Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 12:34 PM

46,260 posts, read 27,078,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post

I didn't mention you. Everything isn't necessarily always all about you all the time. I not only don't know you, but I don't care to know you individually, because of how abusively immoral the perspectives you promote are, so my comments are, as is proper, about things bigger than just you..
You stated "righitst" which is what you think I am, so I responded.

Abusively immoral? So, in the 3rd sentence, you say you don't care to know me and then call me abusively immoral?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
For someone who claims to be "neither right or left" it is surprising that you promote exclusively rabidly right-wing perspectives.
Rabidily, right wing...

I have an opinion, you don't agree with it so there for I am wrong, how leftist of you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Are you talking about the low income people who live in red states whose governors and legislators are refusing to expand Medicaid? Because coverage is there for them, if their politicians would allow them to have it.
I guess you did not read the link to the CBO report....

Old 08-29-2013, 12:54 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,868,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I guess you did not read the link to the CBO report....
You're right, it's only six million or so low income people who will be left out when their states opt out of expanding Medicaid. But the ACA is making insurance affordable to about 30 million people who didn't have it before. I guess we'll have to go to single payer to get the rest of the way.

Last edited by HeyJude514; 08-29-2013 at 01:13 PM..

Old 08-29-2013, 01:28 PM

Quote:
You're right, it's only six million or so low income people who will be left out when their states opt out of expanding Medicaid. But the ACA is making insurance affordable to about 30 million people who didn't have it before. I guess we'll have to go to single payer to get the rest of the way.
Nope, it clearly states that 30 million will still not have isurance...not sure where you are getting your info...

Now, would you be spinning words to suit your needs...Nawwwwwwww

Old 08-29-2013, 01:37 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,503,740 times

Crossroads GPS: Propaganda - YouTube

Old 08-29-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Nope, it clearly states that 30 million will still not have isurance...not sure where you are getting your info...

Now, would you be spinning words to suit your needs...Nawwwwwwww
From the CBO:

Proposed regulations recently issued by the Department of Health and Human Services and the Department of the Treasury expanded the number of people who will be exempt from paying a penalty for being uninsured relative to our previous expectations. CBO and JCT now expect that, as a result of those regulations, between 500,000 and 1 million fewer people will obtain health insurance coverage each year. In our current projections for 2023, the ACA reduces the number of people without health insurance by 25 million.

CBO | CBO

So a net add of 25 million who currently don't have insurance will have under the ACA. I am one of them.

Last edited by HeyJude514; 08-29-2013 at 02:04 PM..

Old 08-29-2013, 02:06 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,503,740 times
Quote:
From the CBO:

Proposed regulations recently issued by the Department of Health and Human Services and the Department of the Treasury expanded the number of people who will be exempt from paying a penalty for being uninsured relative to our previous expectations. CBO and JCT now expect that, as a result of those regulations, between 500,000 and 1 million fewer people will obtain health insurance coverage each year. In our current projections for 2023, the ACA reduces the number of people without health insurance by 25 million.

CBO | CBO

So a net add of 25 million who currently don't have insurance now will have it when the ACA is fully implemented. I am one of them.
Who do you think pays for the added 25 million? There is no free lunch even if the current people in government tells you it is.

They are trying to get young people to pay for insurance but they are young and healthy. They won't buy it. Tell Obama to get his rich cronies to use the plan---you know, the ones he exempted.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:
From the CBO:

CBO | CBO

So a net add of 25 million who currently don't have insurance will have under the ACA. I am one of them.
Yes, down from 50 million...I'm glad, don't get me wrong....but there will still be people without insurance... which is not what was promised....

Old 08-29-2013, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Yes, down from 50 million...I'm glad, don't get me wrong....but there will still be people without insurance... which is not what was promised....
We're obviously not where we need to be yet, but this is moving in the right direction. Twenty-five million people who don't have to live in fear of getting sick and being financially wiped out will tell you that.

Do we have a ways to go? Yes. But there has been no movement on this front since the Clintons tried to reform healthcare 20 years ago. I get that you guys hate the ACA, but Obama ran on healthcare reform in 2008, so it's not like this should have come as a surprise. And even with the knowledge that this was coming, there have been no alternative ideas coming from the GOP, not one. So we will have to go with what we were able to pass, and fix it as we go. Or the Republicans can suggest something constructive, something other than simply repealing it. They talk about "replace," but I have yet to see anything beyond using the word.

In the mean time, I and 25 million other Americans who will be able to buy insurance will sleep better at night. I call that progress.

Last edited by HeyJude514; 08-29-2013 at 03:22 PM..

Old 08-29-2013, 03:21 PM

Quote:
We're obviously not where we need to be yet, but this is moving in the right direction. Twenty-five million people who don't have to live in fear of getting sick and being financially wiped out will tell you that.

Do we have a ways to go? Yes. But there has been no movement on this front since the Clintons tried to reform healthcare 20 years ago. I get that you guys hate the ACA, but Obama ran on healthcare reform in 2008, so it's not like this should have come as a surprise. And even with the knowledge that this was coming, there have been no alternative ideas coming from the GOP, not one. So we will have to go with what we were able to pass, and fix it as we go. Or the Republicans can suggest something constructive, something other than simply repealing it. They talk about "replace," but I have yet to see anything beyond using the word.

In the mean time, I and 25 million Americans who will be able to buy insurance will sleep better at night.
Well, you have changed your tune from a few posts ago...

But, listen, change needs to happen, no doubt...but do you really think change needed to happen like it did?

Righties don't want to push grandma off the cliff as suggested by the lefties.....

Lets not forget how many time the house and the senate have been blue or red and nothing was done....

Preexisting conditions need to be taken care of, no doubt.

Sorry, but the way it was passed was not the right way to do it....

I also don't care if it was a rightie plan many years ago....the righties never attempted to push it through....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies