel sorry for those with their heads rammed up his rear -like Nebraska Sen. Fischer.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:03 PM

82 posts, read 48,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Didn't watch but he is no dummy. I suspect he'd run intellectual circles around Obama in a debate.
Im sure many thought the same about Romney

Old 10-04-2013, 08:15 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Ted Cruz is quite a bit better educated than any liberal on this forum, it's no surprise they've showed up here to attack him.
That's an odd thing to say since you don't know anything about anyone here

Old 10-04-2013, 08:23 PM

82 posts, read 48,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Ted Cruz is quite a bit better educated than any liberal on this forum, it's no surprise they've showed up here to attack him.
So if someone has more education you should not criticize them? Does this count for all or just so called liberals?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies