Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 09:22 PM

27,463 posts, read 15,568,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I agree, he's a Liberal pretending to be a Republican....

I've said as much many times even here earlier today.
I wondered years ago how he keeps getting re-elected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2013, 09:24 PM

27,463 posts, read 15,568,184 times
John "Keating 5" McCain.

Old 09-08-2013, 09:51 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,166,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
I said it once and I'll say it again... Anyone thinking McCain is a liberal isn't educated on his voting recorded...

Old 09-08-2013, 10:19 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,251,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
I would take an educated guess that, with exception of losing the Presidential race to Obama in 2008 and the GOP primary for President to Bush in 2004, he keeps getting elected as Senator due to his heroism in Vietnam. He certainly deserves credit for that. Without it, I believe he would have been defeated at the Senate level by now.

Old 09-08-2013, 10:45 PM

56,966 posts, read 35,394,970 times
I still think he would've been a decent president.

Glad he didn't win though.

Old 09-08-2013, 11:01 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,237,026 times
His entire life is based on ONE thing..It is to criticise Obama every chance he gets. He can not say 2 sentences without one of them including Obama in a negative way..Watch him and see...He needs to get over it..HE LOST THE ELECTION

Old 09-08-2013, 11:35 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,859,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I agree, he's a Liberal pretending to be a Republican....

hahaha typical republican throwing mccain under the bus..And besides liberal is a ideology i doubt mccain is a liberal-republican(yes they exist under moderate term) he's either moderate or a neo/ultra-conservative but id expect you not to know the difference..Conservatives have been trying to push out the other wings of the republican party since the republican party became overwhelmingly conservative

Damn near every republican has been called a rino for either compromising across the aisle

Old 09-09-2013, 12:00 AM

38,745 posts, read 26,559,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I kind of just use the meaning out of the dictionary to define who is a liberal and who is not. From voting against MKL day to John McCain’s other votes in the Senate he is not a liberal.

favorable to progress or reform, as in political or religious affairs.

noting or pertaining to a political party advocating measures ofprogressive political reform.

of, pertaining to, based on, or advocating liberalism, especially the freedom of the individual andgovernmental guarantees of individual rights and liberties.

favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom possible, especially asguaranteed by law and secured by governmental protection of civil liberties.

favoring or permitting freedom of action, especially with respect to matters of personal belief orexpression: a liberal policy toward dissident artists and writers.

McCain's Shift Makes Him Senate's Most Conservative - NationalJournal.com

"especially the freedom of the individual and governmental guarantees of individual rights and liberties."

Someone needs to get a new dictionary.

Old 09-09-2013, 12:25 AM

29,667 posts, read 16,711,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
The man must view the world as a real life Civilization game.

Map: All the Countries John McCain Has Wanted to Attack | Mother Jones
You are just finding this out ?

McCain: 'Today We Are All Georgians' - YouTube

Old 09-09-2013, 12:32 AM

29,667 posts, read 16,711,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Yes, he's pretty liberal.

What is your defining factor as to whether someone is conservative or liberal?
Libertarian, Moderate, Progressive, populist, centrist. these are the other most common ideologies in this nation.

We are not as black and white of a nation to say everyone is either conservative or liberal.

And LOL @ "He's pretty Liberal".

No, he is not. You are defining Liberal as anyone who does not fall into your definition of conservative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies